AI defending is a f*****g joke makes WL unbearable to play

carolinabluejg
130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Fix the pack weight as well or at least make it worth my time doing sbc's and drafts your rewards are atrocious. Not going to go into a long sob story on AI defending you all know what I'm talking about and feel the same way. Maybe it's time for me to stop trying to get better and just play The same **** way everyone else plays . Kick off goals don't even get me started. EA FIX YOUR DAM GAME

Comments

• antonius
    719 posts Semi-Pro
    i need to learn to use the second player press, people constantly go 5 at the back ptb and just seconf player contain... so frustrating trying to break down and force me to play boring fifa
  • Pauldejong6
    5215 posts Big Money Move
    Yep, exactly how I feel aswell. EA rewards the dumb ones who can't play football. Those can just let the AI do the defending, on offense they just press trhough ball sprint through the middle. **** braindead game.
    And the sad thing is, I'm being punished for trying to defend myself, since that's much harder and easier to make a little mistake with consequences. It's pathetic, reward the people who actually PLAY, and punish the ones who just sit and watch. It's incredible. There is no skill gap in this game, you are actually crazy if you try to play your own defending, lags are everywhere. It's pathetic. Yet I still keep playing.
  • Yep, exactly how I feel aswell. EA rewards the dumb ones who can't play football. Those can just let the AI do the defending, on offense they just press trhough ball sprint through the middle. **** braindead game.
    And the sad thing is, I'm being punished for trying to defend myself, since that's much harder and easier to make a little mistake with consequences. It's pathetic, reward the people who actually PLAY, and punish the ones who just sit and watch. It's incredible. There is no skill gap in this game, you are actually crazy if you try to play your own defending, lags are everywhere. It's pathetic. Yet I still keep playing.

Im really struggling as i'm trying to control my back 4? Ive only played this version and 17 so im relatively new so im confused about letting AI do the defending?

Do you mean controlling your midfield instead of the defenders?

At present im manually player switching (as its dog **** otherwise), trying to hold/contain with LB and then power my tackle to take the ball. People are just skipping round me instead and im conceding 3-5 every game?

What should I be doing differently?
  • carolinabluejg
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yep, exactly how I feel aswell. EA rewards the dumb ones who can't play football. Those can just let the AI do the defending, on offense they just press trhough ball sprint through the middle. **** braindead game.

Im really struggling as i'm trying to control my back 4? Ive only played this version and 17 so im relatively new so im confused about letting AI do the defending?

Do you mean controlling your midfield instead of the defenders?

At present im manually player switching (as its dog **** otherwise), trying to hold/contain with LB and then power my tackle to take the ball. People are just skipping round me instead and im conceding 3-5 every game?

What should I be doing differently?

Buddy this is only my second FIFA as well and yes it does mean controlling your Midfielders and not you defender's. Watch out holding the tackle button to long, you hold it just a second to long you'll be way out of position and inable to get back into position
  • jonviper
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    My tips would be to not press the ball too often but rayher block pasfing lanes abd travk runs in behind defense. I woukdnt use second man too much, just be wary as sometimes it drags players out of position and leaves holes. Be patient and allow opponent posession where it wont hurt you. Lt is your freind when defending use it ofyen aling with both triggers (running jockey) when they get nearer to your goal you qant to use lt and a to track his movements abd close his angles
  • CoachDavio
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    L2 is your friend. Control midfielders to the middle of the ball and play passing lanes/track runs. If you contain press make sure it’s player closest to ball and not someone out of position while you control near midfielder and play free safety. Also set your fullbacks to agresive interceptions
  • So like the majority of players I have been struggling with the defending and issue playing against Super high press and speed merchants. Then something clicked on the defensive side of the game and my team is now balanced. Qualified for weekend league on my first try this week and up to division three from division five. No longer giving away easy goals and my play is vastly improved. I am actually enjoying playing and beating the high press slaves ... the game chiante for me has been Kante and Guye in CDMs and two very good center backs ... I did the Ferdinand SBC and bought nesta .... nothing now gets past and gives me time on the ball at the back ....