The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Do an icon to get an icon?

Enigma8784
1823 posts Play-Off Hero
Hey folks

With potentially scream boost tonight would you advise doing Rui Costa to get an icon for future icons like Ronaldinho etc?

Could obviously use him until that point but seems a waste not using the screams and I feel they may not drop half as much as last time if they do boost.

Hope this rambling makes sense.

Comments

• Yermawfc
    2180 posts Fans' Favourite
    Totally mate and grab some packs into boot
  • Enigma8784
    1823 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yermawfc wrote: »

Thanks, I can’t see myself affording them any other way tbh. I could obviously sell the screams but then I could never afford an icon etc
  • Yermawfc
    2180 posts Fans' Favourite
    Enigma8784 wrote: »

Thanks, I can’t see myself affording them any other way tbh. I could obviously sell the screams but then I could never afford an icon etc

Play the long game, I'm still 100k away from completing Costa but only one squad left to do so bit of pack luck and might be done soon, I've already done overmars so hopefully a second icon might be enough for someone special...think will require more than two icons for dinho given what henry was
  • Jobiwan
    3464 posts National Call-Up
    Hey folks

With potentially scream boost tonight would you advise doing Rui Costa to get an icon for future icons like Ronaldinho etc?

Could obviously use him until that point but seems a waste not using the screams and I feel they may not drop half as much as last time if they do boost.

Yeah i did schmeichel just so i could get carlos...
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2017
    Yeah that's the only reason I have Rui Costa, just makes sense.
  • Enigma8784
    1823 posts Play-Off Hero
    JamieT96 wrote: »
    Yeah that's the only reason I have Rui Costa, just makes sense.
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    Hey folks

Yeah i did schmeichel just so i could get carlos...

Play the long game, I'm still 100k away from completing Costa but only one squad left to do so bit of pack luck and might be done soon, I've already done overmars so hopefully a second icon might be enough for someone special...think will require more than two icons for dinho given what henry was

Yeah thanks guys. The Henry one knocked me it was so expensive.

Can prob do the whole Rui tonight if boosts on.

Overmars would be good too but Rui is central so can be position changed more easily too
  • dave2121
    869 posts Semi-Pro
    edited December 2017
    Rui is great if you'll play him at CM, his shooting is good, but too inconsistent for CAM for me. I did him with the idea I'll use him later in an sbc, but he's really good and I'll have a hard time discarding him later (his traceable goes for 1M if that shows his class)
  • snejke
    437 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I used Rui Costa for already 200 games and i think i will never trade him because this card is too good! First i played him CAM and now CM.
  • Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    I'd also like to know this, the only sbc i will be doing is R9 way down the line, as i usually think sbcs are a waste, would it be worth to do Rui now and have an icon cam to use until I do it, or perhaps will the sbc's price drop later on too?
  • Enigma8784
    1823 posts Play-Off Hero
    dave2121 wrote: »
    Rui is great if you'll play him at CM, his shooting is good, but too inconsistent for CAM for me. I did him with the idea I'll use him later in an sbc, but he's really good and I'll have a hard time discarding him later (his traceable goes for 1M if that shows his class)

That’s good news as he would be playing in a 442.

Watch the no scream boost now lol
  • Zv1k0
    5971 posts Big Money Move
    snejke wrote: »
    I used Rui Costa for already 200 games and i think i will never trade him because this card is too good! First i played him CAM and now CM.

Same. I did his sbcs only for future icon but i dont know if I'll trade him in for anyone. I want that Henry though. He is god.
  • Lcfc
    2490 posts Fans' Favourite
    What card should I do then shemical or overmars as already done Rui
  • Jobiwan
    Lcfc wrote: »

I wouldnt trade in overmars for anyone so I'd do schmeichel if your just getting rid of him anyway...
  • Jobiwan
    Well i might for ronaldinho if hes needed but i probably wont be able to afford him anyway they'll need a team of icons and and 96 rated team or some ❤️❤️❤️❤️...
  • Enigma8784
    1823 posts Play-Off Hero

I wouldnt trade in overmars for anyone so I'd do schmeichel if your just getting rid of him anyway...

Schmeichal wouldn’t get chem as outfield though would he?
  • Jobiwan

Depends on the requirements i used him for r carlos as it just needed any icon
  • Lcfc

How good is overmars then? Is he better then martial?
  • Demon_reborn
    2709 posts Fans' Favourite
    Trading him in for prime henry this week. A trio of bale henry and cr7 should cause havoc.
  • Enigma8784
    1823 posts Play-Off Hero
    Trading him in for prime henry this week. A trio of bale henry and cr7 should cause havoc.

Dang that’s filthy

Depends on the requirements i used him for r carlos as it just needed any icon

Ok didn’t realise that gives another option thanks
  • Jobiwan

How good is overmars then? Is he better then martial?

Dunno havent used martial didnt really like him in the last one so never bothered. He's great though has amazing shooting on either foot thanks to 5 star weak foot. Not strong at all but he doesnt really need it as he has great speed and dribbling and is quite nimble...
  • Enigma8784
    1823 posts Play-Off Hero
    Done the high rated SBC parts of Rui Costa using my screams Bender x2 Crouch Boateng and Bartra but still have my Ribery and Sturridge as seemed a waste when only needing 86 rated.

Did have to use an 86 squad for the 85 though as couldn’t get the chem without over egging a bit
  • JuliantbX
    2778 posts Fans' Favourite
    Would it be better to do Hagi's SBC, to complete ADP? on futbin it says 740k for hagi, so not sure if it'd be better to do so
  • Demon_reborn
    2709 posts Fans' Favourite
    @JuliantbX dont do that! Buy a cheap icon for like 600k. Leave the hagi sbc for later
  • JuliantbX
    2778 posts Fans' Favourite
    @JuliantbX dont do that! Buy a cheap icon for like 600k. Leave the hagi sbc for later

Yeah I did. just got ADP into the club !
  • Lcfc
    edited December 2017
    Just do shemical for 350 k that’s what I did will chuck him into something later on
    Cheaper to do his sbc then buying a icon on market