Division 3 is where it starts

D3ATHSQUAD
2984 posts National Call-Up
Been slowly working my way through the Divisions as I have time and just got to Division 3... and the game play immediately seems to change at that point.

6 of the 8 teams I've played in D-3 are Mbappe, Martial, Jesus, Bakayoko, etc... long through balls, sprinting up the sides and high pressure defense. Division 3 is where the sheep are apparently.

I've won a couple, drawn a few and lost 3 or 4 so relegation here I come and I don't think I really mind... LOL.

Comments

• bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    I'd love to play nothing but divisions 10-4 forever. Actually saw some interesting national and league teams without the usual try hard suspects.
  • CervezaNL
    1269 posts Professional
    Git gud
  • Danic123
    2302 posts Fans' Favourite
    Div 4 is where it started for me, not relegated but just constantly holding. Been experimenting so may get out, but found all the other previous divisions a breeze.

But that just tells me I've pretty much found my level for now, until I settle & improve. And that's all you have found as well. Sadly, it is just a case of "git gud".
  • i was alright in division 3,
    its division 2 when it all started.
    all everyone does is put martial up top with Son and somehow they are unstoppable.

don't get me wrong I'm not the worst player but I'm not that great either and i lose my concentration really easy so give up if I'm losing a lot.
  • DobbyDooDah
    5697 posts Big Money Move
    I didn't lose a game until Div 2. Played a guy with Prime Del P, switched form at the start and gave me a hard game. Lost 3-2.

Everyone in Div 3 plus has a meta team and is a good player.
  • Joestoe
    4671 posts National Call-Up
    I'm cruising through Div 3, but in Div 2, I struggle a lot. Seems like there's a huge difference between the players there. I kinda like it though, it gives me an easy opportunity to see how much I improve.
  • Scutch
    10399 posts Has That Special Something
    Division 2 is my nemesis. I think once you progress from 3 you’ll always be able to gain promotion or retain your position. But Division 2 is a grind.
  • krambizzle
    345 posts Sunday League Hero
    im a division 1 player and the players in div 1 are the worst type wait till you get there plus you got the cheaters to who do the no loss glitch
  • PelzyWelzy
    9309 posts League Winner
    As it is every year, the jump up from div 4 to 3 is the biggest so far as divisions go. Think this is due to the fact in 3 you can match up with Div 1 players regurlarly - couple of defeats by players in Div 1 tends to set the tone for a season, often all downhill from there.

I'm in Div 1 but not touched it in over a month. Just about held my last run (won it twice) but it was a proper slog.. Lag in divisions is absolutely brutal, can't stand it.

Anything Div 3 and above is comfortably WL standard imo.
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    I think they are everywhere. But mostly on the online singles. Those are the hardest/sweatiest games I play, harder than Online seasons (I'm division 2) and WL

I thought of relegating, but then I will have boring games where I would win easy and that's not fun either. I kind of stopped playing though didn't play divisions in the past 3 weeks and only got Bronze 2 in the past 2 WL.

The game has some strange mechanics. If you abuse them you can win most of the games, but it's kind of boring. If you are not using them you know you are handicaping yourself and start to lose. Again not fun. Throw in some serious lag all day (nights are ok though) and you are better not playing.
  • mjs4p
    11088 posts Has That Special Something
    I think D3 is the first one where you start playing some D1 players, so it makes sense.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9309 posts League Winner
    edited December 2017
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Div 2 is where the desperation starts.
  • S P 4 C E Y
    2436 posts Fans' Favourite
    Div 2 is where the desperation starts.

This was always my experience. Not put much time in this year
  • It's so frustrating now. I win Div 4 easily but struggle to stay in Div 3 so just yoyo between the two divisions. Now and again I'll get destroyed in Div 3 but mostly I don't see much of a difference. Shots I score with in Div 4 go narrowly wide or over and the opposition seem to score with virtually every shot. I had one season in Div 3 where Courtois didn't make a save until the 6th game, and they weren't all worldies and some bizarre own goals.
  • Currieman
    4920 posts National Call-Up
    I've been relegated from Div 1 4 or 5 times this year. Only held twice :lol:

Don't play seasons at all anymore but I am currently 3-0 in Div 1 so I should really try and finish the season! Just hate the fact that it can be laggy as hell if you match someone with a **** connection.
  • Ulook92
    12478 posts Has That Special Something
    Division 3 is easy, Division 2 is where it really starts. Im constantly up and down between the divisions.
  • Danic123
    2302 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    Division 3 is easy, Division 2 is where it really starts. Im constantly up and down between the divisions.

Took me a while to get out of Div 3/4 can’t remember which, but once I found decent tactics / formation for me I hold Div 1 easy and sometimes win.
  • Pauldejong6
    6720 posts Big Money Move
    Currieman wrote: »
    I've been relegated from Div 1 4 or 5 times this year. Only held twice :lol:

Don't play seasons at all anymore but I am currently 3-0 in Div 1 so I should really try and finish the season! Just hate the fact that it can be laggy as hell if you match someone with a **** connection.

Agreed on the connection. It seems so bad most of the time. Like divisions are runned on a 10 year old server or whatever.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    I just hit 4 after usually being 3 or 2 in previous versions.

Bang straight defeats. Every game was a lag fest.

Is that normal ?
  • CR7BRUH
    3870 posts National Call-Up
    Shelled div 3 lol not lost yet
  • Jonboyparker
    5275 posts Big Money Move
    I just hit 4 after usually being 3 or 2 in previous versions.

Bang straight defeats. Every game was a lag fest.

Is that normal ?

Old thread this!

I thinks so. Obviously the defending is a little harder to master and there's a lot of randomness to each game. From players ive spoke to that used to be in D1 in previous games, it is harder especially if you haven't learnt many of the exploits that can get you out of trouble.

It's not nice to say, but the higher you get, the same repetitive game play you get.

I also heard somewhere at D3-D1 were a mix of all teams in them divisions so you could be playing all D1 players in theory.

Keep it up though. It gets easier

• Hippyboy6
    16864 posts World Class
    I dunno, I beeezed through division 2, leaving myself ready to be promoted in case I miss qualifying a WL I can play. I didn't have any issues with lag or sweaty players
  • RandomLhama83
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 2018
    It depends on matchmaking.. if there’s no d2 players on.. you match up against d1 supertry Hards with god teams even in D2-3.. the games engine is very team dependent ... anyone tells you otherwise is lying . Meaning if you come up against a god team and that player is of high skill level your pretty much done. I guess one can argue some skill is shown when equal teams face off but even then , from watching gorila play it you hear even him say it “ broken game” all match long. I just don’t think ea has figured how to implement a skill gap of any kind. So all you get is randomization n bs.