The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Traitgate fixed?

jakobpedro
789 posts Semi-Pro
edited December 2017
I was starting up my game today to check the traits of my SBC icons and other special cards online and offline. To my surprise they all had the traits online and offline, so it seems like traitgate has been fixed. I do not own any of the SBC league players, but I do own SBC Rui Costa and SBC Del Piero, as well as 87 Crespo bought of the marked and TOTGS Casemiro, Ter Stegen and Ben Yedder.

I did notice some visual differences from the database though:
  • In the database there are both "Chip Shot" and "Shooting - Chip Shop" traits. One of them is supposed to be "Outside Foot Shot". Quaresma is listed with "Chip Shop" in the database, but he has the "Outside Foot Shot" in game. Luis Hernanez has both "Chip Shot" traits, in game he has both "Chip Shop" and "Outside Foot Shot".
  • In the database there is a "Playmaker" trait. This doesn't show up in game, it's the case for every card not only special cards. Same goes for "Dives Into Tackles", probably a few more. Doesn't seem like they exist anymore.
  • Both Prime Del Piero and POTY Reginiussen has "Leadership" and "Ultimate Professional" traits in the database, but these are replaced with "Team Player" in game. This is the case for other (NIF) players as well and seems to be a a bug/wrong listing in the database.
  • "Corner Specialist" in the database is replaced with "Set Play Specialist" in game.
  • "Saves With Feet" and "Comes For Crosses" doesn't show in the database, my TOTGS Ter Stegen have those traits. "Sweeper Keeper" in the database has been replaced with "Rushes Out Of Goal". Think there are a couple of other differences with GK traits as well.
  • Players with a low rated NIF doesn't have the specialities they are supposed to have listed in game online. This has been the case since at least FIFA 17 and I believe this is purely visual. They are linked to the players in game stats. My POTY Reginiussen is supposed to have the "Strength" speciality since he has 90+ strength IG, but the NIF doesn't have 90+ strength so it doesn't show up in game.

The most obvious evidence for traitgate was SBC Prime Roberto Carlos missing the "Power Free-Kick" trait and not having his iconic run-up that this trait is supposed to give. His other versions had it. Can anyone with SBC Prime Roberto Carlos check if this has been fixed as well now? P

Edit: Seems like SBC Promes have the run-up (he has the trait), so it seems like the problem is with Prime Roberto Carlos only.

I know @EA_Andy said they were looking into the missing traits of SBC players earlier. Can you confirm if this has been fixed now?
Post edited by jakobpedro on

Comments

  • SPAMPEBS
    3965 posts National Call-Up
    Won't be home for 8 hours or so to check my Carlos power free kick. Still expect it to be missing tbh.
  • SPAMPEBS wrote: »
    Won't be home for 8 hours or so to check my Carlos power free kick. Still expect it to be missing tbh.
    At least all the traits are listed now. I'm pretty sure some of them weren't listed earlier?
  • SPAMPEBS
    3965 posts National Call-Up
    jakobpedro wrote: »
    SPAMPEBS wrote: »
    Won't be home for 8 hours or so to check my Carlos power free kick. Still expect it to be missing tbh.
    At least all the traits are listed now. I'm pretty sure some of them weren't listed earlier?

    That was fixed for me a week back or so actually having them listed. As originally Carlos didn't even have his free kick trait listed. Now he does but I'm still taking sideways on free kicks with him. Can't hit then anything like the 88
  • SPAMPEBS wrote: »
    jakobpedro wrote: »
    SPAMPEBS wrote: »
    Won't be home for 8 hours or so to check my Carlos power free kick. Still expect it to be missing tbh.
    At least all the traits are listed now. I'm pretty sure some of them weren't listed earlier?

    That was fixed for me a week back or so actually having them listed. As originally Carlos didn't even have his free kick trait listed. Now he does but I'm still taking sideways on free kicks with him. Can't hit then anything like the 88
    So it's hard to tell if it's all SBC players missing traits or just a problem with Prime Roberto Carlos or "Power Free Kick" in general. My Prime ADP has mental finesse shots, so I don't think he's missing that trait.
  • Lokomorroco
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    SPAMPEBS wrote: »
    Won't be home for 8 hours or so to check my Carlos power free kick. Still expect it to be missing tbh.
    SPAMPEBS wrote: »
    Won't be home for 8 hours or so to check my Carlos power free kick. Still expect it to be missing tbh.
    SPAMPEBS wrote: »
    Won't be home for 8 hours or so to check my Carlos power free kick. Still expect it to be missing tbh.
    SPAMPEBS wrote: »
    Won't be home for 8 hours or so to check my Carlos power free kick. Still expect it to be missing tbh.

