Come here if you are a Del Pierro user

Dharps19
1296 posts Play-Off Hero
edited December 2017
I have never had 1 million coins in fifa and I don't really know what to do. All the squads that I am thinking about making just seem like I will get bored quickly. The only thing that I can think of that is fun is doing the ADP sbc. I am asking for the ADP users to come here to ask you guys if he is worth all of my coins. The only think that is holding me back from doing this is that I am putting pretty much every single one of my coins into this player and if I get bored of him or I don't like how he plays then I am screwed for the rest of fifa 18. Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do?

Comments

• Metalfly
    1066 posts Professional
    edited December 2017
    I definitely wouldn't do that, I've only used his 90 cards though, he is great at what he does but you will have to learn how to use him. He is very weak on the ball due to a combination of low strength and balance. Plus he is not fast enough to pull away from markers to offset this.

He does have amazing long shot with 5* WF, so you have to build up your attack with your other players, ping the passes around until you get a bit of space with him on the edge of the box, then he is absolutely lethal with either foot. Any attempts at dribbling will end up with him on the floor.

Given that you will need to spend all your coins on him I would definitely advise against doing his SBC, see if you can afford his 90 card first to try him out.
  • sulley88
    702 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Try the loan version first ;)
  • Dharps19
    1296 posts Play-Off Hero
    ??? I don't think you can do the loan anymore @sulley88
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    Try a few different icon strikers that are tradable.
  • Dharps19
    1296 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nana_bitty wrote: »
    Try a few different icon strikers that are tradable.

I have tried 87 crespo who was pretty good but just didn't think he was worth it when aguer was better than him in every stat and crespo was twice the price
  • Byrnzie28
    1862 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2017
    I wouldn't do the SBC if I were you. I use the 90 version and he's my favourite player in the game.

If you're going to use him at ST then I'd buy either the 90, or the 87. The 87 has higher pace and H/M workrates, and most people who have used him say the 87 is his best version.

You can check out the ADP Apprecciation thread in the Xbox community section of these forums too. http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/331990/the-alessandro-del-piero-appreciation-thread#latest
  • ECUPirates
    1124 posts Professional
    Idk why everybody harps on ADP’s 5* WF. If he’s anything like his card on 17 he never uses it. Always used the outside of his right foot when I was trying to use his left.
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    ECUPirates wrote: »
    Idk why everybody harps on ADP’s 5* WF. If he’s anything like his card on 17 he never uses it. Always used the outside of his right foot when I was trying to use his left.

5 star just gives you the freedom to use both feet.
  • I had only the 87 Version and play with him as CAM and as Striker in a Two-Striker Formation.
    He is incredible everywhere!
  • Stonebridge
    1154 posts Professional
    Yes Yes and Yes, but only if u intend to use him at CAM
  • Mrhey31
    3009 posts National Call-Up
    I have him and he is great. But i have enough coins to do other stuff aswell. If you have 1mil. I would try to get 2mil before i would do the sbc. What are you going to do to make the coins if you have no coins left. I always keep 1 mil aside for cheap quick instant coin making chances.
  • WTFsmirky08
    2973 posts National Call-Up
    At CAM he is incredible, I really like him, gets involved in everything, great long shots, two magical feet.

The 92 is better balanced but his W/R aren't as good.

I would suggest that I would never EVER put all my money into one card though, especially an untradeable, thats just daft
  • WFCBagnall
    90248 posts Moderator
    Byrnzie28 wrote: »
    I wouldn't do the SBC if I were you. I use the 90 version and he's my favourite player in the game.

If you're going to use him at ST then I'd buy either the 90, or the 87. The 87 has higher pace and H/M workrates, and most people who have used him say the 87 is his best version.

You can check out the ADP Apprecciation thread in the Xbox community section of these forums too. http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/331990/the-alessandro-del-piero-appreciation-thread#latest

Great thread
  • krappen07
    5995 posts Big Money Move
    I've been looking at 87 ADP, close to buying him if he was near 1,1. Compared him IG stats to 92 Hazard, and Hazard looked slightly better tbf.
    Just got Hazard on bid for 1,05m.. to cheap to let slide. Try him for a day and sell him during WL, wanna try ADP soon to compare
  • BiigDee
    4972 posts Big Money Move
    Don't sink all your money into a card you can't sell. Buy the 87. Many many people rave about him but he did nothing for me and I tried him twice. Probably I didn't give him enough time but Hagi does the job. Rui was also great.
  • Fatmanc
    1353 posts Professional
    id say buy 2 icons at around the 500K mark and enjoy making hybrids.
    Go for the central ones CM, CAM etc as they should hold their value not decrease when BIG icon SBCs come out.

87 Bergkamp is good, I also liked rijkaard
  • Byrnzie28
    1862 posts Fans' Favourite
    Buy the 87 or the 90. They're both great.