The gameplay forces me to play Sheep 41212 (2)

Lordhumpe
335 posts Sunday League Hero
I have allways played wingplay formations, because i like to use fast Wingers etc.

But im just so sick and tired of losing to those Narrow formations.

Last game i played 4411, I was under 0-3 at the 50th min, I got so f.... Mad at the opponet and switched to 41212 (2) in rage and spammed the 1-2 passes.

He didnt get one shot at my goal after the change and i won 4-3. I was all over him.

After that i sold my wings and changed gameplay. Now it's my turn to win.

End of story.

Comments

• EsteveGM
    224 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You need to be a really good player to make wingers work on this game imo. Shame really.

If you like wingplay, you could also try the 5-2-1-2 formation. Plays just like the 4-1-2-1-2 in attack but you have wingbacks rather than full-backs, and they really push on and feel more like wingers to me.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • UoD
    436 posts Sunday League Hero
    As mentioned above, 4231 is good to use, assuming you know what you’re doing - but don’t switch in game like the rest of these guys, have some pride and take the hit on Chem.

I hit Elite 3 this weekend, probs could have got El2 but got screwed by my GK in a few games.
  • Ricky2610
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I changed up from 41212(2) to 4411 and won so many more games in WL, must suit my style more, I found it easier to keep possession whilst playing good football, had lots of rage quits due to the domination
  • Owls4everr
    243 posts Sunday League Hero
    The best players switch between 41212 and 4231.

It’s no difference to real life if the formation isn’t working just tweak it.
  • Lordhumpe
    UoD wrote: »
    As mentioned above, 4231 is good to use, assuming you know what you’re doing - but don’t switch in game like the rest of these guys, have some pride and take the hit on Chem.

I hit Elite 3 this weekend, probs could have got El2 but got screwed by my GK in a few games.

I will certenly not pause the game for chemistry
  • UoD
    436 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lordhumpe wrote: »
    UoD wrote: »

I will certenly not pause the game for chemistry

Good on you.
  • IxToMxI
    5992 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah try 4231 as mentioned it is decent as mentioned above wider mids play like wingers
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    Play OP narrow formation against some other OP narrow formation, yay so much fun.
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    maksi wrote: »
    Play OP narrow formation against some other OP narrow formation, yay so much fun.

• BFC CLARETTRICK
    1182 posts Professional
    The assisted passing is ridiculous it takes no thought at all this is what happens when ea cater to people with no football brain and no thumbs but i won't be like them I've always used wide formations i don't need to spam 1 two passes and place my whole team in the middle and let the ai defend for me.

The only people that play that way are the same people that abuse fifa every year and they watch youtube videos because they suck at the game its just like the passing these people want their hands held none stop scruffs.
  • PibeV14
    769 posts Semi-Pro
    The "new role" or good coding of full backs has made a whole new version of 41212-2. I play both of them on balanced, and you can actually play some proper football and be effective at the same time.

• Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    I played 41212 2 today for the first time this Fifa, needless to say it was good, just dominated through the middle
  • PibeV14
    769 posts Semi-Pro
    Only thing that annoys me is RCM and CAM constantly switching positions.
  • amit37
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2017
    I think the reason people playing narrow is becouse of the camera settings and becouse you cant see all your players movment its a huge mess.

Unless EA fix this people will keep playing narrow unrealstic tactics.
    I cant think how many times i lost the ball passing to my wingers becouse i had no clue they start a run to the box or on the line...

Co op camera is very hard to play with so the game is in dead end atm imho.
  • IxToMxI
    5992 posts Big Money Move
    amit37 wrote: »
    I think the reason people playing narrow is becouse of the camera settings and becouse you cant see all your players movment its a huge mess.

Unless EA fix this people will keep playing narrow unrealstic tactics.
    I cant think how many times i lost the ball passing to my wingers becouse i had no clue they start a run to the box or on the line...

Co op camera is very hard to play with so the game is in dead end atm imho.

Agreed, the Co op camera gives the birds eye view but you are to far away to actually be able to see :/
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Came here expecting to see a formation in the shape of a sheep. Have left disappointed
  • Lordhumpe

Well, its better than getting your **** whooped over and over.
  • maksi
    PibeV14 wrote: »
    free form

• DeanoZoff
    4350 posts National Call-Up
    I play 4411 with my RM on 8 chem and a cm on 7 chem.

Got 18-10 this weekend, first WL this year. Should have done a lot better too.

Nothing better than smashing these people with wing play.

41212 sucks the fun out of fifa. Ping pong passing.
  • maksi
    edited December 2017
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    it's too inconsistent, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, narrow ping pong passing works every game

also it actually take skill to attack through the wings, you don't need it playing direct with narrow formation
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    free form

This is not what causes that. On both free form and stick to position the CAM is often defending for you as RCM, while your RCM is in the middle of their box. It's a known bug with the formation.
  • Wi1son73
    2281 posts Fans' Favourite
    41212(2) was the formation I play ok at.. not sure if formations are kinda affected by updates, as I changed to 3421 (with a new team) loved it.. then i let in as much goals as I scored.. played a more defensive formation 5221.. but I felt it was boring... now after the last patch I thought I’ll give it a try again with my new team... wow it feels good and don’t feel exposed.. Love it now

• PibeV14
    769 posts Semi-Pro
    edited December 2017
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    it's too inconsistent, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, narrow ping pong passing works every game

also it actually take skill to attack through the wings, you don't need it playing direct with narrow formation

Last year I constantly made elite w cheap 433-2 teams.
    These year wing formations just aren't as effective. At least for me.
  • maksi
    edited December 2017
    This is not what causes that. On both free form and stick to position the CAM is often defending for you as RCM, while your RCM is in the middle of their box. It's a known bug with the formation.
    because AI is stupid sometimes and it doesn't defend the space and follow the ball/player (if your opponent is using free form)

• maksi
    edited December 2017
    These year wing formations just aren't as effective. At least for me.
    nerfed shielding is a part of it, if you try to dribble in the box you get bullied so you have to pass and look for the openings (like in handball)

• Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    The "new role" or good coding of full backs has made a whole new version of 41212-2. I play both of them on balanced, and you can actually play some proper football and be effective at the same time.

• Onedoesntsimply
    2064 posts Fans' Favourite
    Having used a lot of formations this year, I definitely think that 41212 (2) is the most effective. Anything with wingers is generally pointless - LM/RM are too far back, LW/RW are too far wide and LF/RF are miles ahead of midfield. Having a CAM and two strikers is by far the best since its a tight, but not too isolated, triangle.
  • mihain247
    1428 posts Play-Off Hero
    I love stretching your 41212s with my False 9. That mid is so helpless especially when I man mark your 1 2 target hahahaha
  • yea ive tried tons of formations that ones just to good