    Same here. I checked last night And Roberto carlos Still didnt have that Unique Long 10ft distance run up from the ball. Just stands 40 degress to the right about 5ft away. Hopefully its fixed. I did contact EA about this
  • So as far as we know this problem could be just related to Prime Roberto Carlos now? There are two other SBC players with the "Power Free Kick" trait. It's SBC Al Soma and SBC Promes. Can owners of those card please confirm if they have the long 10ft distance run up free kicks?
  • semia172
    2187 posts Fans' Favourite
    jakobpedro wrote: »
    So as far as we know this problem could be just related to Prime Roberto Carlos now? There are two other SBC players with the "Power Free Kick" trait. It's SBC Al Soma and SBC Promes. Can owners of those card please confirm if they have the long 10ft distance run up free kicks?

    Promes has, don't own al soma
  • semia172 wrote: »
    jakobpedro wrote: »
    So as far as we know this problem could be just related to Prime Roberto Carlos now? There are two other SBC players with the "Power Free Kick" trait. It's SBC Al Soma and SBC Promes. Can owners of those card please confirm if they have the long 10ft distance run up free kicks?

    Promes has, don't own al soma
    So I guess that kind of proves that SBC players do have traits. Seems like it's currently just an issue with Prime Roberto Carlos then.
  • SPAMPEBS
    3965 posts National Call-Up
    semia172 wrote: »
    jakobpedro wrote: »
    So as far as we know this problem could be just related to Prime Roberto Carlos now? There are two other SBC players with the "Power Free Kick" trait. It's SBC Al Soma and SBC Promes. Can owners of those card please confirm if they have the long 10ft distance run up free kicks?

    Promes has, don't own al soma

    He actually takes the long run up yes?
  • semia172
    2187 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yup he does
  • Lokomorroco
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    jakobpedro wrote: »
    I was starting up my game today to check the traits of my SBC icons and other special cards online and offline. To my surprise they all had the traits online and offline, so it seems like traitgate has been fixed. I do not own any of the SBC league players, but I do own SBC Rui Costa and SBC Del Piero, as well as 87 Crespo bought of the marked and TOTGS Casemiro, Ter Stegen and Ben Yedder.

    I did notice some visual differences from the database though:
    • In the database there are both "Chip Shot" and "Shooting - Chip Shop" traits. One of them is supposed to be "Outside Foot Shot". Quaresma is listed with "Chip Shop" in the database, but he has the "Outside Foot Shot" in game. Luis Hernanez has both "Chip Shot" traits, in game he has both "Chip Shop" and "Outside Foot Shot".
    • In the database there is a "Playmaker" trait. In game this is a speciality rather than a trait. Rui Costa has the "Playmaker" trait in the database, but no "Playmaker" speciality. In game he has "Playmaker" as a speciality, not as a trait. This is the case for other (NIF) players as well.
    • Both Prime Del Piero and POTY Reginiussen has "Leadership" and "Ultimate Professional" traits in the database, but these are replaced with "Team Player" in game. This is the case for other (NIF) players as well and seems to be a a bug/wrong listing in the database.
    • "Corner Specialist" in the database is replaced with "Set Play Specialist" in game.
    • Players with a low rated NIF doesn't have the specialities they are supposed to have listed in game online. This has been the case since at least FIFA 17 and I believe this is purely visual. They are linked to the players in game stats. My POTY Reginiussen is supposed to have the "Strength" speciality since he has 90+ strength IG, but the NIF doesn't have 90+ strength so it doesn't show up in game.

    The most obvious evidence for traitgate was SBC Prime Roberto Carlos missing the "Power Free-Kick" trait and not having his iconic run-up that this trait is supposed to give. His other versions had it. Can anyone with SBC Prime Roberto Carlos check if this has been fixed as well now? Please check other SBC Prime players online too.

    For those with SBC players, here are the traits of NIF Promes and NIF Quaresma. Would appreciate if someone could check the traits of these players (SBC version) online in DKT or FUT Champs:
    • Promes: "Power Free-Kick", "Flair", "Long Shot Taker", "Technical Dribbler"
    • Quaresma: "Flair", "Long Shot Taker", "Outside Foot Shot", "Technical Dribbler"

    I know @EA_Andy said they were looking into the missing traits of SBC players earlier. Can you confirm if this has been fixed now?

    I will try again after work With carlos but as of 8:30pm last night UK time he still Wasnt Taking that Specific Free kick.
  • jakobpedro wrote: »
    I was starting up my game today to check the traits of my SBC icons and other special cards online and offline. To my surprise they all had the traits online and offline, so it seems like traitgate has been fixed. I do not own any of the SBC league players, but I do own SBC Rui Costa and SBC Del Piero, as well as 87 Crespo bought of the marked and TOTGS Casemiro, Ter Stegen and Ben Yedder.

