Netduma1 Router

Fuego
484 posts An Exciting Prospect
To the people who have this router, how much of a difference have you seen? especially in your FUT Champions matches, is it worth purchasing?

Comments

• riskywhat
    1026 posts Professional
    edited December 2017
    Wondering this myself

Edit: From what I understand you can see what server you are connecting to before you start a match and can back out if it's one that's far away. Is that right?
  • Fuego
    riskywhat wrote: »
    Wondering this myself

Edit: From what I understand you can see what server you are connecting to before you start a match and can back out if it's one that's far away. Is that right?

Yeah that's how it works I believe. I haven't seen too many reviews about it but the few i've seen have been great, apparently being a UK player you do sometimes get connected to the North America servers for example even if you're playing a UK opponent which is ridiculous as this would have a significant difference with the delay. It does explain why when playing FUT Champions you experience huge differences in gameplay from one game to another as it could essentially just be in one of the games you're playing in a UK server and the next game you're connected to a far away foreign server...
  • ha032742
    35209 posts Moderator
    It doesn’t help much in FUT Champions.
  • riskywhat
    1026 posts Professional
    ha032742 wrote: »

Can't you see which dedicated server you're connected to before the match?

• ha032742
    35209 posts Moderator

Yeah but doesn’t mean you won’t get delay even if you get a server in Europe :joy:
  • Fuego

Yeah but doesn’t mean you won’t get delay even if you get a server in Europe :joy:

But surely it should be quite a notable difference if you prevent yourself from playing in far away foreign servers?
  • JaguarKillz
    1086 posts Professional
    It’s great for seasons, not much different for WL altho at least I can make sure my PS4 has the lion share of my bandwidth so the Mrs using Netflix doesn’t do me over lol
  • ha032742
    35209 posts Moderator
    Fuego wrote: »

But surely it should be quite a notable difference if you prevent yourself from playing in far away foreign servers?

No it isn’t
  • Fuego
    It’s great for seasons, not much different for WL altho at least I can make sure my PS4 has the lion share of my bandwidth so the Mrs using Netflix doesn’t do me over lol

How come you don't see much of a difference for WL?
  • JaguarKillz
    1086 posts Professional

Cause it’s server based and the UK doesn’t have a server so I’m always a distance to the nearest one lol
  • Fuego

Cause it’s server based and the UK doesn’t have a server so I’m always a distance to the nearest one lol

Oh wow really? I've read a few times that there is a server in the UK?
  • JaguarKillz
    1086 posts Professional

Ireland
  • Fuego

Ireland

Oh okay so that's ideally the closest server for us to play in then. So yeah you wouldn't recommend purchasing one if I just mainly play FUT Champions then, hmm that's a shame as I had seen mostly positive reviews about it
  • riskywhat
    1026 posts Professional

I understand that. But you can cut out the games where you are connected to the North American servers. Saw a post on here during FIFA 17 about European players being connected to North American during busy times

• JaguarKillz
    1086 posts Professional

Ireland

Oh okay so that's ideally the closest server for us to play in then. So yeah you wouldn't recommend purchasing one if I just mainly play FUT Champions then, hmm that's a shame as I had seen mostly positive reviews about it

It’s still a brilliant router tho
  • ha032742
    35209 posts Moderator

I understand that. But you can cut out the games where you are connected to the North American servers. Saw a post on here during FIFA 17 about European players being connected to North American during busy times

Believe me it doesn’t help. Ask @Retro_G
  • riskywhat
    1026 posts Professional

Believe me it doesn’t help. Ask @Retro_G

Fair enough

• Orison
    48600 posts FIFA Cover Star

That was proven wrong. NetDuma's get mapping system is deeply flawed. If they show you connecting to a NA server you might actually connect to one in Germany, utterly pointless lol.
  • Fuego
    Orison wrote: »

That was proven wrong. NetDuma's get mapping system is deeply flawed. If they show you connecting to a NA server you might actually connect to one in Germany, utterly pointless lol.

Yeah I read something about the mapping system being incorrect a lot of the times, however doesn't it display the ping of the server? If the ping is really low of the server but the mapping system suggests it's far away then you should be able to determine that the location of the server is incorrect?
  • riskywhat
    1026 posts Professional
    Orison wrote: »

I guess I will stick with my old router then. It's got QoS so no need to worry about what the mrs is doing lol

• Fuego

Ireland

It’s still a brilliant router tho

Yeah but I only really wanted to buy it for the WL but if it doesn't have significant difference then it's not worth it.
  • Fuego
    Anyone else with a Netduma router have any other opinions?