It's all about running, again...

gxcpl
140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited December 2017
I bought the game about 1 month ago and I've been playing online, most of the time. So far, my impressions of this game:

-It's too fast. I play online and I just realised me and my opponents play using R2 button pressed ALL THE TIME. It's all about speed, again. I feel like I'm playing PES2007, again. Speed is too effective, and we can use any fast player to do anything we want (attack, defend, tackle, dribble...). It's just a frantic match of players running around all the time.

-It's still kinda easy too score from outside the box. Shoots almost always go to the goal (if you watch a full match in real life you'll see how many shoots just go too high or too far away, specially when the player is running).

-Pressing L2 to protect the ball is USELESS. The player just stops and watch the opponent take the ball away.

-It's not a football simulator, anymore. You don't have tactics, anymore. You just RUN. The faster your player run, the better.

-You don't have to tackle, anymore. Just outrun your opponent and you'll have the ball back. It doesn't matter if your marking with your striker and his marking attributes are low. If he's fast, you'll outrun your opponent and have the ball back.

-Auto-tackle needs to be nerfed. Most people can't hit the button properly, but AI will do the job. Again, you just have to outrun your opponent. No tackling skills needed.

-Why don't we have the option to mix kits, yet?! It' so simple! I'd like to play Milan using black socks with home kit, or Chelsea playing all in blue, Atletico using red shorts and socks... It's more important than having old stupid kits available (really, who wants to play with an stupid generic old kit?!).
They do that on Madden! You can fully customise the kit you'll play before the matches! It's already being used by EA, just bring something like that to FIFA.

-Why we still don't have numbers and actual position on our tactical table?? If you put a ST as CB it still shows him as a ST! So simple to correct... Or, at least, they could change the letter's color to indicate a player playing out of position.

-The movements looks unatural. Feels like Frostbite engine was a downgrade...

-CPU still reads minds and never misses a pass or first touch control, like in all EA games (Madden is exactly like this, too...).

-GK seems a little more natural than before. I'm not sure if they're still supermans when face 1-1, but they seem less dumb from long shots.

-Why the hell do they still have the white line around all the dots in the radar?! Come on! It's more confusing than helpful!

-The negotiation animations are a nice add, but it limits you too much. You can't offer more than 1 player as payment (and can't even offer a player + money right from the beggining, they have to ask for it). And the "tense" backing track all the time is a bit of annoying.

PS: The songs are pretty bad, too... But that's maybe a matter of taste.
Post edited by gxcpl on

Comments

• gxcpl
    Oh, and I forgot to mention the penalty kick!

It's supposed to be something good for the attack, and not the other way around.

To score a penalty kick you need to use the right amount of power (or you'll kick the ball to the moon), use the right speed to run to the ball (or you'll kick the ball to the moon), press the direction really lightly (or you'll kick the ball to the moon) and just hope your player doesn't kick the ball to the moon.
    The keeper just have to press directional to the side the kicker is looking and that's it. If the other player doesn't change the direction in the last second (carefully, or he'll kick the ball to the moon) you'll save the penalty kick.
  • Purplejacket
    3623 posts National Call-Up
    Saw the length. Didn't read. Already know what you were gonna say first sentence in.
  • Jaydiz89
    464 posts Sunday League Hero
    We all know and so does EA but they just don't care
  • Wi1son73
    2940 posts National Call-Up
    gxcpl wrote: »
    Oh, and I forgot to mention the penalty kick!

It's supposed to be something good for the attack, and not the other way around.

To score a penalty kick you need to use the right amount of power (or you'll kick the ball to the moon), use the right speed to run to the ball (or you'll kick the ball to the moon), press the direction really lightly (or you'll kick the ball to the moon) and just hope your player doesn't kick the ball to the moon.
    The keeper just have to press directional to the side the kicker is looking and that's it. If the other player doesn't change the direction in the last second (carefully, or he'll kick the ball to the moon) you'll save the penalty kick.

