How do you defend?

AaronMFC
2611 posts Fans' Favourite
Im beyond stumped every weekend league i score at least 2 yet have lost most this weekend the last game was a fantastic example 2-0 up half time opponent had had one shot end up losing 5-2. He scored a screamer to make it 2-1 then my defence collapsed every time i concede 1 my defence just breaks down and does everything wrong. How do people get clean sheets. My defences tackles go to the opponent most the time they dont ever stand in good positions to intercept through balls i can only control one defender obviously im making mistakes but the way my defence opens up is ridiculous. Any tips id happily lose 1-0 instead of winning 6-5 at this point.

Comments

• anakintommy
    518 posts An Exciting Prospect
    When you're 1-0 up, go defensive,
    2-0 up, go defensive, change formation to either 4-2-3-1 (flat) or 4-1-4-1

Bring on fast wingers to help you counter attack. Lower pressure to 30 in custom tactics and play on the counter attack. Try keep the ball and play through the wings
  • Ash Ketchum
    919 posts Professional
    Amazing Facts About the Rat

Rats take care of injured and sick rats in their group.
    Without companionship rats tend to become lonely and depressed.
    Rats have excellent memories. ...
    When happy, rats have been observed to chatter or grind their teeth. ...
    Rats make happy “laughter” sounds when they play.
  • Zhyquron
    2100 posts Fans' Favourite

Wtf did I just read
  • Sirin
    2527 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2017

Have you been studying Rattata, Ash?
  • Stickybelly
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don’t. I just outscore my opponent more often than not :trollface:
  • Zhyquron
    2100 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have played 15 games this WL, 8 clean sheets and 5 games only 1 goal against. I play 4-2-3-1. I have put shadow on 6 defensive players (4 backs and Nainggolan and Kante). I never use the 2nd man press, because they can come from anywhere and this means that in other parts of the field you miss a player. Defend with LT/L2, only use a tackle if you're almost certain to intercept or if you have enough players behind the ball who can defend if your tackle fails. I use PTB after every goal I score, because I conceded more goals after kick off. After I have obtained the ball again, I go back to balanced. Hope this helps!
  • Grifan
    1839 posts Fans' Favourite
    Zhyquron wrote: »
    I have played 15 games this WL, 8 clean sheets and 5 games only 1 goal against. I play 4-2-3-1. I have put shadow on 6 defensive players (4 backs and Nainggolan and Kante). I never use the 2nd man press, because they can come from anywhere and this means that in other parts of the field you miss a player. Defend with LT/L2, only use a tackle if you're almost certain to intercept or if you have enough players behind the ball who can defend if your tackle fails. I use PTB after every goal I score, because I conceded more goals after kick off. After I have obtained the ball again, I go back to balanced. Hope this helps!
    It’s actually sad to see some one write that because it shows a lot wrong with the game in my opinion, btw I’m not saying ur in the wrong or ur this or that I just hate fifas defending system so I’m by no mean having a go, good luck with ur wl.
  • AaronMFC
    2611 posts Fans' Favourite
    Zhyquron wrote: »

Cheers im playing ultra defensive for a while on wl until i can defend i mean i have won games 6-5 and hated every second of the match.
  • Wi1son73
    3928 posts National Call-Up
    When you're 1-0 up, go defensive,
    2-0 up, go defensive, change formation to either 4-2-3-1 (flat) or 4-1-4-1

Bring on fast wingers to help you counter attack. Lower pressure to 30 in custom tactics and play on the counter attack. Try keep the ball and play through the wings

Attack is the best defence, score more goals than them..

If tried all that ..!! Doesn’t work!! I keep attacking, very rarely change formations, always check to see who is giving their all and who is being a lazy fook, so I sub him..

I’ve had games where you’re strolling and all of a sudden bang you’re opponent gets a goal from nothing, Then you’re struggling to do anything as he has the momentum.. you won’t realise it but you can start to be a bit harsher with you’re controller because you start to tense up, mind becomes filled with rage, so that effects how you are playing..

Prime example Liverpool versus AC Milan champ league final, 3-0 to Milan halftime.
    Liverpool get a goal and it’s all down hill for Milan.. Liverpool go and win the champions league cup..