OT: Anybody with anxiety struggle with video games ?

1
Bowden92
6072 posts Big Money Move
Always loved Fifa, but every year I've played less and less, I love trading because it's not mentally taxing, but I struggle so much these days with video games, probably due to how competitive they've grown, once I've played a few matches on Fifa I am mentally drained, I struggle so much actually playing, win lose or draw sometimes I just switch the console off mid game because I struggle that much

Just curious if anybody else has anything similar, it's not just games with me, same with films/tv shows/music etc

Comments

  • chaser2k15
    13355 posts Has That Special Something
    Exactly the same.
    I love trading but playing the game is so frustrating.
  • Azof
    16353 posts World Class
    fifa is the only game I just cant play online anymore, you have so little control over what happens it isnt worth the stress
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    Yes
  • Shaqiri
    1390 posts Professional
    I wouldn’t say that’s anxiety, you probably just don’t care as much as you used to. I’m very much the same, I used to buy games of all different franchises now I only buy Fifa, AC and I’ve been playing Fortnite on recommendation.
  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    I didn't think it would just be me, but I did wonder just how much other people were actually like this, Fifa I just can't handle online anymore, it's just too much for me, to the point where playing the game does actually scramble my head, it definitely hits that spot that triggers frustration/anxiety
  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2017
    Shaqiri wrote: »
    I wouldn’t say that’s anxiety, you probably just don’t care as much as you used to. I’m very much the same, I used to buy games of all different franchises now I only buy Fifa, AC and I’ve been playing Fortnite on recommendation.

    I've had anxiety all my life mate, sometimes mild but sometimes it's really bad, it definitely stems from anxiety, trust me, but the part about not caring as much as I used to is true

    Anxiety isn't something I've just self diagnosed overnight, I've lived with it for as far back as I can remember and recognise it and accept it very well now that I'm an adult
  • dylwms
    2306 posts Fans' Favourite
    Azof wrote: »
    fifa is the only game I just cant play online anymore, you have so little control over what happens it isnt worth the stress

    Dont play online these days either.... So much less stress and frustration.
  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    To you guys that don't play online ... Do you play SB ? Or do you play other modes in Fifa aswell
  • Azof
    16353 posts World Class
    Bowden92 wrote: »
    To you guys that don't play online ... Do you play SB ? Or do you play other modes in Fifa aswell

    I only played SB but gave up entirely on it now, too boring
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    I guess I used to, but now I care less so don't get annoyed by it, but it also means I play less.
  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    Azof wrote: »
    Bowden92 wrote: »
    To you guys that don't play online ... Do you play SB ? Or do you play other modes in Fifa aswell

    I only played SB but gave up entirely on it now, too boring

    Really, so SB is no fun then ? Never played it other than just a match or 2 earlier in the game, so not really give it chance
  • A Crafty Gamer
    724 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Azof wrote: »
    fifa is the only game I just cant play online anymore, you have so little control over what happens it isnt worth the stress

    Same here. I don’t struggle with anxiety, but I get insanely stressed out playing this game online. It’s mostly the crap connections and inconsistency in 90% of matches. I’ve moved on to playing SB’s and couldn’t be happier. Gets a little repetitive, but it’s not worth compromising my health. Life is stressful enough as is.
  • Azof
    16353 posts World Class
    Bowden92 wrote: »
    Azof wrote: »
    Bowden92 wrote: »
    To you guys that don't play online ... Do you play SB ? Or do you play other modes in Fifa aswell

    I only played SB but gave up entirely on it now, too boring

    Really, so SB is no fun then ? Never played it other than just a match or 2 earlier in the game, so not really give it chance

    I played it for first 5/6 weeks it must have been, that much fifa just gets stale.

  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    Peter wrote: »
    I guess I used to, but now I care less so don't get annoyed by it, but it also means I play less.

    I'm like this though, I honestly couldn't care less about winning or losing I just want it to be enjoyable, but I just cannot get that
  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2017
    Azof wrote: »
    fifa is the only game I just cant play online anymore, you have so little control over what happens it isnt worth the stress

    Same here. I don’t struggle with anxiety, but I get insanely stressed out playing this game online. It’s mostly the **** connections and inconsistency in 90% of matches. I’ve moved on to playing SB’s and couldn’t be happier. Gets a little repetitive, but it’s not worth compromising my health. Life is stressful enough as is.

