Did you ever had to substitute your starting GK?

gxcpl
140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited December 2017
Did anybody ever have to substitute the starting GK? I play football games since FIFA 98/Winning Eleven 2000 and NEVER had to substitute my starting GK. It happened in Winning Eleven/PES to have my GK expelled from the game, but never had an injuried GK. Never.

In FIFA, I don't even remember having my GK expelled (or the CPU's GK), and I don't remember having a penalty kick caused by a GK, neither...

Comments

• RobPiz
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I want to say I have had penalties caused by a GK just to be safe but I can't think of a specific time... maybe you are right.

But regards to substituting GK.. nope never. I don't ever put a spare on the bench.
    I basically just sell everyone except my main one in career mode (otherwise they whinge that they arent playing) and scout a youth one to sit in reserves lol
  • gxcpl
    edited December 2017
    RobPiz wrote: »
    I want to say I have had penalties caused by a GK just to be safe but I can't think of a specific time... maybe you are right.

But regards to substituting GK.. nope never. I don't ever put a spare on the bench.
    I basically just sell everyone except my main one in career mode (otherwise they whinge that they arent playing) and scout a youth one to sit in reserves lol

I do the same thing! Haha
    But I had trouble with International Callings. They called both GKs (even my 70 rated Ivory Coast's backup!).

Once in Fifa 16, I scouted a GK and he was already rated 78 with 17 years old! I think he finished development at 89. Darren Wedderburn was his name.
  • gxcpl
    edited December 2017
    Once my GK was injured during practice, too. But never during a match.
  • JimmyD252
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    It's very rare but it does happen. I had it happen in my career mode last year. I was playing my second keeper in europa league and he got sent off and had to bring on my number 1. It prompts you to place an outfield player in goal or substitute one for your sub goalie. Doesn't seem to happen online though which it should
  • gxcpl
    JimmyD252 wrote: »
    It's very rare but it does happen. I had it happen in my career mode last year. I was playing my second keeper in europa league and he got sent off and had to bring on my number 1. It prompts you to place an outfield player in goal or substitute one for your sub goalie. Doesn't seem to happen online though which it should

How did it happened?? How did your GK got injuried??
  • JimmyD252
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I mis read the topic. Thought you meant having to use a substitute goalkeeper. No I don't think I've had one injured during a game
  • Sami1999
    224 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I often get Red card with my GK because I like to run around and slide the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ outta everyone.
  • squalles
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    the last time i´ve seen goalkeepers commit penalty or sent off is on fifa 16

even in pes don´t have it anymore
  • mmm1080
    79 posts Park Captain
    I have substituted my goalkeeper in the past, because he parried the ball to the opponent for the 2nd time in one game. It cost me the cup, so this fool had to leave the game (I know it's Fifa scripting of course).
  • gxcpl
    edited December 2017
    squalles wrote: »
    the last time i´ve seen goalkeepers commit penalty or sent off is on fifa 16

even in pes don´t have it anymore

The GKs are weird in FIFA... They are dumb and clumsy most of the time, but they are absolute gods on 1vs1 situations. Any GK playing for the CPU will perform the match of their lifes when playing against you, doesn't matter their rating.

They can read minds (so it makes nearly impossible to dribble them) and will ALWAYS know to what side you'll try to dribble. And they can even ignore the Newton's Laws and can just jump through your striker's flesh and grab the ball straight from their feet and it wil NEVER be a penalty.
    Post edited by gxcpl on
  • Never seen a GK sent of in this Fifa or the last one