The sweaty scrubs can have their game

MarkusG
379 posts Sunday League Hero
edited December 2017
Wow this game is absolutely garbage. The YouTube, 4321, park the bus sheep can have this game.

It's the same BS every game. Same formation. Same players. Same tactics. Same over powered shots. Same goals. As soon as my opponent reaches my box, you just know the over powered low driven shot that the keeper barely saves is coming, either that or the long shot that always goes in.

I either do the exact same thing or quit the game. So I'm done.

This game is one of the worst games I've ever played.

Comments

• Macca77
    1787 posts Fans' Favourite
    Everyone’s entitled to chose their own team mate, so perhaps your better off playing something else if you can’t adapt and come up with a way to play against it? Too many people on here moan about how other people play or who they play with. I just play and worry about my own game not my opponents.
  • Nokesy28
    678 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ptb players are generally poor and 1 dimension, learn to defend counters abit better and you’ll eventually break through. Whenever I play a good player it’s usually a good end to end contest
  • Pxul_
    7483 posts League Winner
    MarkusG wrote: »
    Wow this game is absolutely garbage. The YouTube, 4321, park the bus sheep can have this game.

It's the same BS every game. Same formation. Same players. Same tactics. Same over powered shots. Same goals. As soon as my opponent reaches my box, you just know the over powered low driven shot that the keeper barely saves is coming, either that or the long shot that always goes in.

great summary of the game it is the realest post ive seen
  • JohnMoore
    302 posts Sunday League Hero
    Macca77 wrote: »
    Everyone’s entitled to chose their own team mate, so perhaps your better off playing something else if you can’t adapt and come up with a way to play against it? Too many people on here moan about how other people play or who they play with. I just play and worry about my own game not my opponents.

well said
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    1893 posts Play-Off Hero
    I don’t care who I play or what they try to abuse, I solely focus on my own game and try to adapt and improve, even if that means joining the flock slightly, these moaning threads are really boring now
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    If it's the same thing every time then surely you'd learn how to beat it or, at the very least, defend against it. Wait, you covered that actually you "do the exact same thing" rather than learn. It's the game fault for allowing this though, right? Not your ability or capability.
  • Macca77 wrote: »

Exactly my thoughts, well said.
  • Macca77
    Only thing I think when I look at my opponents team is I’ll have to play well to win this one. And it spurs me on to play well and battle. If you get beat well you look at why and try something different next time.
  • Whoman
    5305 posts Big Money Move
    3NG wrote: »
    If it's the same thing every time then surely you'd learn how to beat it or, at the very least, defend against it. Wait, you covered that actually you "do the exact same thing" rather than learn. It's the game fault for allowing this though, right? Not your ability or capability.

he didn't complain about loosing but about boredom. It's funny how "you people" never understand this difference when riding into these thread guns blazing.
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    Whoman wrote: »
    3NG wrote: »

he didn't complain about loosing but about boredom. It's funny how "you people" never understand this difference when riding into these thread guns blazing.

He didn't complain about boredom but playing the same thing over and over again. It's funny how "you people" lack comprehension when riding into these threads guns blazing

Not once did he mention boredom. Mentioned how he quits whilst he plays the same formation and team over and over again. Can guarantee I've played more games than the OP has and I don't have this complaint but no, as you, most likely, share the same views as the OP you'll just disregard every other opinion.
  • Macca77
    I use a prem side like I have done for years. When I get matched up against people who have cr7 and bale etc in their team I don’t moan cos I can’t afford them players I look forward to the challenge. Cos just cos they have them players they still have to win. Them players don’t make the player good they help but that’s it. If the player has no skill then they won’t just win cos of the team they have. Same goes to those who have their sweaty prem sides like me. We still have to play the game just like everyone else. As said above if we all play the same then surely that must be so easy to play against and f you know what we’re all going to do lol
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    Figure out what you care to deal with and what you don't.

I played a ton of weekend leagues last year and stressed over them a bit. This year after a few weekend leagues and realizing everyone I came up against were sweaty, win at all costs teams that made the game less enjoyable - I decided to stop playing weekend league and just concentrate on having fun building squads, playing squad battles and doing the occasional online season game when I felt like it.

It's made for a decidedly less stressful year playing and I am enjoying the game. I bronze pack method so I have plenty of coins without the extra 30-40k (I was Gold 2/3) from weekend league each weekend - and as a bonus I actually go do things on the weekend like movies, concerts, and generally am less stressed.

No reason to go through life forcing yourself to do things you don't enjoy.
  • ICUP
    3909 posts National Call-Up
    Dont mind 4-3-2-1. I usually kept my FB's on balance and one midfielder on Stay back. Now it seems everyone has the FB's on Stayback and all CM's on Stay back, launching the ball upfront for the L2 dribble and pull back barrage eventually finishing it off with a driven shot
  • tzinc
    1574 posts Play-Off Hero
    EA essentially forces you to play a certain way because that is how they programmed it.
    Certain moves work. Certain formations work. Certain players work. It would be better if they programmed it so all moves formations players could be used but they did not.
  • 20xManUtd
    75 posts Park Captain
    Watch out for my 4-5-1 guide coming soon, it smash's 4-3-2-1 and all narrow formations. I got sick of playing against the same formation, so i tried all different formations to beat it, i have used it succesfully over 2 weekend leagues, and the narrow formations have no answer, the people that use that formation can only play one way, once you figure out how to beat that there game is up.
  • Aspral
    3378 posts National Call-Up
    Seasons doesn't force you but the WL 100% forces you to use certain players, use pace and play a certain way.

The game is pace based so much, not even close to being more human controlled than AI controlled and most games are decided on who can exploit things more than the other person.