    Ye exactly, it's just hard when you have that Fifa itch that needs scratching, but I just simply can't do it with online play anymore
  • Shaqiri
    1390 posts Professional
    Bowden92 wrote: »
    Shaqiri wrote: »
    I wouldn’t say that’s anxiety, you probably just don’t care as much as you used to. I’m very much the same, I used to buy games of all different franchises now I only buy Fifa, AC and I’ve been playing Fortnite on recommendation.

    I've had anxiety all my life mate, sometimes mild but sometimes it's really bad, it definitely stems from anxiety, trust me, but the part about not caring as much as I used to is true

    Anxiety isn't something I've just self diagnosed overnight, I've lived with it for as far back as I can remember and recognise it and accept it very well now that I'm an adult

    Wasn’t trying to cause offence mate I just didn’t see the correlation at first
  • People really need to step away from UT and dabble in the world of H2H seasons, its where I get my fifa fix, the gameplay is a lot better with a lot less douchier user group.

    The cups are available 24/7 and you can play whatever formation you want, you still get a few try hards and mechanic abusers but a lot more people just seem to want to enjoy the game and try play some decent online football.

  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    Shaqiri wrote: »
    Bowden92 wrote: »
    Shaqiri wrote: »
    I wouldn’t say that’s anxiety, you probably just don’t care as much as you used to. I’m very much the same, I used to buy games of all different franchises now I only buy Fifa, AC and I’ve been playing Fortnite on recommendation.

    I've had anxiety all my life mate, sometimes mild but sometimes it's really bad, it definitely stems from anxiety, trust me, but the part about not caring as much as I used to is true

    Anxiety isn't something I've just self diagnosed overnight, I've lived with it for as far back as I can remember and recognise it and accept it very well now that I'm an adult

    Wasn’t trying to cause offence mate I just didn’t see the correlation at first

    It's ok mate, didn't mean to overreact, I just think anxiety and alot of mental issues such as it are so often overlooked or mistaken for something else
  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    People really need to step away from UT and dabble in the world of H2H seasons, its where I get my fifa fix, the gameplay is a lot better with a lot less douchier user group.

    The cups are available 24/7 and you can play whatever formation you want, you still get a few try hards and mechanic abusers but a lot more people just seem to want to enjoy the game and try play some decent online football.

    I actually played a few seasons matches today, I think I'll give it a try again once I've come back down from this level of anxiety ! Because you're right, it is a totally different group of users who seems to play, however, I've only played a few seasons on it so I'm only in div 7, once I sweep through the next few easy divisions I thought the mentality of people you play might change aswell ...
  • Bowden92 wrote: »
    People really need to step away from UT and dabble in the world of H2H seasons, its where I get my fifa fix, the gameplay is a lot better with a lot less douchier user group.

    The cups are available 24/7 and you can play whatever formation you want, you still get a few try hards and mechanic abusers but a lot more people just seem to want to enjoy the game and try play some decent online football.

    I actually played a few seasons matches today, I think I'll give it a try again once I've come back down from this level of anxiety ! Because you're right, it is a totally different group of users who seems to play, however, I've only played a few seasons on it so I'm only in div 7, once I sweep through the next few easy divisions I thought the mentality of people you play might change aswell ...

    Well I find the first 5 seasons quite tedious without wanting to sound like a **** its too easy.

    I remember last years werent too bad to be honest, obviously you get a few more Richards but you definitely get more enjoyable games than in UT. The UT mechanics that get abused are easier to counter on normal seasons as well mainly due to the slower pace.

    I wish they would make the UT Draft for H2H seasons instead minus the rewards etc.
  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    Bowden92 wrote: »
    People really need to step away from UT and dabble in the world of H2H seasons, its where I get my fifa fix, the gameplay is a lot better with a lot less douchier user group.

    The cups are available 24/7 and you can play whatever formation you want, you still get a few try hards and mechanic abusers but a lot more people just seem to want to enjoy the game and try play some decent online football.

    I actually played a few seasons matches today, I think I'll give it a try again once I've come back down from this level of anxiety ! Because you're right, it is a totally different group of users who seems to play, however, I've only played a few seasons on it so I'm only in div 7, once I sweep through the next few easy divisions I thought the mentality of people you play might change aswell ...

    Well I find the first 5 seasons quite tedious without wanting to sound like a **** its too easy.

    I remember last years werent too bad to be honest, obviously you get a few more Richards but you definitely get more enjoyable games than in UT. The UT mechanics that get abused are easier to counter on normal seasons as well mainly due to the slower pace.

