Massive swings in WL gameplay

Bellcheddar
1333 posts Professional
edited December 2017
What is this all about?

Played Friday in the day time (uk), the game felt truly horrendous. My players were really slow, they couldn't turn, they didn't make runs and the game was really slow and delayed. I stopped playing as it was so bad. Didn't play Saturday at all. Put it on today a few hours ago it was like seasons and other P2P modes, my players could move it felt crisp and incisive and my players had their agility back once again.

Now I'm trying to make sense of this because it drives me up the fooking wall. My first thought is its down to the servers. But then that doesn't really make sense. Surely in the daytime Friday when the gameplay was horrendous the servers were less overloaded (most people in the UK and Europe on a similar time zone would be at work surely). There has to be more people playing Sunday afternoon right? So that makes the server theory look like complete bollocks to me.

So my question is how many of you guys get these wild swings of gameplay across a weekend and what the fook is it as its stopping me from playing seriously?

Comments

• The same seems to happen with me. Sluggish and non responsive, I played late on saturday and it was a lot better.
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    JediGaz wrote: »
    The same seems to happen with me. Sluggish and non responsive, I played late on saturday and it was a lot better.

Really strange. In seasons it's pretty much bang on every game providing the latency bars are green and I never have this problem.
  • SabboLima
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️ servers this weekend, stopped after my 10th game. #Fixservers
  • HideousCompany
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'll try maybe 3 games on Friday, if I'm not busy, and if it's horrendous, I just give up with it. For me, the WL just plays so much better on a Sunday and I'll try get through as many games as possible.

I can only assume that on a Friday as early as possible and on a Saturday, folk try to smash through as many games as they can just to get it done with as it's such a chore. Probably why the gameplay is bad, due to the overloaded servers
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    SabboLima wrote: »
    **** servers this weekend, stopped after my 10th game. #Fixservers

When did you play these games. That's what I would have said Friday when I stopped. But today was absolutely perfect so I'm thinking this s h I t is not down to the servers?
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    I'll try maybe 3 games on Friday, if I'm not busy, and if it's horrendous, I just give up with it. For me, the WL just plays so much better on a Sunday and I'll try get through as many games as possible.

I can only assume that on a Friday as early as possible and on a Saturday, folk try to smash through as many games as they can just to get it done with as it's such a chore. Probably why the gameplay is bad, due to the overloaded servers

So would you say the servers are more overloaded Friday AM to mid afternoon than they are on a Sunday?
  • HideousCompany
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect

So would you say the servers are more overloaded Friday AM to mid afternoon than they are on a Sunday?

Uncertain my man, I'm just guessing. However, the dip in the market on a Sunday may suggest it's true as folk have either gave up playing because of the BS gameplay or they finished their 40 games :smile:
  • Riggs006
    970 posts Professional
    I know the feeling, lost my first 3 games was debating to not even continue, then went on a run of 10 wins out of my next 12 to get me to 10 out of 15, then lose 4 in a row and then won 1 after that so have only just got to 11 out of 20 now. Its mad how 1 game I can play a certain way my players feel unstoppable the next I go on a horrible run and my defenders positioning is dreadful, my keepers flap at everything, my strikers cant finish, kinda get used to it now but its frustrating as anything.
  • BestFutPlayaEver
    1856 posts Fans' Favourite
    What is this all about?

Played Friday in the day time (uk), the game felt truly horrendous. My players were really slow, they couldn't turn, they didn't make runs and the game was really slow and delayed. I stopped playing as it was so bad. Didn't play Saturday at all. Put it on today a few hours ago it was like seasons and other P2P modes, my players could move it felt crisp and incisive and my players had their agility back once again.

Now I'm trying to make sense of this because it drives me up the fooking wall. My first thought is its down to the servers. But then that doesn't really make sense. Surely in the daytime Friday when the gameplay was horrendous the servers were less overloaded (most people in the UK and Europe on a similar time zone would be at work surely). There has to be more people playing Sunday afternoon right? So that makes the server theory look like complete bollocks to me.