    I did notice some visual differences from the database though:
    • In the database there are both "Chip Shot" and "Shooting - Chip Shop" traits. One of them is supposed to be "Outside Foot Shot". Quaresma is listed with "Chip Shop" in the database, but he has the "Outside Foot Shot" in game. Luis Hernanez has both "Chip Shot" traits, in game he has both "Chip Shop" and "Outside Foot Shot".
    • In the database there is a "Playmaker" trait. In game this is a speciality rather than a trait. Rui Costa has the "Playmaker" trait in the database, but no "Playmaker" speciality. In game he has "Playmaker" as a speciality, not as a trait. This is the case for other (NIF) players as well.
    • Both Prime Del Piero and POTY Reginiussen has "Leadership" and "Ultimate Professional" traits in the database, but these are replaced with "Team Player" in game. This is the case for other (NIF) players as well and seems to be a a bug/wrong listing in the database.
    • "Corner Specialist" in the database is replaced with "Set Play Specialist" in game.
    • Players with a low rated NIF doesn't have the specialities they are supposed to have listed in game online. This has been the case since at least FIFA 17 and I believe this is purely visual. They are linked to the players in game stats. My POTY Reginiussen is supposed to have the "Strength" speciality since he has 90+ strength IG, but the NIF doesn't have 90+ strength so it doesn't show up in game.

    The most obvious evidence for traitgate was SBC Prime Roberto Carlos missing the "Power Free-Kick" trait and not having his iconic run-up that this trait is supposed to give. His other versions had it. Can anyone with SBC Prime Roberto Carlos check if this has been fixed as well now? Please check other SBC Prime players online too.

    For those with SBC players, here are the traits of NIF Promes and NIF Quaresma. Would appreciate if someone could check the traits of these players (SBC version) online in DKT or FUT Champs:
    • Promes: "Power Free-Kick", "Flair", "Long Shot Taker", "Technical Dribbler"
    • Quaresma: "Flair", "Long Shot Taker", "Outside Foot Shot", "Technical Dribbler"

    I know @EA_Andy said they were looking into the missing traits of SBC players earlier. Can you confirm if this has been fixed now?

    I will try again after work With carlos but as of 8:30pm last night UK time he still Wasnt Taking that Specific Free kick.
    There have been a few people confirming today he's still not taking those "power free kick". It does seem however to be a specific problem with Prime Roberto Carlos and not every SBC player.
  • Seems like there are a lot of bugs/wrong listings in the database regarding traits. It seems to me like the database still list all the old traits, while some of them have been changed/added/removed the last few years.
  • Bouboe112
    504 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My prime henry sbc hasnt got 3 of the 6 traits in game. He misses speed dribbler, tries to beat d line and playmaker.

    Are these traits non apparent for any player in the game or am i being deceived for 3 million coins ??!?! I heard a lot of stories here about the 90 version having these traits also and played better due to making better runs and feeling faster on the ball. Did they fix prime henry ??!
  • Bouboe112 wrote: »
    My prime henry sbc hasnt got 3 of the 6 traits in game. He misses speed dribbler, tries to beat d line and playmaker.
    No player has those traits anymore. The database is wrong.

    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/344516/database-still-showing-old-traits-traitgate-explained
  • Bouboe112
    504 posts An Exciting Prospect
    jakobpedro wrote: »
    Bouboe112 wrote: »
    My prime henry sbc hasnt got 3 of the 6 traits in game. He misses speed dribbler, tries to beat d line and playmaker.
    No player has those traits anymore. The database is wrong.

    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/344516/database-still-showing-old-traits-traitgate-explained

    Aha !!! That explains it than !!! So no player in the game shows these traits? But does that mean they dont got the trait or they do have it still but it just doeant show up
  • Bouboe112 wrote: »
    jakobpedro wrote: »
    Bouboe112 wrote: »
    My prime henry sbc hasnt got 3 of the 6 traits in game. He misses speed dribbler, tries to beat d line and playmaker.
    No player has those traits anymore. The database is wrong.

    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/344516/database-still-showing-old-traits-traitgate-explained

    Aha !!! That explains it than !!! So no player in the game shows these traits? But does that mean they dont got the trait or they do have it still but it just doeant show up
    Indeed, checked loads of NIF players. Doesn't show up in UT or in normal FIFA outside UT as well.

    They could be hidden, or it could be a mistake in the database. I personally think they added, removed and replaced some traits, but the database is still showing those old traits.
  • nope123
    1369 posts Professional
    Why would they add the traits to NEW players like Henry and r9 if they didn’t exist?
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 2018
    Can anyone tell me if SBC Roberto Carlos has been fixed? Torn between just buying him or taking a gamble and starting the SBC..

