There are so few players I'm tempted to try this year

Bowden92
6072 posts Big Money Move
Honestly don't know what to do :joy: Plan was, wait while Thursday and see who gets released, see what happens with prices etc, but I honestly don't know who to get, I've got Dinho 89 and Petit, plus I'll have 5M + by Thursday, but I can't think of a team at all, I very rarely play matches anyway, only a few a week, but literally nobody is standing out, any suggestions please :'(

Comments

• ha032742
    35067 posts Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Wait till TOTY? We’ll get shiny new blues plus we’ll have a bumper TOTW 15 in the meantime so something might take your fancy?
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    2717 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2017
    Prime Roberto Carlos is one of the most fun cards I've used this FIFA! Can defend, shoot, dribble, cross, everything!
  • Legend Killer
    1014 posts Professional
    Prime Roberto Carlos is one of the most fun cards I've used this FIFA! Can defend, shoot, dribble, cross, everything!

I second this!
  • Bowden92
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Wait till TOTY? We’ll get shiny new blues plus we’ll have a bumper TOTW 15 in the meantime so something might take your fancy?

TBH I never even thought about TOTY players, just expected all the attackers to be expensive, who's expected in totw mate ? Not even seen the draft
  • Bowden92

I probably wouldn't do his SBC, actually did fancy using his 88 though because I was a fan irl but everybody put me off by saying fullbacks aren't worth it :joy:
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    Bowden92 wrote: »

I probably wouldn't do his SBC, actually did fancy using his 88 though because I was a fan irl but everybody put me off by saying fullbacks aren't worth it :joy:

Fair enough mate, it's a lot to spend on a fullback like but I honestly don't think there's too many good choices in the game, now I never have to worry about fitting a LB into a nes squad, I can just stick Carlos there and not have to worry about performance or chemistry! :)
  • Bowden92

Fair enough mate, it's a lot to spend on a fullback like but I honestly don't think there's too many good choices in the game, now I never have to worry about fitting a LB into a nes squad, I can just stick Carlos there and not have to worry about performance or chemistry! :)

Which is exactly why I considered him aswell, you literally can never upgrade him, he's there till the end
  • xGrumpyWolfx

Which is exactly why I considered him aswell, you literally can never upgrade him, he's there till the end

Yup! It's a shame that the loan version SBC disappeared because you could have just done that and give him a whirl!
  • ha032742
    35067 posts Moderator
    edited December 2017

TBH I never even thought about TOTY players, just expected all the attackers to be expensive, who's expected in totw mate ? Not even seen the draft

SIF ST Messi
    SIF Aguero
    SIF (I think) Kane
    87 Mbappe

e787763031cc80dafdb42ebca29caf39.jpg
  • Bowden92

Yup! It's a shame that the loan version SBC disappeared because you could have just done that and give him a whirl!

That's true, TBH I wouldn't mind searching for the right deal on a 88, then if I sell just cover my tax, but even then, I just literally don't know what team to build, were just going to get R90, 86 Vieira and go from There, but I honestly think I could do way better for the coins than those 2
  • ha032742
    35067 posts Moderator
    A slightly different draft here courtesy of @Merto

DR2B9UCW0AEgkD0.jpg
  • Bowden92

SIF ST Messi
    SIF Aguero
    SIF (I think) Kane
    87 Mbappe

e787763031cc80dafdb42ebca29caf39.jpg

Another Messi/Mbappe/Aguero :o Pretty soon Mbappe going to have some of the best stats in the game
  • ha032742
    35067 posts Moderator
    Lozano will be insane and same with Lukaku.
  • Bowden92
    edited December 2017

DR2B9UCW0AEgkD0.jpg

Thanks man, still got all the main high end ones in, so they seem quite likely, I never even saw Lozano ! I'm sure Lukaku is a hidden icon, if he could pass he'd be verging on unreal, he seems to have 99 pace and strength
  • Legend Killer
    1014 posts Professional
    Sergi Roberto surely has to be in there too, MOTM performance iirc.
  • jonkero
    5140 posts Big Money Move
    How on earth you got like 8-9 mil if I may ask?
  • Bowden92
    edited December 2017
    Because I spend 99.9% of the time trading and the remainder playing :'(

That is not that much really in this year's game, people are way richer than me, I bet half the forum is
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class

DR2B9UCW0AEgkD0.jpg

A customary Utd player squeezed in!!

:tired_face: :disappointed:
  • Bowden92
    LeonidasJB wrote: »

DR2B9UCW0AEgkD0.jpg

A customary Utd player squeezed in!!

:tired_face: :disappointed:

He'll be good for SBC ;)
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    Personally this yr I have tried and enjoyed more players than any previous FUT.
    I have made several Hybrids from my favourite teams and use them for squad battles.
    Tried lots of different IFs and other specials. Also loving the Icons this year.
  • Bowden92
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    Personally this yr I have tried and enjoyed more players than any previous FUT.
    I have made several Hybrids from my favourite teams and use them for squad battles.
    Tried lots of different IFs and other specials. Also loving the Icons this year.

I'm honestly so stuck, I just don't know who to get mate, I feel like I enjoy using cheaper teams more than expensive, I'm **** at the game these days anyway, but play even worse with top players, my mindset changes and I don't try as much
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    TOTGS Yedder is very good.
  • Falafelmonster
    4816 posts National Call-Up
    @Bowden92 how is 89 Ronnie?
  • ImmigrantMentality
    5864 posts Big Money Move
    same. used maradona, henry, ronaldinho, adp. not many others interest me other than r9
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    For WL regulars I agree, such a small pool of players to choose from that would be considered competitive.

Me and @WFCBagnall have spoke about this many times.

One of the reasons I make very few changes to my team.
  • Bowden92
    @Falafelmonster He is a good, fun card, worth the price ? ... Probably not :D
  • Bowden92
    edited December 2017
    I don't even play WL at all, I agree that there are only certain types of players you can use in WL, for example, I could get away with using Kroos if I really liked him irl, but obviously he's not a WL player, but still, I just can't fine anybody that really stands out to me :'( Not for the price anyway, when you consider how expensive some players are, I just can't justify it
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    I don't even play WL at all, I agree that there are only certain types of players you can use in WL, for example, I could get away with using Kroos if I really liked him irl, but obviously he's not a WL player, but still, I just can't fine anybody that really stands out to me :'( Not for the price anyway, when you consider how expensive some players are, I just can't justify it

You are not alone with this problem. Same old
    boring players, and the one player I want is probably getting released in April/May.
  • Bowden92
    edited December 2017
    Cantona84 wrote: »

boring players, and the one player I want is probably getting released in April/May.

This is why I messaged you a while ago asking about R94 because I'm constantly tempted to just chuck all my coins on him, Ronaldo is actually 1 of the few I really genuinely want, but look at that price tag ! It's laughable imo

But Ye, it is same old boring players, plus there took out alot of decent legends from last year, plus the pool of players who are actually deemed usable gets smaller every year
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    Cantona84 wrote: »

This is why I messaged you a while ago asking about R94 because I'm constantly tempted to just chuck all my coins on him, Ronaldo is actually 1 of the few I really genuinely want, but look at that price tag ! It's laughable imo

I highly regret selling him. But I am on vacation and got out only loosing a minimum of coins. I am doing his prime though. Guess that will be highly expensive also. No hurries building a team though.