Done with WL

TheQuest
254 posts Sunday League Hero
Totally drained and tired from this game mode and unfortunately that is the game mode I only care about in UT (will still play clubs but that's it)

I played 30 games and every team is a 2/3/4 million coin team, and this Fifa is 100% pay to win. Which some people will like, because ronaldo does not get caught by danny rose any more but to people who don't have a lot of coins, facing bale, ronaldo, icons every game is very tiring. Playing as underdog every game is such a strain. There's absolutely no relaxed fun.

Maybe I'm just **** now but I think we're now approaching that period where many serious players have ridiculous teams ( i did manage to beat a 9 icon team somehow)

I just feel like I've been left behind because I 've barely bought any points (just the once) and don't spend hours trading. Some Weeks felt easier than others in WL but I definitely saw a pattern here... super loaded crazy rich teams everywhere.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Comments

• Napoli9
    1964 posts Fans' Favourite
    agreed. 3/4th of the teams I faced had atleast a few Icons or some very expensive players.. I wonder how they got these 3/4 million coin teams.. Ive gotten gold 1/2 every WL and do squad battles and trade but have only a 8-900k team... what am I supposed to do against 7 icons... TF??
  • DKCena
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    Havent played this week. But my team is with 3 icons and I only Seem to play op prl teams. I would 10x rather face full icon teams and loose instead of facing Martial, Baka and friends playing like icons with Butland being a complete Wall every game.
  • pekkaa88
    6121 posts Big Money Move
    Youvdont really have to buy points or trade to get rich in thos game tho.. Just do the SBCs and invest in risk free cards like 83s..
  • Napoli9
    1964 posts Fans' Favourite
    lol Baka and friends..
  • TheQuest
    Is it true no one knows how you get matched on WL?

i don't understand how it's fair an 82 rated 400k team can be paired up against an 87, 9 icon team...

but whatever.
  • CoachDavio
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What I want to know is, since when can people tackle the ball through my player? I have Rooney or Pogba protecting the ball and Rui Costa is standing tackle through them and getting the ball. This does not feel normal
  • DKCena
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    CoachDavio wrote: »
    What I want to know is, since when can people tackle the ball through my player? I have Rooney or Pogba protecting the ball and Rui Costa is standing tackle through them and getting the ball. This does not feel normal

Yesterday Messi outjumped benatia and won a header to score. It’s normal. It’s in the game
  • Kingkay
    1777 posts Fans' Favourite
    This Fifa is 100% pay to win
  • Martythedoc
    2512 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm done until February in WL after this week. This no loss glitch crap. I've had 6 clean wins voided. And while losing it gives me a loss. So EA patched it to fix top 100 but just making it so us normal gold plebs need to play 10 extra games and hope we don't face a glitcher
  • Leeshana
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So f**king stupid they've made it so if someone backs out you don't get the win, wasting your time playing games.
  • Martythedoc
    Leeshana wrote: »
    So f**king stupid they've made it so if someone backs out you don't get the win, wasting your time playing games.

Complete waste of time. I have 11 games left normally I hit gold 1. But I'm out of time as a result of having 6 wins voided. I have to get ready for work, eat etc (the things FIFA don't want you to do)

I've effectively been voided a rank (and yes I understand I would have faced slightly harder opponents but I'd but much closer than the 21 I currently sit on)
  • BLqzTT
    638 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Can I say something, if you play 30 games with the average being 3mil teams, therefore the average is 3mil and your squad is below average so everyone else plays people with the same teams you just have a lesser team, I've got a 5 mil team and Spent 40 quid on packs and got about 600k width so it's not pay to win at all
  • Unparalleled
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2017
    BLqzTT wrote: »
    Can I say something, if you play 30 games with the average being 3mil teams, therefore the average is 3mil and your squad is below average so everyone else plays people with the same teams you just have a lesser team, I've got a 5 mil team and Spent 40 quid on packs and got about 600k width so it's not pay to win at all

keep lying to yourself about only 40 on packs with 5 mil team.

...except you packed R9 or Pele that is. otherwise f off with your lies
  • Deano2508
    2534 posts Fans' Favourite
    People moan about cheap epl teams

People moan about expensive teams

What do you expect to play in the most competitive game mode in Fifa??
  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move

I spent a tenner on the first day and have around the same coins as him, no point being jealous because other people know how to trade
  • Thanks for playing and giving us easy wins.
  • Unparalleled
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes you all only spent a tenner or fiver and have 5mil teams and somehow EA manages to post 800 mil + profit on just FIFA FUT. :smiley:

• Aspral
    3512 posts National Call-Up
    I've beaten 5-8mill teams easily when the player is bad and lost to 20k BPL teams when the player is good.

