Al Soma SBC - Yes or No?

Manda1997
1712 posts Play-Off Hero
Thinking of doing the SBC, looks like a great player to use and doesn’t cost all that much

Anybody used him and could help me decide whether or not to go through with it?

Comments

• JamieT96
    6742 posts Big Money Move
    He's great. Tall, strong, decent pace and 4* 4*.

Well worth the money seeing as you can basically do him for free with the packs back.
  • Nervous_Nick
    3314 posts National Call-Up
    yes but only if you plan to use him as a super sub.
  • Zv1k0
    4575 posts National Call-Up
    Do it even if you wont use him. You can do it for free if you take your time and open tons of bronze packs. Put him in other sbc later if you dont like him.
  • Ace_Calhoune
    862 posts Professional
    I got hi after I sold 88 kluivert. He’s in a team with icons so Chem is fine. He’s very good. Nearly up there with kluivert for me just not quite but for 100k its a good price. Plus you get 20k back and whatever you pack. He ended up costing me about 60k in the end
  • gia
    3130 posts National Call-Up
    has there ever been a consistently more overrated (by EA in terms of rating) player?
    international reputation 2* as well :D
  • shamheff1989
    2438 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm trying to convince myself to do it. Hate popping too much into untradeable players but 120k (at the current time) is quite manageable.
  • Manda1997
    1712 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ok so just did these on web app so I could use an excel sheet to quickly add up player prices, and all-in-all, the 14 SBCs only cost me 75k after getting the 20k reward back - and I'm still yet to open all the gold packs as I'm going to wait for TOTGS

None of them cost over 10,000c as for nearly every team I was able to remove the most expensive players and just use bronze players worth <400c

Can't see how this SBC isn't worth it based on what I've spent. Al Soma looks phenomenal and I could potentially make a profit of getting him (although realistically I'll pack nothing and will probably end up spending around 65k overall)

Now I can't wait to try him out :blush:
  • JamieT96
    Manda1997 wrote: »
    Ok so just did these on web app so I could use an excel sheet to quickly add up player prices, and all-in-all, the 14 SBCs only cost me 75k after getting the 20k reward back - and I'm still yet to open all the gold packs as I'm going to wait for TOTGS

None of them cost over 10,000c as for nearly every team I was able to remove the most expensive players and just use bronze players worth <400c

Can't see how this SBC isn't worth it based on what I've spent. Al Soma looks phenomenal and I could potentially make a profit of getting him (although realistically I'll pack nothing and will probably end up spending around 65k overall)

Now I can't wait to try him out :blush:

He's great, I also did Cavani and Al Soma is so much better, he's on a different level to Cavani.

I'm also waiting for Friday to open my packs, down about 50k right now. I'd have paid that for him in a heartbeat anyway so doesn't matter if I pack nothing.
  • Agreed, Al Soma great, Cavani bad.
  • EisenErmin
    2175 posts Fans' Favourite
    AreGrande wrote: »
    Agreed, Al Soma great, Cavani bad.

Completely agree on Al Soma, but Cavani is even better. He is so so good if you play him to is strenght:
    Heading, passing, Finishing, longshots, positioning (he is always there for the final pass) are out of this world. The only way someone could not love his card, is when you rely on pace only. Other than that he is perfect and honestly 80+ pace is more than enough. Its really sad that all these pace noobs dont like players with less than 90 pace.
  • JamieT96
    EisenErmin wrote: »

Completely agree on Al Soma, but Cavani is even better. He is so so good if you play him to is strenght:
    Heading, passing, Finishing, longshots, positioning (he is always there for the final pass) are out of this world. The only way someone could not love his card, is when you rely on pace only. Other than that he is perfect and honestly 80+ pace is more than enough. Its really sad that all these pace noobs dont like players with less than 90 pace.

I find Al Soma way better than Cavani.
  • Alexrb89
    1309 posts Professional
    Cavani has been fantastic for me. I don’t play sweaty so he fits my play style and bangs in goals for fun. He has a better record than CR7 in goal to game ratio
  • EisenErmin wrote: »

Pace noobs? Al Soma and Cavani both have 82 pace. I didn't like Cavani last year, and I didn't like him this year. Which is a shame, because I play both Neymar and OTW Mbappe. Would rather have Al Soma on 3 chem than Cavani on 10.