Manchester united

Parth12008
1414 posts Professional
So they got 7 goals and conceded 3 in last two games, against arsenal they good good result so an IF is lock for next week. Can we get two IFs?

DDG gave three goals but performed really well against arsenal. SIF is almost lock.
Young 2 goals.
Pogba 2 assists.
Lingard 3 goals and an assist.
Martial 1 goal and 2 assist.
Valencia 1 goal.
Herrera and lukaku with an assist.
What is your opinions about this?

Comments

• Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    Would have loved Valencia SIF or young SIF. But IMO DDG is lock for SIF and lingard may get an IF. Next week is derby so one IF from that match is lock too. (Whoever win that match will get IF)
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    We should get two informs at the least, but unfortunately whoever does the TOTW has a grudge against United. I believe it's selected by a City fan this year, he will only give City players multiple informs in a single week.
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    Retro_G wrote: »
    We should get two informs at the least, but unfortunately whoever does the TOTW has a grudge against United. I believe it's selected by a City fan this year, he will only give City players multiple informs in a single week.

If we get two IFs then whom do you expect?
  • Gazza74
    1137 posts Professional
    Young,Lingard & DDG.
  • AEsey
    6053 posts Big Money Move
    If ddg gets a sif I'm handing in my Peter Schmeichel in the rio sbc
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Parth12008 wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »

If we get two IFs then whom do you expect?

De Gea, Messi Lingard.
  • JaguarKillz
    1086 posts Professional
    Personally all your goals were arsenal mistakes. Only player who deserves one is DDG
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    7958 posts League Winner
    Personally all your goals were arsenal mistakes. Only player who deserves one is DDG

Every single goal comes from some sort of defensive mistake, what even is this comment lmao
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite

Every single goal comes from some sort of defensive mistake, what even is this comment lmao

... No they don't. There are goals that are simply out of a players creativity. Utd didn't win with some master plan, they were gifted goals. Arsenal had 33 ❤️❤️❤️❤️ shots. Utd had 4. Arsenal had 75% possession...

Seriously, this was not a good Utd performance and as @JaguarKillz said, only DDG would deserve a shout for TOTW.
  • Shehraj
    5743 posts Big Money Move
    Jaymizzo wrote: »

... No they don't. There are goals that are simply out of a players creativity. Utd didn't win with some master plan, they were gifted goals. Arsenal had 33 **** shots. Utd had 4. Arsenal had 75% possession...

Seriously, this was not a good Utd performance and as @JaguarKillz said, only DDG would deserve a shout for TOTW.

lol if the defense doesn't make a mistake no goal is conceded..... unless they meant to allow a goal :lol: Wtf are u on about
  • riskywhat
    1026 posts Professional

• Shehraj
    riskywhat wrote: »

Care to show me any goal that wasn't the result of a mistake?
  • LahmChops
    2387 posts Fans' Favourite
    You cant be serious??
  • riskywhat
    1026 posts Professional
    edited December 2017
    Shehraj wrote: »

Some goals are due to poor defending or defensive errors. Some goals are due to good attacking play. Most goals are a mixture of both. But to say every single goal ever scored was the result of poor defending or a defensive mistake is just daft.

It was a great result for Man U and DDG was brilliant but when your keeper equals the record for the most saves in a PL match, you can't say that was a good team performance.

• i2-TempZ-2i
    7958 posts League Winner

Some goals are due to poor defending or defensive errors. Some goals are due to good attacking play. Most goals are a mixture of both. But to say every single goal ever scored was the result of poor defending or a defensive mistake is just daft.

It was a great result for Man U and DDG was brilliant but when your keeper equals the record for the most saves in a PL match, you can't say that was a good team performance.

Even if it was good attacking play the defender would still have to make a mistake or produce some sort of error to allow the player into that position in the first place?

Don't get me wrong i am not defending manchester uniteds performance because apart from DDG and the first 20minutes it was awful.
  • Shehraj

Even if it was good attacking play the defender would still have to make a mistake or produce some sort of error to allow the player into that position in the first place?

Don't get me wrong i am not defending manchester uniteds performance because apart from DDG and the first 20minutes it was awful.

