Not even happy when I win anymore?

Bellcheddar
1333 posts Professional
My god, has the game ever been worse than this? Let me explain.

Just played the most ridiculous game I’ve ever played. Played against a team with R94, CR7 and loads of icons in WL. I’ve been getting stupidly slow gameplay against the bakayoko teams where my players cannot move properly, you know what I mean if you play the WL. Anyway all of a sudden my players can move again and I go 5-1 up. The thing is I wasnt even remotely pleased because it’s all assisted, I know it’s assisted because I’m usually on the receiving end of it. I felt bad for my opponent as I knew he would be feeling what I usually feel. No need though because 2nd half the game works for him, my players stop making runs, they become slow again and my opponent gets the boost. Finishes 6-6.

It just leaves me feeling empty, I want to play against another human without any of this BS. Why does the game have to be for or against you, why Carnt we just play a game normally. It’s like the game is always striving for parity, with the kick off boosts etc. Never been as bad as this guys, this actually insults my intelligence it’s so bad. Anyone else feeling this?

Comments

• Colt_seevers
    1368 posts Professional
    Personally, no
  • Hasmust
    379 posts Sunday League Hero
    It is at this point that you want to try a different game mode.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5839 posts Big Money Move
    Hasmust wrote: »

Pro Clubs.

Ill preach that mode until EA remove it. 11v11 trumps UT all day long because its player on player, not AI exploiting.

Player skill matters, you can't do the same repetitive cheese to win games.
  • Dronegan
    1123 posts Professional
    Kind of impossible to enjoy a game that has as much RNG as hearthstone.
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional

Pro Clubs.

Ill preach that mode until EA remove it. 11v11 trumps UT all day long because its player on player, not AI exploiting.

Thanks man, I will try that. Don’t actually know anything about it. Do you just play as one player?
  • Hasmust
    379 posts Sunday League Hero
    Try head to head seasons. Doesn't have the popularity of FUT but still a fun game mode.

However after a certain period it might get boring.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5839 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2017

Pro Clubs.

Thanks man, I will try that. Don’t actually know anything about it. Do you just play as one player?

Yeah, you create a player and you just play games, your rating at the end of the game determines how much XP you get towards your player, the better you play by doing your role like passing, scoring, tackling etc the more XP you earn and the faster your player grows. You then get points by playing club games that can be used to boost specific stats of your player, so if you wanted to focus on more stamina and strength, you can, or if you want to add more pace, heading, long shots, whatever, you can, you can focus points in specific areas to create a player unique to you.

You play as one guy in a team or you can play the ANY role which is essentially controlling your player where he is set up to play (CB/LB/ST whatever) and you also control the random generated players that fill gaps that aren't taken by real players. So if me and my friends played and there was 6 of us and I picked ANY, my player would go up front and I'd control him and the backline also.

Its a great mode, just doesn't get a lot of love from EA, drop in is a horrible place to start, if you have a console, I suggest joining a competitive site, something like VFL (not shilling for it, I have no stake in the site) which has organized leagues, cups and also areas to just find people to drop in with to play clubs whenever you're online from 2 man clubs to 11v11 games.

Drop in is a horrible place to start.

I enjoy UT but 1v1 games are decided by the AI and who can exploit it the best, 11v11 will always be where I enjoy FIFA most because you cant just spam the same repetitive stuff you see in UT, defences will adapt and you have to out play a real player to score.
  • Elio87
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2017

Just played the most ridiculous game I’ve ever played. Played against a team with R94, CR7 and loads of icons in WL. I’ve been getting stupidly slow gameplay against the bakayoko teams where my players cannot move properly, you know what I mean if you play the WL. Anyway all of a sudden my players can move again and I go 5-1 up. The thing is I wasnt even remotely pleased because it’s all assisted, I know it’s assisted because I’m usually on the receiving end of it. I felt bad for my opponent as I knew he would be feeling what I usually feel. No need though because 2nd half the game works for him, my players stop making runs, they become slow again and my opponent gets the boost. Finishes 6-6.

It just leaves me feeling empty, I want to play against another human without any of this BS. Why does the game have to be for or against you, why Carnt we just play a game normally. It’s like the game is always striving for parity, with the kick off boosts etc. Never been as bad as this guys, this actually insults my intelligence it’s so bad. Anyone else feeling this?

You're depressed.. Really, go a doctor. Go outside, surprise your girlfriend when coming home, naked on the floor with chocolate sauce on your d*ck
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    I agree. Have felt this way for a while an really not playing much. This year the game has a way of taking all the fun away and leaving you with bleak choices. Try and play "real" football and watch all the nonsense that happens. Or play like a @#$% and win a few more games but get zero pleasure from it.

Not appealing to me.

The other depressing part for me is realizing that no one really seems to care how good or bad the game is. They just want to open packs. Any impetus to really talk about gameplay is crowded out by " what did you get in your 125k packs"

I love football, not a fan of what this game has become over the years. (UT that is)
  • Aspral
    3796 posts National Call-Up
    I feel the same way to be honest. I win much more than I lose and even winning feels awful.

It takes so much out of you when you play awful players who are being helped by the AI. They sit on PTB with overpowered players doing everything for them.

It feels like I'm playing the AI first and the human second.
  • MysticM
    1064 posts Professional
    Elio87 wrote: »

You're depressed.. Really, go a doctor. Go outside, surprise your girlfriend when coming home, naked on the floor with chocolate sauce on your d*ck

Lol, gameplay is bad.
    But you know what they(woman) say, once you go black.......