So my question is how many of you guys get these wild swings of gameplay across a weekend and what the fook is it as its stopping me from playing seriously?

Are your symptoms:

First touch of your players is really bad. You pass a ground pass. To pogba that is not driven with no pressure from someone else and is only 10 meters away, his first touch makes the ball bounces off him 1/2 meters ahead of him. He would need 2/3 touches to control it

Your ground passes are weak. They die before it reaches the players. And I'm using Rui Costa to pass

Your players accelrate very slowly. Like my alba will take forever to reach max speed, which again is not his true max speed as he will be caught by pique.

Your agaility is bad. They can't turn on the spot quick enough

There is some input delay when you press a button. This can be easily tested when you have a goal kick and flick your joy stick left or right and see how long it takes the camera angle to move. I measured mine to be 0.33s of delay. Offline kickoff exhibition mode is only 0.11s

• Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    What is this all about?

Are your symptoms:

First touch of your players is really bad. You pass a ground pass. To pogba that is not driven with no pressure from someone else and is only 10 meters away, his first touch makes the ball bounces off him 1/2 meters ahead of him. He would need 2/3 touches to control it

Your ground passes are weak. They die before it reaches the players. And I'm using Rui Costa to pass

Your players accelrate very slowly. Like my alba will take forever to reach max speed, which again is not his true max speed as he will be caught by pique.

There is some input delay when you press a button. This can be easily tested when you have a goal kick and flick your joy stick left or right and see how long it takes the camera angle to move. I measured mine to be 0.33s of delay. Offline kickoff exhibition mode is only 0.11s

Yep, absolutely all of the above. The game seems painfully slow too.
  • CtldChaos
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2017
    Guys... this past Friday was a bit of an anomaly because of the TOTGS release. Why EA does not learn from their mistakes last year I will never understand, but with everyone logging on to open the packs and hunt for those, the game play was disgraceful on Friday. It cleared up later in the day US time, but holy hell it was bad. Not sure if that is the regular pattern for Friday's do not have enough data.

I also suspect the coin buyers and auto bots were on overtime on Friday. A release of a new team like that allows the coins buyers to fly a bit under the radar as the prices can get crazy in the first several hours. This makes it hard for the anomaly detection algorithms to find the coins buyers as there is no 'normal' established. Snipers and autobots are on for a similar reason, looking for people listing the cards UNDER value to the market and with the flood of pack openings looking for deals on 84+ rated cards. I was able to bid (not snipe, legit bidding) 84+ cards for SBCs for about 20-30% below value on average. I got a Pepe for 9K on Friday night to get be one SBC closer to Prime Henry.
  • BestFutPlayaEver
    What is this all about?

Are your symptoms:

Been having this since FIFA 12. First on Xbox then PS4 now PS4 pro. I changed my ISP 4 times in that time, I upgraded and changed my internet equipment by buying $800 worth of hardware. I also changed cities 4 times too from Atlanta to Boston to Chicago and now Houston. And still have this issue. Though I can ALWAYS get a temporary fix that will last for about a week or less that instantly fixes this. All I have to do is change isp, which was done 4 times or easier to chage modem or router to any other but new one. I have done this 15 times and ALL 15 times, the next game I play on new hardware will be butter smooth. My David Silva can twist and turn like never before. I score many goals and can time my tackles. It's responsive. Then after a week, all the issues come back.
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    What is this all about?

It does drive u insane.
    I will play when there's no lag and get a good winning streak going.
    Then the next day the games sluggish my players won't move and the ball always seems to go behind my player on every pass.
    When this happens I barely win 1 in 3 games.

The problem is wl is so ❤️❤️❤️❤️ tedious. You have to just play through it or you will run out of time.
  • Gorda
    3447 posts National Call-Up
    Its elo not random, had a really good in weekend league, was 14-10 ended 20-20. You Will just be match against better players if you played well.
  • Dutchbandito
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just one reason: Scripting
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    Gorda wrote: »
    Its elo not random, had a really good in weekend league, was 14-10 ended 20-20. You Will just be match against better players if you played well.