I would had agreed with you, pens were a hit or miss! But now you can position your penalty taker! So I walk back twice, aim low right corner, very little power and I score 99.9%.. with Griezmann (left foot)

In SB penalty shoot out, I score all my goals .. even I put it in the same area 5 times.. keepers seem weak on low shots to the corners.. you will see he may dive the correct way but the ball goes under him..
  • MPL4
    1806 posts Fans' Favourite
    You want an actual football simulator? That near as can be represents the real game? So you want you player to have shots constantly flying wide, over unless you have top top players. You want games that are played so incredibly slowly in the middle third for 90 mins? Players giving the ball away constantly. Mis-kicks, fail throws? I'd rather buy a game and be able to do all the stuff we dream of doing. Imagine buying a flight sim, it snows, and then you have to sit on the runway for a few days. Sometimes you have to take a bit of realism out of "simulators"
  • Jaydiz89
    464 posts Sunday League Hero
    We need FIFA VR
  • Peter_655
    746 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Saw the length. Didn't read. Already know what you were gonna say first sentence in.

How do you know that you knew what he was going to say if you didn’t read it?

Surely you can’t actually know that what you thought is what he wrote, because you didn’t read it?

Another person on here, trying to be clever and insulting, and making themselves look stupid
  • gxcpl
    MPL4 wrote: »
    You want an actual football simulator? That near as can be represents the real game? So you want you player to have shots constantly flying wide, over unless you have top top players. You want games that are played so incredibly slowly in the middle third for 90 mins? Players giving the ball away constantly. Mis-kicks, fail throws? I'd rather buy a game and be able to do all the stuff we dream of doing. Imagine buying a flight sim, it snows, and then you have to sit on the runway for a few days. Sometimes you have to take a bit of realism out of "simulators"

It's not about "making 100% real", 'cause I agree with you, most games are too slow and nothing happens.
    But making a game that you play 100% of the time with the speed button pressed down, where you can just zig zag through your opponent defense and score 2348764 goals using THE EXACT same moves, doesn't sound that fun to me. Actually, that's what PES2007, 2008 and 2009 were. It was fun back then, but now we have the next gen consoles.
    If you watch any game, you'll see that speed isn't everything (otherwise, Usain Bold would be the best football player of all time). There's a LOT of really fast players, but without any technique, and that's why they're not good players.
    In FIFA 16 we saw more of that happening. Speed wasn't everything.
    If you watch a game you'll notice most balls are recovered from bad passes (like it was in FIFA16), and not from tackles. That's small things that make the "next gen" games.

But after reading your comment I might assume you're a speed abusing fan and like to see goals being scored the same way over and over, pressing the R2 down during the whole match. And it's ok. But I just have a different opinion.
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    -It's too fast. I play online and I just realised me and my opponents play using R2 button pressed ALL THE TIME. It's all about speed, again. I feel like I'm playing PES2007, again. Speed is too effective, and we can use any fast player to do anything we want (attack, defend, tackle, dribble...). It's just a frantic match of players running around all the time.
    it's too fast because everyone is using pace chemistry boost styles on every player

• gxcpl
    edited December 2017
    maksi wrote: »
    it's too fast because everyone is using pace chemistry boost styles on every player

I don't play FUT. I play the online divisions.
    Actually, I don't even care about FUT... I played it for a bit in FIFA 16, but it was kinda boring... I couldn't even change formation during the match... Not my kind of game...
    Post edited by gxcpl on
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    Play with 4* teams or weaker if you want more realistic experience.
  • gxcpl
    edited December 2017
    maksi wrote: »
    Play with 4* teams or weaker if you want more realistic experience.

Yeah... I try to, but it takes for ever to find an opponent... Everybody plays with Barça, Real Madrid, Bayern, PSG or City... Once in a while I see Chelsea or Man United...

I like to play with Basel, but a lot of times I just can't find an opponent (unless I accept to play against the better teams using a weaker one).

I played a lot with Málaga, too. But had the same problem...
  • gxcpl

Good for you! :*
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fifa would be better off if there was no sprint button
  • Ghazano
    434 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yes a football simulator with 45 minute halves.