Ranked Matchmaking for the WL

Fuego
484 posts An Exciting Prospect
What's the view on the matchmaking for WL? It's obvious that it isn't random so how do you guys believe it works because i've heard many different theories.

I think the top 3 theories are essentially:
1) You're matched with people who are in the same rank as you
2) You're matched with people who have the same Win/Loss ratio as you
3) You're matched with people who are expected to finish in the same projected rank

Which do you guys think it is? or do you believe it's something else?

Comments

• Tennster10
    1909 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not sure but if i win 3-4 game in a roll i know i am in for a treat the next 2-3 games lol my opponent will be better than before for sure then i will lost 2-3 game and i will face easier opponent.
  • AliasMaurice
    1976 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think it's 3. But alot of things will come into it like who's online and searching for a game at that time.
  • bigpokey24
    4834 posts Big Money Move
    i think it's random, other than the fake cowards who claim to be pros, backing out to play at home
  • zago33
    638 posts An Exciting Prospect
    i think number 2... if i´m on silver 1 right now, i get a silver 1 opponent..maybe +/- one rank

number 3 is not real... imagine pro players who won 40 games first week... they would be playing each other from the beginning then
  • Nokesy28
    709 posts Semi-Pro
    3 makes the most sense to me. I went 10 and 0 last weekend and was predicted elite 1, I’m nowhere near this level but the stupid matchmaking thought otherwise so I played a load of unreal players.
  • Aspral
    3378 posts National Call-Up
    Last weekend I had a stinker.

Needed 1 win for Gold 1 and I match against a guy with a ton of reds. He plays really well so I google the name.

Turns out he's a smallish youtuber and was creeping the top 100 last Fifa.

Checked his twitter he was on Gold 2 like me but had so many more games left.

But I've had times where my last 10 games I've smashed the player by 8 goals and they've been in Silver 1 when I'm in Gold 1.

I find my first and last 10 games are matched against bad opponents.
  • Nokesy28
    709 posts Semi-Pro
    Aspral wrote: »

I find my first and last 10 games are matched against bad opponents.

I find this too
  • Fuego
    So most people seem to believe that you're matched with people who are in the same rank as you. If this is the case then, say for example you play your first 10 matches on Friday - you should pretty much stop there for the day if you're wanting to finish as high as possible and wait till Saturday evening and ideally play another 15 or so then as there'll be a bigger pool of opponents who will be at the same rank as you and therefore you'll be less likely to be matched against elite opponents who have 4/5 icons and then play the remaining 15 on Sunday evening/night.

It's absolutely ridiculous we even have to think about this - just shows how stupid the matchmaking currently is
  • Fuego
    So most people seem to believe that you're matched with people who are in the same rank/skill level as you. If this is the case then, say for example you play your first 10 matches on Friday - you should pretty much stop there for the day if you're wanting to finish as high as possible and wait till Saturday evening and ideally play another 15 or so then as there'll be a bigger pool of opponents who will be at the same rank as you and therefore you'll be less likely to be matched against elite opponents who have 4/5 icons and then play the remaining 15 on Sunday evening/night.

It's absolutely ridiculous we even have to think about this - just shows how stupid the matchmaking currently is
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    First 5 games or around that level random opponents. Either win big or lose big.
    After that opponents at my level. Not sure how they find those, but almost every time I lose a match the next one is easier, also if I win it the next one becomes harder.

Pretty sure for best players is screwed up since it's hard to find top players at the same time and obviously only playing at home makes it harder, but for the rest is kind of straight forward.
  • Leo19942
    167 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    i think it's random, other than the fake cowards who claim to be pros, backing out to play at home

Yeah what is all that bull about backing at to play at home? Kept on happening to me later on in the weekend league last week around elite level and was frustrating as hell.
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    Well they tried that and had better results. Same as with bronze benching.
    Now almost all of them do it since they believe they will get weaker opponents, which it seem that does indeed happen looking at the Championship channel.