Anyone else not like Bale at ST?

All the pros use him at left ST with Ronaldo. He does score quite a bit for me but he turns like a truck and seems clunky overall.

Comments

• QuinnUK87
    2036 posts Fans' Favourite
    Top 3 ST's on the game for me. Bangs goals in for fun.
  • Memati
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    For me he is on the same Level with Cr7
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sonnyfilth wrote: »
    He's amazing at what he does.

And what he does is perfect for scoring goals/creating chances for your other ST.

He doesn't turn like Messi with the ball at feet but that's not what you have Bale for

I wouldn't trade him for another forward to pair with my CR7 in the game outside R9, maybe prime Henry but probs not, especially not for the coins.
    Fair enough. I have had success with him and he does score a lot but wondering if there is a better option from RW like maybe MBappe.
  • Metalfly
    991 posts Professional
    edited December 2017
    If you want quick agile finishers from RW then get Hero Messi and switch him to ST.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • sonnyfilth wrote: »
    sonnyfilth wrote: »

And what he does is perfect for scoring goals/creating chances for your other ST.

He doesn't turn like Messi with the ball at feet but that's not what you have Bale for

I wouldn't trade him for another forward to pair with my CR7 in the game outside R9, maybe prime Henry but probs not, especially not for the coins.
    Fair enough. I have had success with him and he does score a lot but wondering if there is a better option from RW like maybe MBappe.

I dunno how much I'd like him on RW.

When I play draft with wide players I need them to be a little more better running with the ball/dribbling.

Can understand how you'd have some issues with him there, as he's way more suited to being a Striker, but I'd still probs take him over most RW options outside of Messi and maybe some special cards (haven't tried enough to remember which I'd use over him)

I do switch him to ST in game. I was toying with the idea of Messi instead but he’s just too short and weak.
  • cawbrey2
    633 posts An Exciting Prospect

When I play draft with wide players I need them to be a little more better running with the ball/dribbling.

Can understand how you'd have some issues with him there, as he's way more suited to being a Striker, but I'd still probs take him over most RW options outside of Messi and maybe some special cards (haven't tried enough to remember which I'd use over him)

I do switch him to ST in game. I was toying with the idea of Messi instead but he’s just too short and weak.

his medum workrate kills his card
  • nope123
    1369 posts Professional
    Was garbage for me
  • Metalfly
    991 posts Professional

Messi as ST is amazing, yes he doesn’t have high strength but due to his high balance he’s actually much harder to push off the ball compared to CR7 and Bale. He is basically a better version of Jesus while dribbling with better finishing.

He won't win headers but what he offers is great passing and vision from a striker, he will create so many chances for you up top compared to anyone else. He leads both scoring and assist for the games he's played on my team, I've tried loads of others the likes of ADP, Neymar, CR7, Bale etc. but nobody is as good as Messi when you consider both goals and assist for a striker.
  • Metalfly wrote: »

Messi as ST is amazing, yes he doesn’t have high strength but due to his high balance he’s actually much harder to push off the ball compared to CR7 and Bale. He is basically a better version of Jesus while dribbling with better finishing.

He won't win headers but what he offers is great passing and vision from a striker, he will create so many chances for you up top compared to anyone else. He leads both scoring and assist for the games he's played on my team, I've tried loads of others the likes of ADP, Neymar, CR7, Bale etc. but nobody is as good as Messi when you consider both goals and assist for a striker.
    I might give it a shot but Messi strikes me as a natural Cam in every way. You want the ball at his feet as much as possible.
  • Metalfly
    991 posts Professional
    Metalfly wrote: »

I might give it a shot but Messi strikes me as a natural Cam in every way. You want the ball at his feet as much as possible.

Yup definitely, I wouldn't use him as a lone striker, but in a two striker formation he seem to get lots of the ball and his passing is very on point for what little space he will find. Much better than anyone else I've used there apart from maybe ADP, who just gets shoved off the ball too easily.
  • CfcBlue
    3808 posts National Call-Up
    Bale is great. Better than Messi in this game. I had him paired with suarez fun times.
  • Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    Bit off topic, but what do you guys think is better, bale and ronaldo, or bale, suarez, messi plus spending 500k in midfield?
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • Daniel119614
    356 posts Sunday League Hero
    Messi is good but he so weak, he falls down every time a defender by him
  • PapaJay
    527 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I dont like bale at st, but i havent had him in fifa 18 ,i only played against him, he can be a handful if you know how to use him
  • Fifaplayer8188
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I don't like bale at this game. I've not used him but when I come up against him he always tears my defence apart. There is litteraly not a single thing that I can do
  • truegunn3r
    8840 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2017
    No not all pros use him because he offers only one thing, pace. Otherwise there is Suarez, Ronaldo and Messi who are better strikers.
  • CfcBlue
    3808 posts National Call-Up
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    No not all pros use him because he offers only one thing, pace. Otherwise there is Suarez, Ronaldo and Messi who are better strikers.

Bale finishes everything. His left foot is lethal and his strength with speed is pretty unmatched. Most pros use him and the pairing of cr7 and bale is a must for top teams. To say he just offers pace is really blasphemy.
  • truegunn3r
    8840 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2017
    CfcBlue wrote: »

Bale finishes everything. His left foot is lethal and his strength with speed is pretty unmatched. Most pros use him and the pairing of cr7 and bale is a must for top teams. To say he just offers pace is really blasphemy.

Most Pros use ADP, Suarez, Henry, CR7, and R9 upfront.

Name me three pros who use him as striker
  • Purplejacket
    2539 posts Fans' Favourite
    CfcBlue wrote: »

Most Pros use ADP, Suarez, Henry, CR7, and R9 upfront.

Name me three pros who use him as striker

They all have they just moved on bc they have coins, i can name 3 youtubers in top 100 that still does.
  • Nony
    423 posts Sunday League Hero
    Too clunky and 3* wf is a no no for me. Tried him 2-3 times so far, much prefer Messi or TOTGS Mbappe.