OT: Can anyone explain to me how I solve this math exercise?

Santiago
21486 posts Club Captain
t2hX8kM.jpg

I am not sure how to start really.
I know [(sin(x))/x] = 1 right?
So do I just put them on the same fraction so I can divide the sin(x) with the x to remove the sin(x)? :D

I am struggling with this.

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    69085 posts Moderator
    Oo04a.gif
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Oo04a.gif

:joy:
  • Enguin
    11153 posts Has That Special Something
    I know that I used to know how to do this. Ask me 3 years ago and I'll be able to help.
  • SadioMan
    1516 posts Play-Off Hero
    Is this Calc? Struggling through this right now but some of the stuff looks different.
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    I'm so glad I'm done with calc forever :D did this two years ago or would of been able to help, can't remember a thing now
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    SadioMan wrote: »
    Is this Calc? Struggling through this right now but some of the stuff looks different.

Yeah I think so. Not sure what the English terms are tbf. But it is proper hard. Atleast for me :joy:
  • Muzza11
    8249 posts League Winner
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    That is not quick maths.
  • Olleman
    12553 posts Has That Special Something
    Painter753 wrote: »
    I'm so glad I'm done with calc forever :D did this two years ago or would of been able to help, can't remember a thing now

Haha, same for me. Countless of problems just like this to solve. Love it :joy:

Don't remember if L'hospitals rule applies with this or if it only applies when it's devided by something :P
  • Koll
    1447 posts Professional
    Is the (x^2+2)/x the power of 1+sinx?
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    Koll wrote: »

Actually yes. So my method won't work. Makes it even more unclear what I have to do.
  • Orison
    47057 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Santiago wrote: »

Actually yes. So my method won't work. Makes it even more unclear what I have to do.

Use the internet. It says the answer is e^2 :#
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    edited December 2017
    Orison wrote: »

Well yeah but I have to know how they get to the answer. :D

Or do you have a calculator that gives you the steps?
  • Orison
    edited December 2017

By doing quick maths. Having the answer is always better than struggling with the way to get there :trollface:
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain

By doing quick maths. Having the answer is always better than struggling with the way to get there :trollface:

I wish my prof thought the same way.
  • Koll
    1447 posts Professional
    If it helps you can split up the limit into two different limits:limit of (1+sinx)^x multiplied by limit of (1+sinx)^(2/x). Solve for the first one, and you'll get 1^0 = 1, so we know that the limit of (1+sinx)^(2/x) as x -> 0 is the same as the original question.
  • Koll
    1447 posts Professional
    And these are the steps I got online by using lim x->0 (1+sinx)^(2/x):

LdgrKnK.png

It seems easy once you know how to do it, haha.
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    Cheers @Koll that really helps :+1:
  • Orison

What do you mean "it helps"? He just solved that **** step by step and you just gotta copy it, you don't need help anymore after that :trollface:
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain

What do you mean "it helps"? He just solved that **** step by step and you just gotta copy it, you don't need help anymore after that :trollface:

Nah it is not a task. I am studying for the exams :D
  • Koll
    1447 posts Professional

Good luck dude. I just did my Calculus 1 exam on Saturday, and thank God that's over. No more math for me ever again :D
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain

Good luck dude. I just did my Calculus 1 exam on Saturday, and thank God that's over. No more math for me ever again :D

Thanks man, I'll need it :D
  • Mousinho
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The right answer is 1
  • ORANGEeffect05
    19916 posts World Class
    So happy be done with all my calc courses :joy: : had to re-learn some uni stuff for a professional exam a couple years back and that was torture.
  • EddieFicio
    20983 posts Club Captain
    This gives me vietnam style flashbacks
  • Nehemiah
    627 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Im in that same boat, calculus is a serious struggle. Thank goodness my teacher grades based on the ap scale. I.e. If you get 67% on a test you can correct that up to an a bc that would be a 5 on the ap scale, and if you get a 5 you get an a. So my last test I got a 57% but still end up with a 91% on the section. The system is very nice.
  • Jackk102
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2017
    t2hX8kM.jpg

So do I just put them on the same fraction so I can divide the sin(x) with the x to remove the sin(x)? :D

Holy **** I swear I got a problem almost exactly like that on my calc 2 final exam last semester, but instead of sin(x) it was log(x). I'm so glad I'm done calc but now I'm in discrete mathematics which is all theories and proofs, which just so happens to be the only thing in math I really suck at
  • Sercs
    18582 posts World Class
    I learnt that at some point I think, only problem is my brain threw it out someway along the line, your on your own :D
  • Daveofwales01
    8341 posts League Winner
    If only the questions were based on calculating tax in fifa :D
  • MyAccount
    1383 posts Professional
    Jackk102 wrote: »
    t2hX8kM.jpg

Holy **** I swear I got a problem almost exactly like that on my calc 2 final exam last semester, but instead of sin(x) it was log(x). I'm so glad I'm done calc but now I'm in discrete mathematics which is all theories and proofs, which just so happens to be the only thing in math I really suck at
    If you thought calc 2 was hard, stay far away from calc 3. I thought integrals were pretty straight forward until they started using equations as the bounds...