    #traitgate #fixfifa
  • bberger wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if SBC Roberto Carlos has been fixed? Torn between just buying him or taking a gamble and starting the SBC..

    #traitgate #fixfifa

    they said it was just a visual but i think it depends how far out he is on the free kicks.... ive got him, absoute beast, favourite player
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    antonius wrote: »
    bberger wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if SBC Roberto Carlos has been fixed? Torn between just buying him or taking a gamble and starting the SBC..

    #traitgate #fixfifa

    they said it was just a visual but i think it depends how far out he is on the free kicks.... ive got him, absoute beast, favourite player

    So he does actually have the long run up now?

    Yeah, he's one of my favourite players all-time. The only thing that held me back so far was that Alaba is too (hard as an Austrian not to like this guy)
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    Is this fixed yet? Need to get rid of my SBC Shearer but I can't do that as long as his power fk run up isn't fixed..

    @EA_Andy ..??
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    bump..?
  • antonius
    719 posts Semi-Pro
    too be honest bro, the free kicks are dead this year anyway.... once in a blue moon i score a direct free kick, the three man dummy over and pass or pass and driven is so much more effective..... its a same use to love banging them in with good free kick takers
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    antonius wrote: »
    too be honest bro, the free kicks are dead this year anyway.... once in a blue moon i score a direct free kick, the three man dummy over and pass or pass and driven is so much more effective..... its a same use to love banging them in with good free kick takers

    Thing is: I actually CAN pull it off with Naldo and R. Carlos from 25+ yds. It's either top corner into the net or saved by the GK for a corner where IF Carroll will be waiting for a short post "tap in".

    Set pieces are a vital part for my playstyle and team this year :/ Hence Carlos without the runup = useless.

    I feel like the long shot and shot power stat + the long shot taker trait are vital to powerful driven free kicks. FB Honda also is a deadly FK taker.

    That being said: Finesse style FKs are utterly useless this year. It's either row Z or 20m wide with them..
  • Blackbird10
    1023 posts Professional
    bberger wrote: »
    antonius wrote: »
    too be honest bro, the free kicks are dead this year anyway.... once in a blue moon i score a direct free kick, the three man dummy over and pass or pass and driven is so much more effective..... its a same use to love banging them in with good free kick takers

    Thing is: I actually CAN pull it off with Naldo and R. Carlos from 25+ yds. It's either top corner into the net or saved by the GK for a corner where IF Carroll will be waiting for a short post "tap in".

    Set pieces are a vital part for my playstyle and team this year :/ Hence Carlos without the runup = useless.

    I feel like the long shot and shot power stat + the long shot taker trait are vital to powerful driven free kicks. FB Honda also is a deadly FK taker.

    That being said: Finesse style FKs are utterly useless this year. It's either row Z or 20m wide with them..

    MOTM Talisca’s power free kicks are incredible. Way better than Carlos or Promes even though they have the run up.
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2018
    bberger wrote: »
    antonius wrote: »
    too be honest bro, the free kicks are dead this year anyway.... once in a blue moon i score a direct free kick, the three man dummy over and pass or pass and driven is so much more effective..... its a same use to love banging them in with good free kick takers

    Thing is: I actually CAN pull it off with Naldo and R. Carlos from 25+ yds. It's either top corner into the net or saved by the GK for a corner where IF Carroll will be waiting for a short post "tap in".

    Set pieces are a vital part for my playstyle and team this year :/ Hence Carlos without the runup = useless.

    I feel like the long shot and shot power stat + the long shot taker trait are vital to powerful driven free kicks. FB Honda also is a deadly FK taker.

    That being said: Finesse style FKs are utterly useless this year. It's either row Z or 20m wide with them..

    MOTM Talisca’s power free kicks are incredible. Way better than Carlos or Promes even though they have the run up.

    Oh boy, yes. 100% agree - he is a rare exception to my statement above!

    But yet again: Shot Power + Long Shot + Long Shot Taker and power fk trait.

    Only difference os that Talisca also can pull it off from within 25 yds
  • antonius
    719 posts Semi-Pro
    for me, carlos has changed my team so much.... he's everywhere, wins the ball back of cr7's, suarez, bale... the lot
    he gets so many assists and is always in the right position, going forward he is immense, dribbling is on point
    ive heard people switching him to cm or cam and dominating
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    As for a LWB with his traits and workrates he is perfect. Perfect complimentary back to TOTY Alves on RWB.

    TOTY Marcelo is good too, but Carlos is special.
Sign In or Register to comment.