Why pace needs sorted. Please read.

NellaSAFC92
248 posts Sunday League Hero
I upgraded from sterling to bernardo silva, musa to javier hernandez and izquierdo to son. Lost 4 games drew 2 and scored only 3 goals and couldn't do anything. So i popped sterling, izquierdo and musa back in and won 5 from 6 scoring over 15 goals. Just wrong how the cheap pace is needed and i hate how i have no choice because every team online is sheer sweat to

Comments

• MPL4
    1552 posts Play-Off Hero
    I find it more annoying when 2nd if Sterling gets outpaced by mustafi
  • Metalfly
    991 posts Professional
    Hmmm Sterling is starting ahead of Bernardo Silva in real life though so I wouldn't call that an upgrade.
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    FIFA has always been a pace game. Play PES if you want to play proper football
  • NellaSAFC92
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    Metalfly wrote: »
    Hmmm Sterling is starting ahead of Bernardo Silva in real life though so I wouldn't call that an upgrade.

Rating wise mate
  • Gromit
    3425 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2017
    Pace is indeed frustrating but a lot of it is how OP other stats are.

I mean by rights Sterling should have like 60 shooting / finishing. He's not remotely clinical IRL. I know he's currently Citys top scorer. But most of the time he scuffs his shots like a child.

Same with the likes of Musa. Yes absolutely he should be fast. But should he be able to score from acute angles, and from distance? Not really. Players like him should be most effective from 12yds or less which means the defending team has more time to stop them. Thus making them less OP and less effective. And making expensive cards with better stats more worthwhile even if they're slower.
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    It's not pace... it's the way you play.

I don't care for pace (I have Icardi and Higuain as my Strikers) - and I am playing fine. It all comes down to style of play and if you are possession based and use slower build up play than you have no need to get the pacey guys. You can still be competitive just fine.

Just yesterday I played some guy with Martial, Jesus, Willian front three who just spammed long through balls, sprinted down the wings and tried to sweat across the entire game. I played my slow build up, passing attack and beat him 2-1. It can be done.

IMO Pace is better this year than last year in the sense that pacey players aren't as easy to catch as they were last year. It's more relative this year to other players actual stats...
  • Pace and pace alone will win you games against Gold 3 and below players. It’s the easiest exploit in the game. A polished player will excel with a clinical striker like Lewandowski or Higuain, but’s it’s funny how someone as clinical in front of goal as Lewa only sells for 200k.

Even I don’t use him and he’s my favorite player. It’s so much easier to turn on a dime with Jesus and power up a low driven shot while Lewa turns like a truck and never gets an open shot on goal before Bakayoko stuffs him.
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2017
    Pace and pace alone will win you games against Gold 3 and below players. It’s the easiest exploit in the game. A polished player will excel with a clinical striker like Lewandowski or Higuain, but’s it’s funny how someone as clinical in front of goal as Lewa only sells for 200k.

Even I don’t use him and he’s my favorite player. It’s so much easier to turn on a dime with Jesus and power up a low driven shot while Lewa turns like a truck and never gets an open shot on goal before Bakayoko stuffs him.

PACE , PHY = consistent
    PAS, DRI , SHO , DEF = inconsistent

Explains this game perfectly and that's why Lewandowski is dirt cheap