When you load up your WL screen, then just say 'nah...'

PelzyWelzy
9184 posts League Winner
So I've been staring at the following screen for about 20 minutes now...

lENL7e1.jpg

Can't believe it's only just turned December and yet my desire to play even 1 game is completely nil. Like, I've loaded up fifa, gotten to the WL menu, considered it then made a cup of tea instead, stared at the screen some more, went and fed the rabbits, stared at the screen some more, considered playing a few singles matches and got put off by the lag, same with seasons, went back to the screen, thought about squad battles but decided I'd rather pull my teeth out than play the AI, back to the screen... and still I don't even want to start.

Who else honestly just can't be bothered with it anymore?

Comments

• ILBOMBA
    1039 posts Professional
    Same here. Will play a few games just for fun. Maybe 1 or 2 :smile:
  • PelzyWelzy
    9184 posts League Winner
    edited December 2017
    ILBOMBA wrote: »

Haha, yeah man I considered the whole 'just play a couple for fun' aspect but if you can tell me one single part of playing in WL which is fun then you're a better person than I!

Don't think I've ever seen anyone utter the words 'Can't wait to play WL later, it's so much fun and I love that game mode!'

Just say it in your head a couple of times... sounds ridiculous :joy:
  • Nogin182
    2293 posts Fans' Favourite
    Its sad. You know it's just gonna be sluggish delayed game against bakayoko and co, 41212 and ptb tactics.
  • Longballs
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    I haven't even tried qualifying this year, Every week I think "might give it a go for this weekend" Then I remember the grind.
    I enjoyed the first weekend last year...But it's a downward spiral from then on.
  • theogoalcott
    234 posts Sunday League Hero
    Look on the bright side. You may get to be a better FIFA-player and the rewards are not bad.
    The down side is that you probably will die of heart attack in your middle 40's.
  • Claretnblue
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've never consistently qualified for WL in 17 and tried once (and failed) in 18. I remember the threads last year: if you can't win DKT you won't enjoy WL. I personally thought this was a load of bollocks, people practicing elitism, however to a degree they were right.

Those first couple of WLs were bit of a buzz, but towards the end of 17 i got in a few more but just was not good enough at the game to compete or ran out of time. Which then meant I had literally played for hours on end for the chance of a couple of packs.

I then start thinking 5 6 7 hours of my time and what that is worth either financially or as family time. Either way it is a good few thousand FP without the utter confusion and rage of why I've lost a game 2 1 or 3 2 after going 1 or 2 up.

I genuinely think it is best to swerve it unless you harbour ambitions of competing or you have no shame and will grind out wins by exploiting any game weaknesses. Either way i am enjoying this Fifa a lot more and that comes down to ignoring the stressful parts of the game.
  • GrinWithoutaKat
    1147 posts Professional
    As someone that has tried every week to qualify for WL and only managed it once, I'd love to be in it this weekend. My experience last time (first week of November) was actually really enjoyable. I didn't see any reason to be stressed, but just saw it as a chance to play the game and get some decent rewards out of it. I finished with 11 wins out of 33 games, but even 5 wins would have got me better rewards that playing online seasons.

If you want to play online and improve your team, WL is the only option. I play SB every week, but I don't enjoy it. I have to do it to get the packs, because there's no other way to get packs if you just play seasons. Would I like to play it every week? Probably not, but once a month would be good.
  • maksi
    6577 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2017
    I then start thinking 5 6 7 hours of my time and what that is worth either financially or as family time. Either way it is a good few thousand FP without the utter confusion and rage of why I've lost a game 2 1 or 3 2 after going 1 or 2 up.
    this is the whole philosophy behind microtransactions, either deal with painful grind or pay it with real money and make it more enjoyable

if you buy fifa points you just reward EA for doing this
  • Claretnblue
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    maksi wrote: »
    this is the whole philosophy behind microtransactions, either deal with painful grind or pay it with real money and make it more enjoyable

if you buy fifa points you just reward EA for doing this

Aye you are spot on. I am a bit contradictory about the micro transactions: I dont have an issue with shortcutting as the world is a busy place however i do think it should be for cosmetic changes rather than performance enhancements.