Yea the whole point of a defender and GK is to prevent goals from being conceded so logically speaking, no matter what the creativity of the attacker, a mistake was made in allowing him to get through/score. Don't see how you don't see this?
  • thegabrielNYC
    727 posts An Exciting Prospect
    So if an attacker is better than the defender and takes him for a shot on goal and scores, it was a defensive mistake that allowed it not an impressive offensive performance? :D
  • Shehraj
    So if an attacker is better than the defender and takes him for a shot on goal and scores, it was a defensive mistake that allowed it not an impressive offensive performance? :D

Impressive shot yes, but the goalkeepers fault for not blocking it as thats his job, or the defenders fault for letting him thru as thats his job to stop. You seriously cannot understand this?
  • thegabrielNYC
    727 posts An Exciting Prospect
    So all offense is only because of bad defense? Is that what you’re saying?
  • Jason1986
    7099 posts Big Money Move
    Who even cares. What matters is the final score, to concede three goals at home do you even deserve to win the game?

All three of United goals came from a fantastic piece of attacking play, made Arsenal's defence look silly.
  • topnik
    923 posts Professional
    edited December 2017
    Jason1986 wrote: »
    Who even cares. What matters is the final score, to concede three goals at home do you even deserve to win the game?

All three of United goals came from a fantastic piece of attacking play, made Arsenal's defence look silly.

Just a ridiculous statement if you watched the game. Never seen worse United than this Mourinho play. This today was disgraceful. Pure Arsenal mistakes and De Gea's game. He's getting an IF btw
  • TurdFerguson
    2597 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2017
    Young is definitely in, DDG is 50/50 imo, depends how greedy EA feels
  • FORZARDO
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2017

Whilst I agree that they were Arsenal mistakes, I think it's a bit biased to say that the "only player who deserves one is DDG" - yes, goals were from Arsenal mistakes, and yes, De Gea was world class but you cannot deny that a few shots were straight at De Gea, any keeper can save a shot that goes straight at him, but yet it will still count as a save towards the final tally.

May have worded it wrong, basically De Gea did have an outstanding performance but you cannot just say the goalscorers don't deserve anything due to "defensive mistakes".

A defensive mistake can only go to a certain extent. Valencia's interception wasn't just solely caused by a defensive mistake, but it was also because of Valencia's ability to read the ball and react to it.
  • Jason1986
    7099 posts Big Money Move
    topnik wrote: »

Just a ridiculous statement if you watched the game. Never seen worse United than this Mourinho play. This today was disgraceful. Pure Arsenal mistakes and De Gea's game. He's getting an IF btw
    Ahahahahahaha.

So what is it that's ridiculous? Valencia/Pogba one two sending your defence for hotdogs? Martial's sublime touch to put Lingard in? Pogba making Koscielny look like Pascal Cigan?

Maybe if the Arsenal defence and goalkeeper done the job they were meant to do... like the United defence and goalkeeper did, the result would have been different.

Absolutely loved the game mate!
  • Shehraj
    topnik wrote: »

You are funny saying that after your team loses 3-1 lmao, thank you for the 3 points, see you in a couple months when we take 3 more :wink: The amount of salty arsenal fans here hating on man u is amazing, given that the joke of a club arsenal has been past few years
  • Demon_reborn
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    You guys scrapes a 3-1 victory due to lapses in defence and a supreme keeper. Nothing like the way we battered you last season.

I for one will never understand why arsenal commit so many players forward when facing mourinho. I would have implemented the exact same tactics and got a draw out of those defensive vvvvvaaaaaaaggggiiiinnnaaasss.

Whats sickebing is that people play the exact same way as manu on fifa 18. Defend with 8 and counter attack quickly. New patch favours the defensive.
  • limjitwe
    10098 posts Has That Special Something
    You guys scrapes a 3-1 victory due to lapses in defence and a supreme keeper. Nothing like the way we battered you last season.

I for one will never understand why arsenal commit so many players forward when facing mourinho. I would have implemented the exact same tactics and got a draw out of those defensive vvvvvaaaaaaaggggiiiinnnaaasss.

Whats sickebing is that people play the exact same way as manu on fifa 18. Defend with 8 and counter attack quickly. New patch favours the defensive.

Lol. Utd weren’t playing defensive like against pool. They were pressing high up the pitch and were rewarded with 2 goals. After that, credit to arsenal for the gritty fight back. But away team 2-0 up will always sit back more. And Utd did create a few more golden chances after that as well.

• M_Baller_15
    655 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm only a 3rd year premier league fan. Is Man U the media darling of the pl? Ala the Dallas cowboys of the NFL?
  • Shehraj
    I'm only a 3rd year premier league fan. Is Man U the media darling of the pl? Ala the Dallas cowboys of the NFL?

By media darling you mean they are covered in the media about as much as the other 19 clubs combined and hated by everyone except their fans, yes.
  • M_Baller_15
    655 posts An Exciting Prospect
    While I don't hate them yet and really like zlatan and lukaku, the media bias will definitely drive me to root for someone else