Negative play the way forward

BWild
3119 posts National Call-Up
This is the first weekend I've had the time to play all 40 games and I'm coming to a sad realization. The games that I struggle the most in are the ultra low pressure anti-FIFA players. They sit 7 in their 18 and just control a midfield/forward and run around. They'll never control a defender and happily defend a 1-0 lead for 60+ minutes.

I fear that that's the future for all fifa players. Do as little as you can and hope your opponent messes up.

Comments

• FatZed
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    Yeh I found the AI blocking and keepers bailing people out at an all time high. I had a majority that were very poor one sided connections though which didn't help when I played. What I don't get is how useless my own AI is and I can barely make a tackle manually or they get the ball back but letting the AI do it all and literally doing nothing works for these scrubs. Then they sprint around for the standard sweaty goal while I am there struggling to player switch and track a straight line runner with my 'slow' players.

Honestly this FIFA I have never lost to so many poor to very poor players. I am embarrassed at the gameplay. Even in good gameplay they are bailed out and hand held to the degree where they are still in games or even ahead when they should be dusted by halftime
  • BWild
    FatZed wrote: »
    Yeh I found the AI blocking and keepers bailing people out at an all time high. I had a majority that were very poor one sided connections though which didn't help when I played. What I don't get is how useless my own AI is and I can barely make a tackle manually or they get the ball back but letting the AI do it all and literally doing nothing works for these scrubs. Then they sprint around for the standard sweaty goal while I am there struggling to player switch and track a straight line runner with my 'slow' players.

Honestly this FIFA I have never lost to so many poor to very poor players. I am embarrassed at the gameplay. Even in good gameplay they are bailed out and hand held to the degree where they are still in games or even ahead when they should be dusted by halftime

While heartedly agree. It just leads to more frustration than anything else.
  • ImmigrantMentality
    5864 posts Big Money Move
    good defending = automatically ptb+ultra d.

why can't people just except that some people are good at defending? why is the game always broken when you can't score? there's so little ai intervention in this game i honestly don't get what people are complaining about. shots already go through defenders more often than they should. if someone keeps a clean sheet against me they almost certainly earned it. think i didn't score in one game out of 40 this weekend, so claiming defense is all ai is just nonsense.
  • BWild

why can't people just except that some people are good at defending? why is the game always broken when you can't score? there's so little ai intervention in this game i honestly don't get what people are complaining about. shots already go through defenders more often than they should. if someone keeps a clean sheet against me they almost certainly earned it. think i didn't score in one game out of 40 this weekend, so claiming defense is all ai is just nonsense.

Because I can visually see who he is controlling.... The players I struggle against sit very deep and don't control their defenders. Yes, I should be able to pass more efficiently when I get into his final 3rd, but I'm not a tiki taka type player.
  • TimRUFC
    3219 posts National Call-Up

Amen to that
  • Heshyooo
    413 posts Sunday League Hero

"There is so little AI intervention in this game" LOOOOOOL nah
  • Alex_cr
    3687 posts National Call-Up
    No, these are the easiest teams to play. You just need to know how to defend too.

All they are doing his hitting you on the counter. Unless they are really good then that's not difficult to stop. Don't engage the player making the pass, engage look to cut the pass out. I've said before even if the pass isn't on because you've cut out the line these players will play it anyway because they have learnt just one way to play. Trust me, you'll find it effective.

Who have you got up attacking wise?
  • ez1907
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    edited December 2017
    Most of the players do the same,these days.Even in divisions..All they do is defending with 7 in their box,and turning around with the ball all the time and shooting from long range while attacking.

I was skipping my goals,before.But now i run near the camera and make push ups celebration,then let them watch all my goals,because they became very frustrating this year.

• Knowlesdinho
    9172 posts League Winner
    edited December 2017
    BWild wrote: »
    This is the first weekend I've had the time to play all 40 games and I'm coming to a sad realization. The games that I struggle the most in are the ultra low pressure anti-FIFA players. They sit 7 in their 18 and just control a midfield/forward and run around. They'll never control a defender and happily defend a 1-0 lead for 60+ minutes.

I fear that that's the future for all fifa players. Do as little as you can and hope your opponent messes up.

I don't play W/L because I can't stand playing people like this. It's sad that it's in divisions now too.

I've played several games against people in divs where I've been 2 up and still they sit with 8 men in their own half. I played 1 guy and unless I went a third into his half, he never approached me to try get the ball. I was winning 3-1.

It's almost like they have no idea if the initial game plan doesn't work!
  • BWild
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    No, these are the easiest teams to play. You just need to know how to defend too.

All they are doing his hitting you on the counter. Unless they are really good then that's not difficult to stop. Don't engage the player making the pass, engage look to cut the pass out. I've said before even if the pass isn't on because you've cut out the line these players will play it anyway because they have learnt just one way to play. Trust me, you'll find it effective.

I need to focus on not conceding early. A lot of these games they score in the first 10 minutes and then play incredibly conservative for the next 80 and I can't break him down.

In game my team becomes:

41212(2)
    Bale-Aub
    Neymar
    Vidal-IF Goretzka
    IF Tolliso
    IF marcal - Boateng - Desailly - Carvjal
    Fahrmann

I don't blame the team at all, I actually quite like it. I just struggle to ping passes in the final third to open space when he bunkers down.
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    Let me get this: You are complaining about people defending with park the bus, but you are using a narrow 41212(2) formation?
    Stretch the team or start shooting from 20-25 meters. Don't complain about them outnumbering you and not finding space if all you do in attack through the centre.