If I sold everything I'd have 2.5mill and I've not bought a single fifa point purchase. SBCs and rewards make it easy to get coins. Not played an unholy amount of games either.
  • Napoli9 wrote: »
    agreed. 3/4th of the teams I faced had atleast a few Icons or some very expensive players.. I wonder how they got these 3/4 million coin teams.. Ive gotten gold 1/2 every WL and do squad battles and trade but have only a 8-900k team... what am I supposed to do against 7 icons... TF??

and yet, everybody is against me when i say it and they say they are trading and i am stupid because i dont have 10 mil by know. Hahaha.
    Truth? Fifa points. Big time, all of them. If they are such good traders they would be next street on Wall Street by now, not trading so well in a game. They are talking about market index and shi* also
  • Korlezz
    672 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Did nt bother playing till fixed just a bit of squad battles for a little treat
  • RandomLhama83
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    see you in a week bud
  • cawbrey2
    633 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Im 21-8 rn with a seria a squad
  • jonviper
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tbh the teams don't bother me that's the whole idea of UT if you dont want to play better teams play seasons. Have beaten a few wonder teams and it is quite satisfying although so is beating martial Jesus bakoyoko.
    In a mode like wl you've got to expect to be up against great teams and great players.
  • fighter__noir
    626 posts An Exciting Prospect
    DKCena wrote: »
    Havent played this week. But my team is with 3 icons and I only Seem to play op prl teams. I would 10x rather face full icon teams and loose instead of facing Martial, Baka and friends playing like icons with Butland being a complete Wall every game.

This. Jesus and Martial is 100 times harder to defend than any other attackers I faced, and Bailly and Manolas are just as hard if not harder to break down than Icons
  • TheQuest
    joe666 wrote: »
    see you in a week bud

I wish, but unfortunately that's it for me. It's too tiring and not fun. Clubs is still fun with mates so at least there's that. Not sure clubs was worth the 70 euros but whatever. It's all good.
  • TheQuest
    jonviper wrote: »
    Tbh the teams don't bother me that's the whole idea of UT if you dont want to play better teams play seasons. Have beaten a few wonder teams and it is quite satisfying although so is beating martial Jesus bakoyoko.
    In a mode like wl you've got to expect to be up against great teams and great players.

Pretty sure Season is still part of UT...

and there still needs to be somewhat of a ranking system.

As I said, I beat a guy with an almost full icon team... but he must have been quite a bad player.

Even if I say, ok fine, match me with any type of teams...the point I was making is that Gold 2 players now have full icon teams... or really expensive teams..which is making the whole WL quite frustrating. i was fine with my modest Gold 2 results... if I can barely get gold now because of these crazy teams then there's literally no point in me playing. The experience of WL is stressful and tiring as it is...and obviously time consuming... and I dealt with that while I was grinding out results but if I don't get the results then it's a serious waste of time.

and say whatever you want, You have a massive edge with a 4 million coin team.
  • TheQuest
    edited December 2017
    all I'm saying was that WL is obviously a tough game mode for most people and super time consuming... but I kept it up because I was getting gold 2 consistently and was fine with that.

This month, with all these crazy rich teams, I've found it harder for sure and I have no drive to try and "get gudder" because the effort is not worth it.

not worth spending hours trying to get better, only to spend hours stressing in WL.

Too much effort, too little reward.

So yeh I'm done that's all.

Got my IF Son and Benatia last week in a 4 player monthly reward, I'll take that and run.

good luck to those who are pushing through... in a few weeks time, rare gold cards will be a rarity in teams.
  • BiigDee
    4527 posts National Call-Up
    Money doesn't decide who wins. The lag or AI does. I spent a small fortune on the game and have a decent team and I still lose plenty of games. A fair few games them icons or IF cards act like bronze cards and there's nothing I can do about it.
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bowden92 wrote: »

I spent a tenner on the first day and have around the same coins as him, no point being jealous because other people know how to trade

Exactly this. Stop whining if you don't have a good enough team.
    Some people know how to trade and also know how to play.
  • Martythedoc
    Don't normally bump anything but in this instance I'm just at a loss and walking away from playing until it's fixed.

I've had 6 clean wins voided, 1 loss (which I would have lost anyway but when your opponent disconnects you should not receive a loss under any circumstances). Wasted time and unable to complete all my games and effectively missed out of elite 3 (ended 25 with 6 left, but 6 voided wins not counted)

Quote from the server notes
    Changed the match outcomes of some disconnects in FUT Champions Weekend League.
    We will continue to monitor for any further required changes

It needs changing. Clean wins being voided, time wasted playing matches and worst of all.... If someone does it to me while I'm losing I get a loss.
    Hasn't happened to me except in a game I was gonna lose but the possibility of someone going 1-0 in the first couple mins then 4g-ing me giving me a loss is a disgrace for a competitive mode

The correct logic is simple, if am opponent disconnects while
    You are winning - you win, he loses
    You are drawing - you void, he loses
    You are losing - you void, he void (this is more open to debate but my point is clear)

@EA_Andy if you do listen please actually do something about it. On the outside it seems like a lazy fix which only helps the top100 not your normal player.