    I wish they would make the UT Draft for H2H seasons instead minus the rewards etc.

    Ye I know what you mean man, and yes, it does feel different, I might just give online UT a total rest for now and play a few seasons and SB
  • Keano
    12707 posts Has That Special Something
    Bowden92 wrote: »
    To you guys that don't play online ... Do you play SB ? Or do you play other modes in Fifa aswell

    Know how you feel, yeah i'd say the anxiety of it makes me play worse at times, which then frustrates me or gets me really annoyed so I just do SB now. Still rewards you enough to get a decent team and when the AI scores you just have to go eh, it was always going to happen etc.
  • maksi
    6594 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2017
    Because playing WL feels like work, not getting payed for grinding all those hours drains you and you lose motivation.

    It's like that on purpose to want to buy fifa points.
  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    Keano wrote: »
    Bowden92 wrote: »
    To you guys that don't play online ... Do you play SB ? Or do you play other modes in Fifa aswell

    Know how you feel, yeah i'd say the anxiety of it makes me play worse at times, which then frustrates me or gets me really annoyed so I just do SB now. Still rewards you enough to get a decent team and when the AI scores you just have to go eh, it was always going to happen etc.

    I'm gunna try SB, definitely has to be better than online
  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    maksi wrote: »
    Because playing WL feels like work, not getting payed for grinding all those hours drains you and you lose motivation.

    It's like that on purpose to want to buy fifa points.

    I couldn't hack WL bro ! Never even attempted and never will
  • Absting159
    6667 posts Moderator
    The funny thing is this forum is slowly becoming a Fifa Players Anonymous.

    1st step to joining the program is admitting you have a problem, and its FIFA. I'm right with you though; even playing Squad Battles, it was fun because I can get Elite without much effort, but I'm starting to annoyed with the clear boosts that happen mid game. All of a sudden, you know without a double that some ricochet BS is going to lead to the AI scoring.

    I recently started trying to qualify for WL and I can't, online play is toxic and makes me want to break things. So i'm with you. I'm just playing in small amounts or until I get annoyed at all.
  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2017
    Absting159 wrote: »
    The funny thing is this forum is slowly becoming a Fifa Players Anonymous.

    1st step to joining the program is admitting you have a problem, and its FIFA. I'm right with you though; even playing Squad Battles, it was fun because I can get Elite without much effort, but I'm starting to annoyed with the clear boosts that happen mid game. All of a sudden, you know without a double that some ricochet BS is going to lead to the AI scoring.

    I recently started trying to qualify for WL and I can't, online play is toxic and makes me want to break things. So i'm with you. I'm just playing in small amounts or until I get annoyed at all.

    Ye Fifa online is really bad for triggering anxiety, but TBH in general life my anxiety is terrible right now anyway, coming up to Christmas, certain things are making me terrible generally, so I think, surely I can get the good old days where Fifa used to be enjoyable to play ! But every time I try it fails me, I need to just give up with online for a while

    The days of UT 11/12 etc are so long gone, I need to accept it, it's hard though when you're a Fifa fan !
  • Absting159
    6667 posts Moderator
    Bowden92 wrote: »
    Absting159 wrote: »
    The funny thing is this forum is slowly becoming a Fifa Players Anonymous.

    1st step to joining the program is admitting you have a problem, and its FIFA. I'm right with you though; even playing Squad Battles, it was fun because I can get Elite without much effort, but I'm starting to annoyed with the clear boosts that happen mid game. All of a sudden, you know without a double that some ricochet BS is going to lead to the AI scoring.

    I recently started trying to qualify for WL and I can't, online play is toxic and makes me want to break things. So i'm with you. I'm just playing in small amounts or until I get annoyed at all.

    Ye Fifa online is really bad for triggering anxiety, but TBH in general life my anxiety is terrible right now anyway, coming up to Christmas, certain things are making me terrible generally, so I think, surely I can get the good old days where Fifa used to be enjoyable to play ! But every time I try it fails me, I need to just give up with online for a while

    The days of UT 11/12 etc are so long gone, I need to accept it, it's hard though when you're a Fifa fan !

    Play people from the forum head to head or join forum tourneys. For me, this is so much more fun - I just wish I could commit to the tourneys more.

    You can always be a sub!
  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    Never really thought about that TBH, I bet most people on here are really good though :joy: I'd get mullered every game
  • DarthGrowler
    14199 posts Has That Special Something
    I get you mate. This is just a trading game for me now with at most 4 games at any one sitting.
Sign In or Register to comment.