What is wrong with me?

NellaSAFC92
248 posts Sunday League Hero
Fifa 13, 14, 15, 17 i won division 1 iln online seasons. This fifa im getting hammered in division 6 and my highest division is 5. What am i doing wrong?

Comments

• Giallorossi
    467 posts An Exciting Prospect
    How many goals do you score and concede normally? And how do you defend ?
  • pudgyfudgy
    5556 posts Big Money Move
    What happened in fifa 16?
  • NellaSAFC92
    Fifa 16 i traded in after 1 week lol. Also keep conceding goals from kick off and 90th minute
  • NellaSAFC92

Also every game finishes at least 5-4
  • Giallorossi
    467 posts An Exciting Prospect

Dont press X to contain at all, all you gotta do is jockey and O tackle, watch some defending videos in youtube
  • ELMEX94
    187 posts Sunday League Hero
    And circle to tackle rarely works but you gotta take the chance
  • mdizzl3
    12411 posts Has That Special Something
    Try to aim to score more goals than your opponent
  • Wi1son73
    2222 posts Fans' Favourite
    I won division1 and gold cup in fifa13... 10/11/12 really held my own. 16/17 was so bad..!!! Didn’t play much..
    Now Fifa18 I’m in division 7, sometimes 6. But I’m enjoying playing.... I don’t have the time to play everyday/night. Plus I always play SB.

it’s just how it goes, you need to constantly change your game play.
    EA add in new things all the time. In the earlier series you didn’t. Well IMO..

• SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional

Dont press X to contain at all, all you gotta do is jockey and O tackle, watch some defending videos in youtube

I recommend a couple of Eastern European Youtubers - Krasi and Ovvy.

Great guys who can teach you a lot.
  • BerlinGunner
    312 posts Sunday League Hero
    What about your tactics, formation and playing style?

Every FIFA I struggle but then come back and get in Division 1 (currently two but I'm confident). I'm always in WL whenever I want it, but it's not very often because I have no time.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9511 posts League Winner

I recommend a couple of Eastern European Youtubers - Krasi and Ovvy.

Great guys who can teach you a lot.

:smirk:
  • JorisDB
    1385 posts Professional
    I had the same in the beginning, but just got promoted to div 1 by winning championship in div 2 with 1 game remaining. Just play a lot, get used to all the mechanics, and buy Icons (I bought van Basten and it completely changed my entire game, he is unreal)
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    Don't defend. That's the trick. Play on defensive, select your CDM and cut passing lanes and never use the tackle button.
  • Grehan94
    392 posts Sunday League Hero
    This year really puts the focus on understanding the concept of defending. Plus is all manual pretty much now, the AI is useless. Blocking passing lanes, covering space in behind, marking off the ball runs, anticipate and read your opponents. This year most importantly is covering and closing down the space your opponent has to play in.

That's all well and good, but I've noticed a cheap giveaway of dispossession of the ball after a long build completely leaves you prone to a counter which is near impossible to stop at times.
  • HideousCompany
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I haven't played in 10 days so might be a bit rusty, however, my defending has gone right out the window. Trying to qualify for WL and my players are just so unresponsive, defensively. Timing my tackles quite well but are taking that split second or so too late and given away so many fouls. As well, my AI controlled defenders are just leaving massive gaps or not even attempting to get the ball.

I noticed there was an update, has that drastically changed the gameplay?
  • NellaSAFC92
    My team is
    Hart

Rose
    Keane
    Sanchez
    Clyne

Bakayoko
    Herrera
    Ramsey
    91 prime Hagi

Rashford
    Musa

• PelzyWelzy
    9511 posts League Winner
    My team is
    Hart

Rose
    Keane
    Sanchez
    Clyne

Bakayoko
    Herrera
    Ramsey
    91 prime Hagi

Rashford
    Musa

Not enough pace on your strikers mate :trollface:
  • NellaSAFC92
    They are mainly for playing squad battles but i sold morata because rashford is outrageous. Musa i packed on tuesday so i dropped batshuayi
  • HideousCompany
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Might be worth checking your Player Instructions and Custom Tactics. Mine were reset for all 4 of my teams lol
  • NellaSAFC92
    Been through everything yesterday i played 9 games won 1 drew 6 lost 2. Better than last week i lost 8 out of 10 lol. I feel like i only enjoy playing friends because regardless if i lose i still enjoy the banter in the party