Kick offs are ruined, matchmaking is ruined, the game is heavily AI assisted and most of the time any idiot can go on PTB and the AI will help them stay in the game against the much better player so EA don't lose the mindless sheep in revenue
  • tzinc
    1574 posts Play-Off Hero
    EA needs the game to be a certain way because that way is the way that will result in the MOST FIFA POINTS being sold ... they have a formula
  • Alex_cr
    4254 posts National Call-Up
    Are all you guys elite level or top 100? I finish in the golds and I'm happy with that playing my own style. 433 (4), fullbacks set on always overlap, plenty of skilling from my wingers, lots of different style finishes.

You see, if you're not super competitive, which I can only assume you are not based on the fact you're annoyed by people who are, then you don't have to play the generic system. Also when you do win you can take delight in beating the 'meta' 'OP' players!
  • Wi1son73
    1984 posts Fans' Favourite
    ICUP wrote: »
    Dont mind 4-3-2-1. I usually kept my FB's on balance and one midfielder on Stay back. Now it seems everyone has the FB's on Stayback and all CM's on Stay back, launching the ball upfront for the L2 dribble and pull back barrage eventually finishing it off with a driven shot

Why because the YouTubers like OVY have that in there videos....
    I have tried all these stupid instructions/custom tactics...
    It’s better of left balanced or tweek a few players to suit you’re game play, not the online YT’s
  • Mutu10gol
    2460 posts Fans' Favourite

you are right,but just try 4-4-2(2), is a dream against this shi.
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1174 posts Professional
    Online play is one dimensional its literally the same teams over and over again, everyone copies each others guides that alone tells you how much of a mess the game is and everyone plays 4321 or 41212(2) my advice avoid online completely and play squad battles and single player seasons dont give these scruffs the satisfaction of **** you off its not worth it let them play each other and leave these scrubs to it.

Just like defending in this game everyone wants their hands held its as simple as that.
  • Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    I get an alright variety of opponents. No where near the level of 'same' players, posted by some. I might screenshot all of my opponents, during this WL.

Tbf, with the cutback goals, you notice then more than most others. Conceding that way stick out in my mind for a good few games. I could concede 4-6 others and not remember any of them.
  • Nankatsu
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    20xManUtd wrote: »
    Watch out for my 4-5-1 guide coming soon, it smash's 4-3-2-1 and all narrow formations. I got sick of playing against the same formation, so i tried all different formations to beat it, i have used it succesfully over 2 weekend leagues, and the narrow formations have no answer, the people that use that formation can only play one way, once you figure out how to beat that there game is up.
    @20xManUtd can you share the PI and CT so that we can try?

• D3ATHSQUAD wrote: »
    Figure out what you care to deal with and what you don't.

I played a ton of weekend leagues last year and stressed over them a bit. This year after a few weekend leagues and realizing everyone I came up against were sweaty, win at all costs teams that made the game less enjoyable - I decided to stop playing weekend league and just concentrate on having fun building squads, playing squad battles and doing the occasional online season game when I felt like it.

It's made for a decidedly less stressful year playing and I am enjoying the game. I bronze pack method so I have plenty of coins without the extra 30-40k (I was Gold 2/3) from weekend league each weekend - and as a bonus I actually go do things on the weekend like movies, concerts, and generally am less stressed.

No reason to go through life forcing yourself to do things you don't enjoy.

What's the bronze pack method??
  • Boommaametw3
    1661 posts Play-Off Hero

Ptb is easy to beat. Reduce your mentality to balanced or defensive. Then pass and use L1(close dribbling) to look and make a safe pass. Your opponents not getting the ball, he will manually approach you and tackle you then you pounce. Also after scoring first, pass among your defenders and let him come to you and score again. Don't just sprint and run into the bus and gift him a counter.
    Ptb is easy but i struggle against who play 100 pressure,100 aggresion and ultra attacking
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    It's sad that a sports game has developed such a meta
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    Whilst your post has some truth, you need to adapt and read the play. I am not a particularly good player, but am getting around 18 WL wins each week, ironicaly for some of the reasons you outline, as the vast majority of players play one way.

Not so much PTB, but more only attacking one way, namely trying to bundle or 1-2 the ball down the middle or hare me down all over the pitch with their whippets up front like Jesus or that Mexican Icon. It’s so rare I play anybody who tries anything different I always wonder if they might be in slight shock playing my 4411 where I play down the wings. Had a few hate messages recently so maybe that’s why.
  • They Caged Non
    4329 posts National Call-Up
    I think I have clocked up about 120 games so far, I reckon about 3-4 were against other leagues outside the Prem, I’d say 90% of those had Bakayoko playing (who Chelsea fans have called the worst player they have ever seen) and I reckon around 75% were 4321.

So I can’t do anything else but agree with most of the OPs comments, it’s just the same right stick flicking left to right up the pitch then low shot that your keeper dives over. The only difference being that the higher the division the better people are at doing it.
  • Notformeclive
    2336 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good for you, the content and graphics are amazing but unfortunately the game itself is utterly ridiculous.
    I have played football games 25 years ago which felt like a more realistic and rewarding experience, players just smashing the ball around at 100mph (driven pass lol) until they can spam a "driven shot" from an unrealistic position (and more than likely not even facing towards the goal).
    When you have the ball you have to contend with people just sprinting at you (dear EA sprinting into someone and knocking them over does not constitute a tackle), pushing, pulling, off the ball NFL blocking on runners and unpunished tackles from behind.
    The whole thing is completely rancid.

I will probably play a bit more to acquire a card (for my OCD), then I'm definitely joining you.