Commentator saying random things

Silky_Seward
442 posts Sunday League Hero
Over the past few days I have noticed that the commentator has been saying things randomly.

Whilst passing the ball forward in the middle of the field, he mentions something random about a corner kick.

Also telling me I had some games left to escape relegation when I know I was on my last game of the ten matches.

Any one else noticed any strange or random comments?

Comments

• CaptainDan-
    1887 posts Fans' Favourite
    I get sick of him making the same damn comment about how well bergkamp recieves the ball 3 times a game every game!!
  • KD240792
    987 posts Professional
    Well that's why he get's called fishy, cause he loves the chips.
  • silverdale10
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2017
    I turned the commentary off a few weeks ago after I realised I was getting triggered by constant praise of the AI goalkeeper making impossible saves "He had no right to save that" twice a game or criticizing my "poor concentration" etc. when I've just been a victim of BS or saying it was a clear foul and the ref had no option but to give a penalty when the replay shows there was no contact whatsoever or any attempt to make a tackle.

At least twice a game there was some commentary line that had nothing to do with what was happening on the pitch, I've had the line about the player looking the keeper in the eye when its' my left back receiving a pass deep in his own half, I've regularly had the commentators suddenly flip back into praising the goal scorer again for a 2nd time as if the ball has just hit the back of the net after the re-start.

If there's bugs like that in the commentary, which reveal themselves as being very obvious bugs, then it stands to reason there's as many bugs in the actual game. It gets worse every year. The more they add, the more of a mess the code becomes. The amount of patches they do is proof of that.
  • lad33
    543 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My favourite is the commentary that tells you what a good goal it is... before it actually goes in!

No, clearly no scr****** involved.
  • Blytz
    228 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    My favourite is "Rui Costa, he won't lose the ball" as he passes it to the opponent......
  • silverdale10
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    The wrong type of description being played for a goal seems to happen more often than a correct one. If the ball bobbles in apologetically, it's almost guaranteed that Alan Smith will have orgasms over an unstoppable shot.
  • Schmucke13
    196 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The commentators in Spanish rule 75% of goals like an own goal... This is really annoying ... Also they call out goals before they happen, but there is nothing fishy in the game... It's all in our heads right @DaveSaves ?
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Sorry, who are you?
  • Chubz
    3249 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2017
    or when it bounces off players and the post 5 times in a row and says "what a well worked goal" or something trashy like that.
  • Legend Killer
    1746 posts Play-Off Hero
    Blytz wrote: »
    My favourite is "Rui Costa, he won't lose the ball" as he passes it to the opponent......

This. Plus this one: "Rui Costa with controlled possession shall we say"... then gets tackled on the third touch
  • Atreyu
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Or when the proclaim that there is 3 minutes extra time when there actually is 2 minutes. Or simular. Hard not to get mindfucked and løse koncentration which is crucial in the dying minutes of either the half or full time.
  • Murf1985
    1038 posts Professional
    This lad reminds be of Barry Horne.
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Sorry, who are you?

nurse itsu?
  • Aspral
    3797 posts National Call-Up
    Most annoying for me is "Well this player is not known for his heading" when it's someone who scores a ton of header irl