his lack of pace and height kinda worries me

Bailly will be the other cb btw

Comments

• mihain247
    1599 posts Play-Off Hero
    This is what is wrong with this game ffs
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1289 posts Professional
    He has 74 sprint speed, PLENTY. He has 93 jumping, he'll win most headers.

He has good reactions, nice agility which is really important.

He will do fine.
  • Dharps19
    1296 posts Play-Off Hero
    74 sprint speed is slow?
  • Gorda
    3892 posts National Call-Up
    I checked his card before didnt like it, i think he had low strength and/or aggression and weird workrates.
  • Shehraj
    5743 posts Big Money Move
    mihain247 wrote: »
    Dharps19 wrote: »
    74 sprint speed is slow?

Pacewhore
  • Metalfly
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero
    74 sprint speed isn't slow but I suppose when everybody has Hunter on their attackers then he's constantly facing players with 95+ Sprint Speed, so it might be a weakness, even if you put Shadow on him he's not going to be able to catch someone like Jesus if they get behind him.

Thiago Silva is a very classy player irl, his reading of the game, calmness under pressure and anticipation are incredible. However none of that translate well into FIFA, taller, stronger and faster defenders such as Manolas will be way better to use.
  • CURCC-FTW
    764 posts An Exciting Prospect
    74 sprint speed is slow?

it is tho when you are constantly facing 88+ pace strikers/wingers.
  • Shehraj
    CURCC-FTW wrote: »
    74 sprint speed is slow?

it is tho when you are constantly facing 88+ pace strikers/wingers.

Realistically, if a pacey striker is through you are never going to catch him with your centre backs. Bailly is no match for martial even with shadow for example. Silva's stats are really solid tbh, with a shadow he should be alright
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    I don't remember seeing him ever, like EVER in WL

That should tell you something. Although I've seen so few french league defenses in general.
  • LittleAnt
    1201 posts Professional
    Metalfly wrote: »
    74 sprint speed isn't slow but I suppose when everybody has Hunter on their attackers then he's constantly facing players with 95+ Sprint Speed, so it might be a weakness, even if you put Shadow on him he's not going to be able to catch someone like Jesus if they get behind him.

Thiago Silva is a very classy player irl, his reading of the game, calmness under pressure and anticipation are incredible. However none of that translate well into FIFA, taller, stronger and faster defenders such as Manolas will be way better to use.

If most attacking players have ‘95 pace’ then no one can keep up with them
  • Shehraj
    LittleAnt wrote: »
    Metalfly wrote: »

If most attacking players have ‘95 pace’ then no one can keep up with them

this. Its all about not giving them the break
  • DSmith
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    Pace is important for defenders however agility, interceptions and reactions are probably more important.

A lot of the time defenders turn like a bus thus the attacker is already away and even with Bailly and Shadow you're not getting back but if the defender is agile they don't get caught out as much in the first place therefore aren't having to chase as much.

I use SIF Mustafi and Bailly and yes Bailly looks more superhuman when chasing players down but the big thing I notice is Mustafi doesn't need to chase them as he seems to always be in the right place at the right time despite him being slow in comparison. I feel like with Bailly I'm constantly chasing players but with Mustafi I make so many interceptions before the ball even reaches the attacker.
  • He will be useless in WL as there will be no WL soon
  • Currieman
    5043 posts Big Money Move
    He will be good. He's strong and quick enough.
  • PelzyWelzy
    10626 posts Has That Special Something

• HelloDearie
    2685 posts Fans' Favourite

• Vinny1979
    6105 posts Big Money Move
    Biabiany and Sterling at CB solves this problem
  • Grousey
    397 posts Sunday League Hero
    Been using him since week 1 and he's great.

Solid defensively and good on the ball for building from the back.

Anyone suggesting his pace is an issue definitely need to "git gud"
  • low pace, nty need 80+.
  • CURCC-FTW
    764 posts An Exciting Prospect
    thanks for all the suggestions .I finally ended up getting him

teams looks like this now :
    finalteam.png
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1289 posts Professional
    edited December 2017
    CURCC-FTW wrote: »
    thanks for all the suggestions .I finally ended up getting him

teams looks like this now :
    finalteam.png

You won't regret it, especially not considering you have one of the best CDM's in the game matched up with him.