Investors need to be careful and clever.

SPAMPEBS
4066 posts National Call-Up
It's just occurred to me that EA might be really nasty with futmas.... I can see them doing 1 of 2 things....

1- not doing futmas sbc's and just doing a futmas team in packs like screams etc...and pack offers because let's face it.... That's a money maker and we will buy packs.

2- with the amount of us investing in 83s and 84s in particular, and the demand already on informs especially now with salah. They are already extremely expensive, this means to price a relatively low demand futmas sbc card at a non ridiculous price. They may have to lower squad rating to 82 or lower and maybe utilise the trash bag gold informs.... And they are near discard! So even if you don't have the space on your transfer list.... I strongly recommend you have a healthy supply of 82s and lower rated 80 players. And some of the 70s gold informs.

We need to start investing, expecting the unexpected. And if you can do that with discard priced cards. You can't lose.

Comments

• Sirin
    2527 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have a strong feeling all the 83/84 investors will get screwed over hard. EA has been doing that as well during BF and they seem to grab ever opportunity to shaft us. So many people investing in the same type of cards usually end very bad.
  • SPAMPEBS
    Sirin wrote: »
    I have a strong feeling all the 83/84 investors will get screwed over hard. EA has been doing that as well during BF and they seem to grab ever opportunity to shaft us. So many people investing in the same type of cards usually end very bad.

I think they are gonna make the squads all 82 rated or something... Which is good overall. But bad for us investors.
  • Gorda
    3892 posts National Call-Up
    SPAMPEBS wrote: »

I think they are gonna make the squads all 82 rated or something... Which is good overall. But bad for us investors.
    83:s and 84:s Will be needed. They need People to get value from packs they buy and best way is to require high rated squads. I Know they try screw investors but 83:s and 84:s are safe investments.
  • SPAMPEBS
    Gorda wrote: »
    SPAMPEBS wrote: »

83:s and 84:s Will be needed. They need People to get value from packs they buy and best way is to require high rated squads. I Know they try screw investors but 83:s and 84:s are safe investments.

Yeah they are safe... Depends what you bought them for.

I think we could see 82s and low rated gold informs be needed. I think now is a good time to stock up on them.
  • GrinWithoutaKat
    1147 posts Professional
    I'd normally agree that EA would do whatever they can do screw investors, but the 83/84 for SBCs are done to keep the market afloat. People will buy less packs if they know the best card they'll likely get in a 125k pack is an 83 who's worth 500 coins. If they don't do anything to screw investors, they'll screw the market and themselves far worse.
  • Investors :D:D:D
  • Worble
    1841 posts Play-Off Hero
    They don't care about investors nearly as much as they care about keeping the market heated and the game is really low on buzz.

If they risk making FUTMAS lackluster for the sake of stopping 0.1% of people making money then that kills off the game entirely.

Same happened last year, we were all down in the dumps and then FUTMAS pulled it out of the bag.

They may do something a bit different but TOTW packs will still be out and they'll follow a similar formula as before
  • JohnMoore
    302 posts Sunday League Hero
    Worble wrote: »
    They don't care about investors nearly as much as they care about keeping the market heated and the game is really low on buzz.

If they risk making FUTMAS lackluster for the sake of stopping 0.1% of people making money then that kills off the game entirely.

Same happened last year, we were all down in the dumps and then FUTMAS pulled it out of the bag.

They may do something a bit different but TOTW packs will still be out and they'll follow a similar formula as before

You seem clever haha, do you think they will release FUTMAS SBCs like last year?
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    Selling half my 84s for 2-3k profit. Will save the rest.
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is that you Jim Cramer?
  • Choepiechakie
    33891 posts National Team Captain

Same :D but then ill keep them untik feb, no problem
  • Leo19942
    167 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Is there an argument for so many people investing in the same cards means they won't rise because they all will try and sell then undercut?
  • Futfanatic
    15926 posts World Class
    Leo19942 wrote: »

Is there an argument for so many people investing in the same cards means they won't rise because they all will try and sell then undercut?

Depends on the sbc's. Last time the reward was so appealing that it did not matter how many people invested.
  • darkhan
    315 posts Sunday League Hero
    idc we already made the easy coins
  • MillsOnWheels
    666 posts An Exciting Prospect
    ***warning*** price of investments may go up or down over time.

There you go, no need to worry, that should cover you all. I mean it works for companies in the real world. Right???

• Futfanatic
    15926 posts World Class
    ***warning*** price of investments may go up or down over time.

There you go, no need to worry, that should cover you all. I mean it works for companies in the real world. Right???

Price? You mean value.
  • ItsWideRight
    1085 posts Professional
    Just keep holding them you won't lose coins, you can even sale 83's now for a small profit compared to what they cost last week if desperate.
  • Futfanatic
    15926 posts World Class
    Thank you @SPAMPEBS. I will stop being reckless and stupid now.
  • richo27 wrote: »
    Selling half my 84s for 2-3k profit. Will save the rest.
    same B)
  • SPAMPEBS
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Thank you @SPAMPEBS. I will stop being reckless and stupid now.

Tbf everybody told you lol but I admire your balls to risk it
  • SSL14
    656 posts An Exciting Prospect
    But when you're investing in 84's at the rate between 2500-3600, you can't lose. In the worst case scenario you'll break even or make a slight profit.

• Nervous_Nick
    6716 posts Big Money Move
    I already sold my 84s. Bought for 2500-2800, sold for 6500...they could raise but i'm not greedy.
  • I already sold my 84s. Bought for 2500-2800, sold for 6500...they could raise but i'm not greedy.

no way yoi sold them already, are people that stupid to pay extra? mine are up for bin at 6k and not selling any...
  • MxM15
    841 posts Semi-Pro
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️ investors. Nice job EA.
  • Andy1980 wrote: »
    **** investors. Nice job EA.

just wait
  • Nervous_Nick
    6716 posts Big Money Move
    blackerLVP wrote: »
    I already sold my 84s. Bought for 2500-2800, sold for 6500...they could raise but i'm not greedy.

no way yoi sold them already, are people that stupid to pay extra? mine are up for bin at 6k and not selling any...

oh yeah man, i sold 40xstrootman and 25xmanolas at 6.5k about 3 hours ago....thanks to Salah POTM.
    Still haven't sold my draxlers and icardis

• VolvoErvv
    58 posts Park Captain
    Already sold majority of my 83s for roughly 2.5k profit per card.. If any SBCs do come up all it means more undercutting IMO, so sell now
  • Sirin wrote: »

How were 83/84 investors screwed during Black Friday? I made at least one million on those cards...
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    The gold upgrade + for the main leagues at Black Friday was a great way for EA to get people to trade in cards. This alongside promotion packs will mean everything is going to be very similar to Black Friday with the one main thing being very clear... EA making bucket loads of cash
  • Worble
    1841 posts Play-Off Hero
    JohnMoore wrote: »
    Worble wrote: »

You seem clever haha, do you think they will release FUTMAS SBCs like last year?

Haha thanks, i get it wrong a lot too though, just educated guesses at best.

They've set the tone a few times by having a team and then bonus players. They did PTG with some bonus SBC only players.

My bet would be worst case scenario we see SBC only special cards with TOTW packs OR a FUTMAS team with extra special SBC only cards to add to the team.

If they put a team in packs then they'll make money... add a few special popular players as SBC only then that keeps the market heated so those special cards are even *more* desirable.

There are other answers of course but I quite like that one from a marketing point of view. The daily SBC players keep people coming back.