There is that F1 / A1 comparison would you see the real skill if everyone had equal tools, i.e a generic team in WL or is part of the skill accruing that elite team... through grind trade coin buying FP or luck not sure there would ever be an answer for that question. Maybe some of the high profile players could play an exihibiton match with the exact same team and setups and see how that panned out... but ofc that is not a likely option!

However I am sidetracking the original thread so I will wind it in.
  • pekkaa88
    6024 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2017
    I usually play to silver 3 - silver 1. Stress free

First 10 games are usually quite enjoyable, but playing 40/weekend for a second year in a row is a bit too much for me. And there are easier ways to make coins anyway.

Didnt qualify this weekend, as I left it for Thursday, but the connection yesterday was extremely bad.. Problem was at my end tho..
  • SSgtBlunder
    944 posts Professional
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    Who else honestly just can't be bothered with it anymore?

Last time I played the full month of WL was back during last year's TOTS. Since then, I think I've played 5 games.

Free you weekends and drop this Xmas turkey!!!
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    I mean, nobody is forcing you to play it. I don't even play the qualifying cups for it in the week because I know I have no interest in playing it. I am busy on the weekends, I'd only probably get about 12 to 15 games in and I'd only win half of them so there's no point.
  • Aspral
    3378 posts National Call-Up
    The desire to play for me was shredded last night when I get Elite rewards and I get Dante and 82/81s. But people getting Silver 1 and Gold 3 monthlies are getting better and still complaining.

Last Fifa I started just playing to the 18 wins and stopping. Maybe I'll do that this year because the community on the WL is pathetic, everyone uses every exploitative way to win and the gameplay is so random.

At the end of the day your weekly and monthly rewards are basically luck with the packs unless you're a Top 100 player. So is it worth doing?
  • DeanoZoff
    4222 posts National Call-Up
    Thought i was reading my very own account of this morning. I even have 2 rabbits to feed haha.

I dont get many days off during the week but i have today off and was going to aim for 20 to 25 games.

Go on here and reddit and see people talk about lag and delay makes me reconsider. Might just play gta instead.
  • SSgtBlunder
    944 posts Professional
    People talk about the rewards but it's so easy to make coin on the game, you don't really need the stress/time sink of grinding 40 WL games to bump up your coin balance.

I've prob played around 300 games so far - mainly SB and seasons. Bought no FIFA points, standard edition game, no major pack pulls and I'm sat on 1.6m coins with 2 x teams I enjoy using.

Yes, it is nice to get the red cards (bit of a visible achievement), but it's not the be-all-end-all of the game. I would be gutted if I wasted 4/5 weekends in a row and still packed nothing great from monthlies.
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    I played almost every weekend last year, but now I don't even touch it. I realized it's not worth the time commitment, especially when the gameplay is this bad.
  • Williejno1
    3084 posts National Call-Up
    The gameplay is horrendous I really don’t know how people do it every week I will not do it again (this year ) it’s just not worth the aggro to get cazorla in a pack

By the looks of it sb is a test maybe for next years with the point scoring system were u atleast get something for loosing and scoring extra goals it will put and end to all the negative ptb win at all cost tactics
    if goals are needed for max points it would make the mode so much more enjoyable
    if it changed to weekly event spread over the 7 days it might not be so laggy
  • PelzyWelzy
    9184 posts League Winner
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    Thought i was reading my very own account of this morning. I even have 2 rabbits to feed haha.

I dont get many days off during the week but i have today off and was going to aim for 20 to 25 games.

Go on here and reddit and see people talk about lag and delay makes me reconsider. Might just play gta instead.

Bro.... That's exactly what I'm doing now, playing GTA :joy:

It's crazy that I own so many other games and honestly not touched some of them - The Division for instance, had that for God knows how long and never played it. Never given GTA any time beyond the first couple of missions and there are other games knocking about too.