Nah, it’s not the opponents mate. Playing against a good player doesn’t make your own team incredibly slow, stop them making runs, stop them being able to turn and give you a 1 second input delay. I can tell when I’m facing a good player. It’s the actual affect on your team and players I’m talking about....
  • Gorda
    3447 posts National Call-Up
    Gorda wrote: »

Nah, it’s not the opponents mate. Playing against a good player doesn’t make your own team incredibly slow, stop them making runs, stop them being able to turn and give you a 1 second input delay. I can tell when I’m facing a good player. It’s the actual affect on your team and players I’m talking about....
    could be that to, But the good players win anyways. Many in top 100 OS same dudes, ol they have icon teams and are great at the Game. Yeah i think when you had a bad run scriptorna Will help you Out some, and when you win many in a row, scriptinn Will ❤️❤️❤️❤️ you.

• kingDrogbaaaa
    1433 posts Play-Off Hero
    If ever I win at least 5-6 in a row, that’s when my team turns into 11 bronze players for the next 10
  • BestFutPlayaEver
    Happens in seasons too. Definitely not scripting since it happens from game one ALL games at ALL times apart from 3 hours before close.
  • Lamboo
    48 posts Park Captain
    Ea most likely scales their servers higher on weekend and auction house is most likely hosted on different machines. I do agree there is momentum but it’s not that significant. Most the games you lose you most likely made critical mistakes
  • I have played elite and top 100 players, when the gameplay is great the majority I beat them or give them a good game. When the gameplay is bad which is a lot, heavy touches, slow play, bad passes, no runs, standing still. Trash players beat me or if they are really good you can see it affecting them more. Trash players do not seem to be affected by the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and inconsitencies in this game. If the trash stop playing, EA and their profits will take a serious hit and that trash are the ones that spends their mums credit card. Disgraceful money making tramps.
  • I’ve hit elite 5 times this year with 33 wins twice, 30 wins once and 29 wins twice so I’m not a bad player. This weekend I had played 15 games in futchamps and won all of them. I felt ❤️❤️❤️❤️ good about myself lol. I was playing on slow gameplay but I could still put moves together and shoot when I wanted to. I got to 18-2 after 20 games. Good record which almost guruantees elite 3. The gameplay wasn’t nice for the first 20 at all, no where near like offline friendlies. But after my 20 games it just got so much worse. I couldn’t do first time passing, I couldn’t sprint with players like Mane/Sterling, I couldn’t shoot when I wanted, I’ve turned tanks around quicker in GTA than I have my players this weekend. Whenever I did want to play a first time pass my players would take a touch then get tackled before even attempting to pass as that’s how slow my gameplay was.

It was easily the worst weekend in terms of gameplay that I’ve seen since futchamps has been about yet it’s my best record in futchamps. Doesn’t make sense and I’ve gotta say I wasn’t even enjoying winning as I wasn’t playing the football I like to play.

Had to stop at 21-5 as my patience couldn’t take anymore of the gameplay. I know it’s only a game but if futchamps wasn’t on Fifa I really wouldn’t play the game as I find every other mode so boring. Online seasons is boring and the rewards are terrible and I love the competition in futchamps.

Sort your servers out you ❤️❤️❤️❤️. I have BT fibre optic with an Ethernet cable from the router to my Xbox so it’s not my internet! I’ve done myself out of elite 1 for the month too as I didn’t play my remaining games for once. Seriously considering selling all my players making 3M coins and selling them to my mates
  • nope123
    1369 posts Professional
    Gameplay this whole weekend was dire
  • BestFutPlayaEver
    Retrac wrote: »
    I’ve hit elite 5 times this year with 33 wins twice, 30 wins once and 29 wins twice so I’m not a bad player. This weekend I had played 15 games in futchamps and won all of them. I felt **** good about myself lol. I was playing on slow gameplay but I could still put moves together and shoot when I wanted to. I got to 18-2 after 20 games. Good record which almost guruantees elite 3. The gameplay wasn’t nice for the first 20 at all, no where near like offline friendlies. But after my 20 games it just got so much worse. I couldn’t do first time passing, I couldn’t sprint with players like Mane/Sterling, I couldn’t shoot when I wanted, I’ve turned tanks around quicker in GTA than I have my players this weekend. Whenever I did want to play a first time pass my players would take a touch then get tackled before even attempting to pass as that’s how slow my gameplay was.

