The issue impacting players who are attempting to access FUT via the apps and console should now be resolved.

Prime Schmeichel opinions

trandaffir
632 posts Sunday League Hero
I noticed so many negative reviews about him, however, I faced him a few this WL and he was by far the best GK I ever faced this FIFA. He looks so strong and consistent compared to other keepers. I am thinking to give his SBC a try. Opinions?

Comments

• No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Decent. Never did anything outstanding for me, but didn’t make many mistakes either. De Gea is better though.

I have now used schmeichel in the Rio sbc
  • Ulook92
    14151 posts Has That Special Something
    Your coins. You clearly wanna do it so do it.
  • Ulook92
    14151 posts Has That Special Something
    maybe try the loan first
  • Ghoti
    724 posts Sunday League Hero
    You cant do loan.

Im gonna give him try he was "broken" like ppl say here but it seems that EA fix him
  • EddieFicio
    22121 posts Club Captain
    Gone into Henry
  • trandaffir
    It looks way better compared to NIF De Gea. Any other icon keeper that should I try?
  • chaser2k15
    13889 posts Has That Special Something
    Truly awful goalkeeper, used him for 45 games then put him in the roberto carlos prime icon sbc.
  • Shaqiri
    1393 posts Professional
    Prior to Henry killing icon prices I’m sure he’d have been well worth the 250k he was at, an untradeable keeper regardless of who just doesn’t appeal to me though. Even if it’s a United legend! You go for it though pal!
  • Olleman
    13325 posts Has That Special Something
    I hate when I see the loading screen in WL and a full Ion teams pops up, I work my way down his team and notice a cheky Prime Schmeichel in goal, my face then light up like the sun :) Take that how you will ;)
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    I really don’t understand how he doesn’t have the long throw trait
  • fluffymnuffy
    12770 posts Has That Special Something
    Olleman wrote: »
    I hate when I see the loading screen in WL and a full Ion teams pops up, I work my way down his team and notice a cheky Prime Schmeichel in goal, my face then light up like the sun :) Take that how you will ;)

I hate it more when full covalent teams pop up
  • trandaffir

What's his weakness? driven shots? finesse-driven shots?
  • JR
    8171 posts League Winner
    Do not do him, absolutely awful... De Gea is so much better
  • JBC03FC
    3336 posts National Call-Up
    He may have been patched, but I have had De Gea since start and tried Peter S loan, and there really is just no comparison.
    Peter S is food for the keeping god that is Yashin.
    Embrace it and enjoy the best keeper in any fifa ever in a silly hat!
  • Olleman
    13325 posts Has That Special Something
    trandaffir wrote: »

Can't save anything at the ground or longshots
  • WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something

Can't save anything at the ground or longshots

Can confirm, he's played 150 games for me. First full weekend league and he's got to go.

• Ghoti
    if you are gonna make later sbc with prime do him ;) in worst case you are gonna burn him in sbc
  • Wonderfulwest
    4772 posts National Call-Up
    His good for one or two howlers every game. When ever I see him in goal I just shot from anywhere and I end up winning by a big margin. They have really butuchered him
  • Cadey 5
    10938 posts Has That Special Something
    Mine done ago last 2 weeks think they patched him as prior to that he was useless makes some great saves now though.
  • Ghoti
    Cadey 5 wrote: »
    Mine done ago last 2 weeks think they patched him as prior to that he was useless makes some great saves now though.

chemistry?
  • Joestoe
    5842 posts Big Money Move
    It looks way better compared to NIF De Gea. Any other icon keeper that should I try?

I use Yashin and he's the best GK in the game IMO. Used both the 89 and the 91 and can say the 91 is a step up. I came up against Schmeichel and he kinda was dodgy at times. May do his SBC though, so I can use that card in the Henry or Crespo one once that one gets released.
  • Goldengraham09
    954 posts Professional
    i managed to finish the Prime Schmeichel SBC at the weekend.
    used my untradeable Scream ribery with the boost which helped haha.
    really looking forward to trying him.
    he is in goal behind David Luiz and Thiago Silva.
    overall cost me about 350k i would say.
  • I’ve done him because he was cheap for me to do and I can put him in the R9 SBC eventually. That 92 rating will be necessary. While I wouldn’t say he’s been awful so far I will say he hasn’t stood out. Handanovic and Ter Stegen were both much more consistent for me.
  • Eggchasers
    719 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I had Handanovic - got bored this weekend did a couple of Icon SBC's and I can safely say Schmeichel was immense for me.

I was happy with Handanovic, but some of the saves big Pete pulls out of his back pocket are insane, particularly when 1 on 1
  • Pauldejong6
    6936 posts Big Money Move
    I just finished Hagi, and did Rui Costa earlier. I have Ederson in goal since the start, I really like him, but I guess Schmeichel is cheap and his 92 rating should count for something lol? I'll start on him too, if he's truly terrible he just goes into another icon.
  • trandaffir
    JBC03FC wrote: »
    He may have been patched, but I have had De Gea since start and tried Peter S loan, and there really is just no comparison.
    Peter S is food for the keeping god that is Yashin.
    Embrace it and enjoy the best keeper in any fifa ever in a silly hat!
    Joestoe wrote: »

I use Yashin and he's the best GK in the game IMO. Used both the 89 and the 91 and can say the 91 is a step up. I came up against Schmeichel and he kinda was dodgy at times. May do his SBC though, so I can use that card in the Henry or Crespo one once that one gets released.

Did you try IF De Gea? Running with him atm but he's nothing special for me. Thinking of trying Yashin 91
  • ethnick
    5852 posts Big Money Move
    Good at most but lets every low driven shot in which sucks.
    Saves with feet trait is needed and is why fahrman is better.
  • trandaffir
    ethnick wrote: »
    Good at most but lets every low driven shot in which sucks.
    Saves with feet trait is needed and is why fahrman is better.

Talking about Schmeichel or Yashin?
  • Ben432
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Waste of coins in my opinion, he went into the henry sbc for me. He's good don't get me wrong, but there are so many better keepers for Way way cheaper
  • Legend Killer
    1089 posts Professional
    He has been pretty solid for me so far. As stated by others though, he will most likely be used for a future icon SBC.