The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

OT: Boy, 14, accidentally drains mum’s entire bank account playing FIFA

13

Comments

  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    Acidentally...
  • Azof
    17616 posts World Class
    that kid is taking his mum for a mug
  • Reus
    23195 posts Club Captain
    He's 14

    He knew exactly what he was doing
  • Whoman
    5978 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2017
    The woman, who did not want to be named, claims her son was unaware money was being taken out of her bank account while playing because the game doesn’t tell you it has a cost element or you are being charged.

    lol, it literally displays how much it costs and Microsoft/Sony reiterates that you are about to be charged ...

  • Jackk102
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If I ever have kids and give them gaming consoles, I am parenting/locking that **** up immediately :joy:
  • SGLT
    6315 posts Big Money Move
    What you get charged for buying Fifa points ? Lol
  • Pugzilla
    17326 posts World Class
    EA be like...

    bfe4938ad0693e2174b906ee386d1a4a.gif



  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Her fault for not having correct child settings for the account.

    His fault because he's 14 and knew completely what he was doing.

    EA's fault? Not really.
  • Libguy
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    Whoman wrote: »
    The woman, who did not want to be named, claims her son was unaware money was being taken out of her bank account while playing because the game doesn’t tell you it has a cost element or you are being charged.

    lol, it literally displays how much it costs and Microsoft/Sony reiterates that you are about to be charged ...

    Yeah, I noticed that too. It can't be any more clear that it costs money.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    "‘I had to take my son out of school after speaking to the bank so that he could go home and take everything offline as money was still going out of my account."

    What does that even mean?
  • Jackk102
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2017
    Peter wrote: »
    "‘I had to take my son out of school after speaking to the bank so that he could go home and take everything offline as money was still going out of my account."

    What does that even mean?

    Maybe she doesn’t know about payment processing time on credit cards and she’s only looking at her checkings account :sweat_smile:
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Jackk102 wrote: »
    Peter wrote: »
    "‘I had to take my son out of school after speaking to the bank so that he could go home and take everything offline as money was still going out of my account."

    What does that even mean?

    Maybe she doesn’t know about payment processing time on credit cards and she’s only looking at her checkings account

    What did she think was happening? Her son had set up bots to buy points and open packs sporadically while he was at school?
  • Libguy
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    Peter wrote: »
    Jackk102 wrote: »
    Peter wrote: »
    "‘I had to take my son out of school after speaking to the bank so that he could go home and take everything offline as money was still going out of my account."

    What does that even mean?

    Maybe she doesn’t know about payment processing time on credit cards and she’s only looking at her checkings account

    What did she think was happening? Her son had set up bots to buy points and open packs sporadically while he was at school?

    It probably means that after he told her "Mom, I had no idea I was spending money!" he sat down the next day and bought more packs.
  • Azof
    17616 posts World Class
    I really dislike people crying to the media when they give access to their debit/credit card to their children.

    The game they are playing isnt a babysitter, keep an eye on them its your job
  • EddieFicio
    22343 posts Club Captain
    That kid is full of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ lmfao
  • Libguy
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    The important question: Did he pack anything good?
  • Ryno
    6532 posts Big Money Move
    "He is so upset he is staying in bed. He is withdrawn and is blaming himself. He reckoned he has spoiled Christmas for his family."

    Thats because he did exactly that and knew what he was doing :lol:
  • kfcbucket21
    6093 posts Big Money Move
    Reus wrote: »
    He's 14

    He knew exactly what he was doing

  • SupaNoodle1990
    26457 posts Player of the Year
    That kids clearly trying to blag his way out :lol:

    His mom needs to have a word with herself.
  • Carswell
    8271 posts League Winner
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    EA be like...

    bfe4938ad0693e2174b906ee386d1a4a.gif



    :joy:
  • Jackk102
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Azof wrote: »
    that kid is taking his mum for a mug

    I just noticed your profile picture........ :joy::joy::joy: that bit was so funny

  • fluffymnuffy
    12771 posts Has That Special Something
    LOL she said it doesn't tell you that you're spending real money, do they know how to use their eyes? No reason that Sony should return the money, it was obvious that it was spent intentionally
  • hockeyphenom87
    7051 posts Big Money Move
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    EA be like...

    bfe4938ad0693e2174b906ee386d1a4a.gif



    Lmao this was perfect
  • TimRUFC
    3385 posts National Call-Up
    Ryno wrote: »
    "He is so upset he is staying in bed. He is withdrawn and is blaming himself. He reckoned he has spoiled Christmas for his family."

    Thats because he did exactly that and knew what he was doing :lol:

    He’s withdrawn and staying in bed because the little ❤️❤️❤️❤️ packed r9 :joy:
  • SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move
    The kids so upset because he spent all that money and still got ❤️❤️❤️❤️ all
  • Hornerglow
    335 posts Sunday League Hero
    Jesus, I would take everything off him until he got straight As and is old enough to earn his own money. Like wtf ... come on man, children nowadays are just built to get beat up. Fuchs up his mothers whole bank account and act like he didn’t know what he was doing. If she‘d take everything off him now he would probably cry his eyes out because he didn’t do anything wrong.
    In Germany we have the ‚law‘ ignorantia legis non excusat which translates to stupidity doesn’t protect from punishment. I don’t know if there is sth similar in the US but this little c*** clearly has to get punished.
    I‘m way more pissed than I should be lmao
  • Wonderfulwest
    4979 posts Big Money Move
    My mates 11 year old little brother did this last year, spent around 2 grand over the course of a few months on his mums credit card. He got his PS4 taken away and sold and was grounded for a month. Got of lightly if you ask me I’d beat his thieving ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and make him pay it back
  • Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something
    My mates 11 year old little brother did this last year, spent around 2 grand over the course of a few months on his mums credit card. He got his PS4 taken away and sold and was grounded for a month. Got of lightly if you ask me I’d beat his thieving **** and make him pay it back

    You'd beat an 11 year old?
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    I might go HAM at TOTY and then blame a fictitious family relative, see if I can get a refund.
  • futureyears
    1287 posts Professional
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    I might go HAM at TOTY and then blame a fictitious family relative, see if I can get a refund.

    Reckon I could blame it on my 18month old son?
Sign In or Register to comment.