POTM Salah

SkeltonTom
287 posts Sunday League Hero
Really tempted to buy POTM Salah, so I decided to to do the loan SBC... and I’ve played 1 game with so far, won 4-0 & he scored all 4. Fair to say he’s very, very good.

However, his weak foot is horrific, 2 Star, he literally can’t shoot with his right foot, but his left foot is prolific.

I see it’s about 350k to complete it, so I think I’m going to go for it, what’s everyones thoughts?

Comments

• GoodnightIrene
    2839 posts Fans' Favourite
    That 2* WF is just too poor for me to do it. If it was 3* I'd be very tempted, just can't get pat that 2*.
  • BiigDee
    2931 posts National Call-Up
    I've done him but not tried him yet. Are you playing him on the left or right?
  • eddopoolfc
    237 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    BiigDee wrote: »
    I've done him but not tried him yet. Are you playing him on the left or right?

I'd play him in behind the striker in the 4411 formation. Need to use that pace.

• number7rocky
    2436 posts Fans' Favourite
    He looks incredible with a finisher chem style. 2 star weak foot is a killer though. Need that 4 star
  • maximilson
    426 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2017
    Just made myself a free sbc B) Out of one of the jumbo packs ...

YMugAl.png
  • Tommygunn
    2198 posts Fans' Favourite
    Oooft nice pull. Worth your while anyway
  • Tboon
    1446 posts Play-Off Hero
    maximilson wrote: »
    Just made myself a free sbc B) Out of one of the jumbo packs ...

YMugAl.png

Nice! Congrats!

Hopefully I will get also an icon in packs some day
  • CeeQue
    8017 posts League Winner
    People will always complain about a player be it Stam/Phys/Pace/Skills/WF. Cost me less than his Hero version so was a no brainer for me.
  • Ace_Calhoune
    824 posts Professional
    He’s class, banged a couple with his weak foot already, not as bad as you might think. His pace, agility and postioning is unreal. Very good finisher despite the low composure
  • Mini_Miudo
    7751 posts League Winner
    He's amazing. His right foot hasn't even been that bad for me so far!
  • abandonshipdb1
    712 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Strange. I used his otw since release and he scores on his weak foot all the time.
  • Jordo990
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think he gets pushed of ball to much hopefully I get to grips with him soon and can get the best out of him but At this point I am wishing I never done him .... but packed IF son out of his packs sooo....
  • maximilson
    So far I played 7 WL games with him in a 2 ST formation and he is scoring loads for me. 13 goals and 7 assists is his tally. In front of goal he doesn't seems like he has 2* WF at all and his finesse shots are godlike. The only problem with him is that, as mentioned above, that he is too weak.
  • SkeltonTom
    Yeah I’m going to finish his loan card out, then going to make the purchase I think! He’s awesome in 4-3-3 playing on the counter attack
  • IxToMxI
    3654 posts National Call-Up
    Playing him LCAM in 4231 narrow, unsure on him currently
  • KKTHX
    1101 posts Professional
    Hes working miracles as a supersub for me. A true gamechanger
  • BrieMine
    5501 posts Big Money Move
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    He's amazing. His right foot hasn't even been that bad for me so far!
  • SkeltonTom
    Thoughts now you’ve had the weekend to use him?
  • M_Baller_15
    643 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Jan 28th is my prediction he gets a better card
  • SkeltonTom
    SkeltonTom wrote: »

• Mini_Miudo
    7751 posts League Winner

Beast
  • BiigDee
    2931 posts National Call-Up
    Any of you that have him as ST what instructions are you placing on him? Using him with Hernandez but both are very slow and stale in attack
  • Nick90
    76 posts Park Captain
    If he gets a clear shot on goal with his left its a goal finishing is deadly
  • maximilson
    Played WL with him but only 16 games and my previous opinion didnt change. 24 goals and 13 assists. He's a beast but just a bit weak. Doesnt have a weak foot.
  • King_Boontai
    2003 posts Fans' Favourite
    Game changer
  • Damo_Suzuki
    1169 posts Professional
    Played against him a few times in the weekend league. He was really easy to muscle off the ball with centre backs and it was funny forcing them to shoot with his weak foot.That being said, a card is only as good as the people who were using him. And i like the OTW at rf. Personally i would regret spending 350k for him at ST with the physical weakness and weak foot.
  • Icardi9
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    What I think it all comes down to is how you like to play. If you basically just wanna win no matter the cost. There is properly better alternatives. But if you like to drible alot, weaving in and out i think hes alot of fun. Like i have bale who is really good in this meta, but actually enjoying salah more just dribling and he is still effective. But i also never had problems with WR. Used Yarlomenko for a long time. Think you just need to pair him with some who can shoot with both feets. Besides that you should pick players who like in irl. Makes the game much more fun. Like i have this german team which plays good but i have no relation to any of the players which makes its really boring to play with in the long run.
  • barnesyL0511
    237 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2017
    Surely Salah will be getting a bump up in winter upgrades, and if so this Salah will go up to a 90 rated card (if NIF from 83->85), plus with a likely weak foot upgrade?? Then this card starts to look like a bargain no? Could end up being 4*/3* or even 4*/4* but with 97 pace, better shooting, better dribbling - will be ridiculous!
  • KKTHX
    1101 posts Professional
    Brilliant to be fair, used the LOAN player during WL. Decided to go and finish the SBC just now. Atleast won me 5-6 games in the late 70th minute. Amazing runs and with a finisher chem you simply cannot go wrong.
    Suits perfect with my previous POTM Mane.
    Sub them both on at 70 and they are taring everything apart.
  • maximilson
    Apparently his WF would get an upgrade aswell ...