Literally all I ever played was Fifa.

What your your rabbits names? :joy: Our lil girl named ours Skye (Paw Patrol thing) and Judy (still have no idea why, was expecting Elsa or something tbh. lol).

Currently debating whether to put them out in the garden. It's so cold I'm not sure whether I'll be doing them a favour or torturing them :wink:
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    I sometimes ask myself if I can be bothered to qualify if I've missed a weekend or even play matches during the weekend.

It's 11AM and I'm doing the exact same thing, contemplating whether to play the WL or just turn my 300k to 1mil. The grind is tiring and the antics are depressing.
  • WellWornBeast
    2128 posts Fans' Favourite
    ILBOMBA wrote: »

Said no one ever
  • jonviper
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    Don't take it too serious and try something different to maybe try and make it more fun. I wrote that before I had started. Played 2 games and quit 2. Why is the connection so bad. You wouldn't believe the goal I'm just conceded. I had ball with my cb in my box and it changed my man to the keeper.yes the gk even though I had ball at feet with cb. It then changes back and my cb freezes Sanchez tackles him and taps it threw the go from 4 yards out. I've seen some terrible things in this game but this is up there with the worst. How is it even possible yo change to go when u have ball. I have saved it
  • silverdale10
    1319 posts Professional
    The last WL I took part in I quit every single game I fell behind in if it was the first half or early 2nd half, including 1st minute goals. It was the most stress-free WL I played and I ended up only a couple of wins short of Gold 3.
    You're going to win a certain amount of games no matter what, most of which you'll get an easy goal to go 1-0 up, so just play those games and snub the BS fixtures.
  • Martythedoc
    2270 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm rotating my team this WL. After grinding for 2 months I've got elite 3 and elite 2 monthlies. Best inestia and mustafi (probably better than some I'd wager)
    Best pulls from gold 1 this week 83*2

Can't see why I bother. Gonna play some games, watch some TV, and just see how it goes
  • Aqeel87
    2360 posts Fans' Favourite
    The most annoying thing about WL is the one sided lag and that's the main reason why I don't play it.
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    Aqeel87 wrote: »
    The most annoying thing about WL is the one sided lag and that's the main reason why I don't play it.

• DeanoZoff
    4222 posts National Call-Up
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    DeanoZoff wrote: »

Bro.... That's exactly what I'm doing now, playing GTA :joy:

It's crazy that I own so many other games and honestly not touched some of them - The Division for instance, had that for God knows how long and never played it. Never given GTA any time beyond the first couple of missions and there are other games knocking about too.

Literally all I ever played was Fifa.

What your your rabbits names? :joy: Our lil girl named ours Skye (Paw Patrol thing) and Judy (still have no idea why, was expecting Elsa or something tbh. lol).

Currently debating whether to put them out in the garden. It's so cold I'm not sure whether I'll be doing them a favour or torturing them :wink:

Hahaha thats crazy man.

I rarely buy any other games, just gta and forza really. But still only really play fifa and football on the weekends.

Got a big black bunny called Betty and a grey lop eared called Lucky. We built them a shed sized home outside with a hutch inside it. Clear plastic covering all sides. They just jump into the hutch when its cold. Hot water bottle is there for the evenings.

But they love looking out into the garden so always chill outside.

I may do a few WL games this weekend eventually. Kinda hoping that the coins i earn from league sbcs will make it less of a priority to play WL.
  • WellWornBeast
    2128 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is my first WL in 4 weeks and im fed up after 2 games lol
  • Same here bro.

The reason is that after so much anger that you spend playing WL, the prizes in the packs are crap.
    Megarare pack = Best player: Kagawa.

It's so sad.
  • John Knows
    837 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yeh i've started playing fortnite more instead, played a bit of cod but if you think 1 sided delay is bad on fifa, play that.
  • Choepiechakie
    31049 posts National Team Captain
    How's everyone enjoying their WL free weekend?