Icons

Parth12008
1414 posts Professional
Can we expect them to ever decrease again? Can they ever go to as low as 300k again? And central icons will always remain around 600k? Can we see them going down in near future? With futmas, TOTGS and TOTY coming. Hope they release icons which are not that popular next week. What are your opinions on the price of icons?

Comments

• i2-TempZ-2i
    7958 posts League Winner
    No never and soon enough judging on the pack weight of icons the lower tier ones will become extinct unless they change the weight massively around Christmas/TOTY
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    edited December 2017
    If icons are again near 200k and 300k then SBCs are worth it again. You can get Carlos and Rio for 800k if icons are cheaper. Wanted to try LB Petit and RB puyol but don't want to spend almost 500k on them!
  • JigglySte
    3269 posts National Call-Up
    Parth12008 wrote: »
    If icons are again near 200k and 300k then SBCs are worth it again. You can get Carlos and Rio for 800k if icons are cheaper. Wanted to try LB Petit and RB puyol but don't want to spend almost 500k on them!

Why would you want to try puyol unless you move him to CB? Valencia, Walker, Florenzi, SIF Kimmich are all better
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    JigglySte wrote: »

Why would you want to try puyol unless you move him to CB? Valencia, Walker, Florenzi, SIF Kimmich are all better

Just to try him out. Too lazy to change formation so might have started him at CB or would have tried at RB only as there are not many better icons at RB. Wanted a full Icons team. Now waiting for TOTGS kimmich
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    Bump
  • limjitwe
    10087 posts Has That Special Something
    I’ve the exact same problem. I think the real problem is that the ICON drop rate is too low which keeps the prices HIGH

Else unless more TOTW, TOTY cards which closes the gap on the ratings and abilities over the next few months might make icons less desirable.

I
  • Djkhalid1921
    10589 posts Has That Special Something
    if what ur asking is will icons drop anytime soon, then no. dont expect anything before jan
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    if what ur asking is will icons drop anytime soon, then no. dont expect anything before jan

Yes was asking that their price will decrease in near future or not.
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class

• snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero

Not in the "near future" as, just like last year, they rose for a couple of week from the pre-BF low. Some peaked about this time and some dipped and went higher. If, and that's a BIG if, things go roughly like last year they should all collapse in price late January but no-one, other than EA employees, has a crystal ball that can see that far in the future.

Basically, for now, you missed your chance.
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    snoikdonk wrote: »

Not in the "near future" as, just like last year, they rose for a couple of week from the pre-BF low. Some peaked about this time and some dipped and went higher. If, and that's a BIG if, things go roughly like last year they should all collapse in price late January but no-one, other than EA employees, has a crystal ball that can see that far in the future.

Once they release Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Gullit and Maradona (any 1). Market will be crazy. They might require 3-5 icons and then Icons will never recover.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    They need to change the weight of the baby icons, increase their chance of getting packed. It's a joke that some baby icons are close to the middle/prime versions.
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    Retro_G wrote: »
    They need to change the weight of the baby icons, increase their chance of getting packed. It's a joke that some baby icons are close to the middle/prime versions.

Exactly
  • Oscaaaar
    1358 posts Professional
    edited December 2017

Once they release Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Gullit and Maradona (any 1). Market will be crazy. They might require 3-5 icons and then Icons will never recover.

Unsure about what you mean by the bold part, but if you mean that they will go down you are totally wrong. Judging by Henry requirements the prices will get even higher when the big boys are released.
  • IxToMxI
    8204 posts League Winner
    I’ve opened so many packs literally every promo I’ve opened every pack allowable via coins and FP all MM and all squad builders and still no blue flares I’ll stop opening packs as soon as I get blue flares that is literally all I want :(
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    Oscaaaar wrote: »

Unsure about what you mean by the bold part, but if you mean that they will go down you are totally wrong. Judging by Henry requirements the prices will get even higher when the big boys are released.

Icons will never recover as in even baby versions will cost 800-900k once elites will be released, Hype for elite icons will be much more than the supply of baby icons.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    I’ve opened so many packs literally every promo I’ve opened every pack allowable via coins and FP all MM and all squad builders and still no blue flares I’ll stop opening packs as soon as I get blue flares that is literally all I want :(

Now EA know that, they've no reason to ever give you a blue card. :D
  • xFATAL
    5485 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2017
    They will stay somewhat expensive all year since they're needed for the Prime versions. And we still have the really expensive ones coming that will need several Icons.
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    xFATAL wrote: »
    They will stay somewhat expensive all year since they're needed for the Prime versions. And we still have the really expensive ones coming that will need several Icons.

They could just ask for 87/88/89 rated squad with 5/6/7 special cards? something like this to avoid asking for icons.
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move

They could just ask for 87/88/89 rated squad with 5/6/7 special cards? something like this to avoid asking for icons.

They could but they won't.
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    JamieT96 wrote: »

Well it could make things very easy for people with red cards but it is the only option i can think of which they can use except icons.
  • xFATAL
    5485 posts Big Money Move
    JamieT96 wrote: »

Well it could make things very easy for people with red cards but it is the only option i can think of which they can use except icons.

They're not going to make it easy to get Ronaldo, Maradona, Guillet and Pele based off the Henry requirements.
  • DSmith
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    IxToMxI wrote: »

Same here. I've promised myself no more FP's too based on the fact my packs from FP's have been nothing short of disgusting and only good pulls came from SBC's therefore I'll never have the buzz of the blue flare.