It was easily the worst weekend in terms of gameplay that I’ve seen since futchamps has been about yet it’s my best record in futchamps. Doesn’t make sense and I’ve gotta say I wasn’t even enjoying winning as I wasn’t playing the football I like to play.

Had to stop at 21-5 as my patience couldn’t take anymore of the gameplay. I know it’s only a game but if futchamps wasn’t on Fifa I really wouldn’t play the game as I find every other mode so boring. Online seasons is boring and the rewards are terrible and I love the competition in futchamps.

Sort your servers out you ****. I have BT fibre optic with an Ethernet cable from the router to my Xbox so it’s not my internet! I’ve done myself out of elite 1 for the month too as I didn’t play my remaining games for once. Seriously considering selling all my players making 3M coins and selling them to my mates

I have Google fiber with 1000mbps up and down with 2 Ms ping. Still same delay issues. ALL other games, no issues at all
  • Aqeel87
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    What is this all about?

Are your symptoms:

Exactly same
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    edited December 2017
    I’ve hit elite 5 times this year with 33 wins twice, 30 wins once and 29 wins twice so I’m not a bad player. This weekend I had played 15 games in futchamps and won all of them. I felt **** good about myself lol. I was playing on slow gameplay but I could still put moves together and shoot when I wanted to. I got to 18-2 after 20 games. Good record which almost guruantees elite 3. The gameplay wasn’t nice for the first 20 at all, no where near like offline friendlies. But after my 20 games it just got so much worse. I couldn’t do first time passing, I couldn’t sprint with players like Mane/Sterling, I couldn’t shoot when I wanted, I’ve turned tanks around quicker in GTA than I have my players this weekend. Whenever I did want to play a first time pass my players would take a touch then get tackled before even attempting to pass as that’s how slow my gameplay was.

Sort your servers out you ****. I have BT fibre optic with an Ethernet cable from the router to my Xbox so it’s not my internet! I’ve done myself out of elite 1 for the month too as I didn’t play my remaining games for once. Seriously considering selling all my players making 3M coins and selling them to my mates

I feel your pain man. It really p1sses me off that I can play fut champs 'properly'. Interesting what you say about the gameplay experiences so when you got to 18-2 and then the gameplay got worse was that Saturday or Sunday? Seems like the opposite of mine. Like you I still managed to win most of my games through it but it just ain't fun. I don't want to be stressed playing a fooking computer game, I've got work for that lol. I have exactly the same Internet as you too, the fastest BT package which you can get which is very stable when paired with a good router, so I know it's nothing from my end.

All I know is there is something seriously wrong with the gameplay in this mode.
  • Nervous_Nick
    6345 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2017
    What is this all about?

Are your symptoms:

Perfect description of my gameplay for most of WL!

Post edited by Nervous_Nick on
  • Stickybelly
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite

I feel your pain man. It really p1sses me off that I can play fut champs 'properly'. Interesting what you say about the gameplay experiences so when you got to 18-2 and then the gameplay got worse was that Saturday or Sunday? Seems like the opposite of mine. Like you I still managed to win most of my games through it but it just ain't fun. I don't want to be stressed playing a fooking computer game, I've got work for that lol. I have exactly the same Internet as you too, the fastest BT package which you can get which is very stable when paired with a good router, so I know it's nothing from my end.

All I know is there is something seriously wrong with the gameplay in this mode.

Lol me too, another one. Fix your s h i t EA.
  • Stickybelly
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    What is this all about?

Are your symptoms:

Perfect description if my gameplay for most of WL!

Same for me, horrible experience trying to play through that.
  • Nervous_Nick
    6345 posts Big Money Move
    I only got decent gameplay on sunday evening....and I won 8 out of 9 games.
    Saturday was a nightmare....plenty of "dramatic moments" happening too.