My thoughts on this WL

Haven't played WL for about 6 weeks but decided to try and qualify so I could document some of the things I hear everyone complaining about. My impression................WL is equal to a cesspool of human waste.

Played all 40 games.
Had 59 people back out of games on opening screen because the were the away team. Yep, 59!!
Had 17 people back out of games at the kit screen. No idea why. I use the pink Hamburg and blue Newcastle kits.
Out of the 40 games that got to kickoff, 33 paused at kickoff to change formation so they could play their precious little Martial or Son at ST.
Only had 2 disconnects out of the 40
34 teams were either EPL or France OP teams (Boring as hell playing the same team over and over)
1 team 10 Icons and 92 Suarez
1 Bundesliga team
1 La Liga team
3 Calcio A teams
27 teams played PTB from opening kickoff
22 teams watched every god awful replay during the game.

To summarize, WL is a freaking nightmare of a mode. Last year it was probably my favorite in 17 but this has become a shitfest that I will gladly not partake in again this year.

Comments

• hayhor1
    14610 posts World Class
    Yeah I've played 10 or so matches two weekends. I have no idea how people keep playing.
  • BigKram
    757 posts Semi-Pro
    wwffan99tx wrote: »
    Haven't played WL for about 6 weeks but decided to try and qualify so I could document some of the things I hear everyone complaining about. My impression................WL is equal to a cesspool of human waste.

Played all 40 games.
    Had 59 people back out of games on opening screen because the were the away team. Yep, 59!!
    Had 17 people back out of games at the kit screen. No idea why. I use the pink Hamburg and blue Newcastle kits.
    Out of the 40 games that got to kickoff, 33 paused at kickoff to change formation so they could play their precious little Martial or Son at ST.
    34 teams were either EPL or France OP teams (Boring as hell playing the same team over and over)
    1 Bundesliga team
    1 La Liga team
    3 Calcio A teams

To summarize, WL is a freaking nightmare of a mode. Last year it was probably my favorite in 17 but this has become a shitfest that I will gladly not partake in again this year.

Why do you think 27 teams parked the bus? Unlikely, it doesn't happen.
  • BigKram wrote: »

Played all 40 games.
    1 Bundesliga team
    1 La Liga team
    3 Calcio A teams

Why do you think 27 teams parked the bus? Unlikely, it doesn't happen.

When they take a corner and have only 2 players in the box the bus is parked. If you go Ultra attacking you have 6 in the box on the corners.
  • Forca-Barca
    3066 posts National Call-Up

Played all 40 games.
    1 Bundesliga team
    1 La Liga team
    3 Calcio A teams

Very good analysis bro. I stopped playing WL last year was tired of the gimmicks, slow paced, try hards
  • Forca-Barca
    3066 posts National Call-Up
    I never got more than 19 wins but a lot of my losses were winnable games that I lost in PKs or at the last min goals
  • TurdFerguson
    2477 posts Fans' Favourite
    I agree with some of what you said, so let me respond to some of the things I disagree with

1. People have the right to use whatever teams they want, as well a change formation at the start of the game to use whoever they want at striker. Unless EA elects to change the chem system to punish those that do it, you really shouldn't have an issue with it.
    2. I agree that it's annoying that people back out if they aren't hosting, but honestly, theres just no denying that the game provides an edge to the host team. This was the first week I backed out if not host once I reached gold levels, and I can tell you for a fact, you get an edge as the host.
    3. You really shouldn't have an issue with people that PTB. I almost prefer the noobs that do this, it leaves them with nobody in the attack, and it really doesn't matter how many are in the back line if you can counter aggressively.

The rest I do understand, particularly people backing out based on kit and especially those who watch replays, as scummy as it gets.
  • I agree with some of what you said, so let me respond to some of the things I disagree with

1. People have the right to use whatever teams they want, as well a change formation at the start of the game to use whoever they want at striker. Unless EA elects to change the chem system to punish those that do it, you really shouldn't have an issue with it.
    2. I agree that it's annoying that people back out if they aren't hosting, but honestly, theres just no denying that the game provides an edge to the host team. This was the first week I backed out if not host once I reached gold levels, and I can tell you for a fact, you get an edge as the host.
    3. You really shouldn't have an issue with people that PTB. I almost prefer the noobs that do this, it leaves them with nobody in the attack, and it really doesn't matter how many are in the back line if you can counter aggressively.

The rest I do understand, particularly people backing out based on kit and especially those who watch replays, as scummy as it gets.

I agree people should use whatever they want. But if you switch formations and play a player out of his stated position his chemistry should be affected. EA has screwed up this whole game with the damn chemistry. I'd rather there be no chemistry and you can play whomever wherever so there isn't this pre game pausing to "get over" on the system. It is a freaking GAME after all.
  • daydreamer45
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    score one goal, opponent choose to dc me, and i get lose count. Seriously..