• BWild
    SergiuLive wrote: »
    Let me get this: You are complaining about people defending with park the bus, but you are using a narrow 41212(2) formation?
    Stretch the team or start shooting from 20-25 meters. Don't complain about them outnumbering you and not finding space if all you do in attack through the centre.

I'm fully aware what he's doing is countering me. It's the same thing in real football. People don't like Mourinho's tactics, even though it's effective.

I played 4231 a lot last year, but haven't really used it much. That's probably my best bet. Have to get better at switching the play, and quicker passing.
  • Alex_cr
    Alex_cr wrote: »

I need to focus on not conceding early. A lot of these games they score in the first 10 minutes and then play incredibly conservative for the next 80 and I can't break him down.

In game my team becomes:

41212(2)
    Bale-Aub
    Neymar
    Vidal-IF Goretzka
    IF Tolliso
    IF marcal - Boateng - Desailly - Carvjal
    Fahrmann

I don't blame the team at all, I actually quite like it. I just struggle to ping passes in the final third to open space when he bunkers down.

The first thing I'd do is move Vidal to CDM. He is unbelievable at breaking play up. I played the wide version of this formation for a while and played him there.

• FinneganFach
    2103 posts Fans' Favourite

Being largely rubbish, I can easily tell the difference between struggling to score because the other person is just better at defending than I am attacking and finding a game dreadful because he's got pressure and aggression set to about 10 and refuses to leave his penalty area.

Even when you win against the latter it's absolutely effing tedious.

I'll defend most people's tactics in the game because there's no correct way to win and being a FIFA snob is pretty pointless.

But jesus the people with super, super deep defensive lines just smashing it long to Sane get on my breasts.

I mean, I'm a Leicester fan and I find it boring for chrissakes.
  • Shaanxz
    19570 posts World Class
    First goal is critical
  • Diggy
    12916 posts Has That Special Something
    Unfortunately the mentality in this game has turned from ‘I’m having fun & winning sometimes’ to ‘I’m not having fun but I am winning’
  • DobbyDooDah
    5697 posts Big Money Move

I don't play W/L because I can't stand playing people like this. It's sad that it's in divisions now too.

I've played several games against people in divs where I've been 2 up and still they sit with 8 men in their own half. I played 1 guy and unless I went a third into his half, he never approached me to try get the ball. I was winning 3-1.

It's almost like they have no idea if the initial game plan doesn't work!

I haven't touched WL this year and found this a few times. People would just run back and cover with a CAM or ST even when I was 2-0 up. I just stopped dead with my full back in possession until they come out to play.

• BuffonJuve93
    1168 posts Professional
    giphy.gif
  • BWild
    giphy.gif

Hey there stranger :blush:
  • MysticM
    1064 posts Professional
    Diggy wrote: »
    Unfortunately the mentality in this game has turned from ‘I’m having fun & winning sometimes’ to ‘I’m not having fun but I am winning’

Don't forget the, "I am not having fun and I will play as toxic as possible, me no fun, you no fun, hence why every men and his dog are dabbing and trying everything to make you quit the match, it will only get worse trust me, you lot havent seen/expierence **** yet, it will come step by step untill this game will trigger somebody to kill himself or the other player(if it hasnt happened allready), dont forget there are ppl who spend money on this game that they can NOT afford, they only need a push. .

This gamemode will only become more toxic, unless EA remove the BS from this game, what needs to happen for EA to remove the toxic elements from this game?, somebody kills himself or a other person in rage.

This game is not worth your or my time in its current state.
  • BuffonJuve93
    1168 posts Professional
    giphy.gif

Don't you remember me from FUT 10 forums? You used to have that dancing milk, you filthy Interista.
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6738 posts Big Money Move
    make sure you score your kick offs or you'll lose. it's an art and gamebreaking
  • anotherNewAcc
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    love the people that say people defend better even tho u know its the ai. i make at least 25 tackles a game and miss loads of tackles but when i see game stats and most of my opponents make less than 8 tackles in 90mins u know its ai. the worst part about the ai is how fast non controlled players appear to get back from corners when u break away. this even happens on squad battles
  • anotherNewAcc
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    i know the things i need to improve in my game but i like tackling. i usually finish gold 2 and dont finish all my games ever. not got time for 40 in the weekend.
  • BWild
    giphy.gif

Don't you remember me from FUT 10 forums? You used to have that dancing milk, you filthy Interista.

Lol of course I do. That's what I say when I haven't seen a friend in a while.

Also, I can't hear you all the way down there (a whole 2 points behind us) :lol:
  • Alex_cr
    love the people that say people defend better even tho u know its the ai. i make at least 25 tackles a game and miss loads of tackles but when i see game stats and most of my opponents make less than 8 tackles in 90mins u know its ai. the worst part about the ai is how fast non controlled players appear to get back from corners when u break away. this even happens on squad battles

That's your problem right there! You are making too many tackles. I know this is a game but remember what they always said about Rio Ferdinand? Hardly ever had to make a tackle because he read the game so well. Same applies here. Tackles are your last resort.
  • BuffonJuve93
    1168 posts Professional
    giphy.gif

Also, I can't hear you all the way down there (a whole 2 points behind us) :lol:

Which could probably change this weekend ;)
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    If you can't beat/break down people who park the bus than weekend league is not for you. Try online singles
  • BWild
    giphy.gif

Which could probably change this weekend ;)

It'll be a great clash. A little nervous for it, but we've played so much better than I ever expected this season that anything can happen :smiley:
  • BWild
    Blarix wrote: »
    If you can't beat/break down people who park the bus than weekend league is not for you. Try online singles

You're absolutely right, per usual. I'll probably focus on divisions until I can get better at attacking and breaking people down.

Where did you finish? I'd love some pointers.