What the hell is up with the gameplay?

dbslbu
1876 posts Fans' Favourite
Every single patch makes it worse and worse. My players only have 4 directions they can move in. I’m on manual switching but it’s keeps auto switching.

To top it all off. Someone just quit on me at 0-0 and I got the loss.

I give up. Gran Turismo time.

Comments

• CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    WL always was borderline unplayable for me, now divisions is horrible as well.
  • dbslbu
    It’s so frustrating. Been busy the last few weeks so haven’t played much but had some players I was really looking forward to using after all the BF upgrades. Turns out they’re unusable.

I have a PS4 pro, 4K monitor and wired connection that I specifically bought to make fifa playable. The lag in the menus is just pathetic. I don’t usually get mad about FIFA but I’m raging now.

Every aspect of the presentation and content is brilliant but the main part of it is a joke.

Not going to keep me away from it but it just feels like even more of a waste of time in this state.
  • Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    my sentiments exactly. the menu lag is pathetic
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    Mackie17 wrote: »
    my sentiments exactly. the menu lag is pathetic

• mHazard
    Also, why my players are auto switching, I had to go check the options and auto switching is air balls only!

So broken game... :disappointed:
  • DeMolay145
    548 posts An Exciting Prospect
    gameplay is pathetic. I also experience auto switching even on manual. WL is a pit of bs, menus are lagging more than ever. Have I mentioned gameplay being the worst I've ever seen?

It's sad because I was really hyped for this game. Feels like a kick in the balls. This community should really start rioting.
  • dbslbu
    Input lag came with the change to frostbite right? Wasn’t in 16 was it?
  • mHazard
    dbslbu wrote: »
    Input lag came with the change to frostbite right? Wasn’t in 16 was it?

I think the menu was slightly laggy in rush hours in 16, not this bad tho
  • Rulistening
    1989 posts Fans' Favourite
    Entire game is garbage and HAS been garbage since the first patch. Not sure why people are surprised.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Back out of Fut, there is a squad update.
  • wayneyb1980
    402 posts Sunday League Hero
    Its crazy how we get an awesome beta/demo version, a pretty good release version, then a game that gets worse with every patch.

The current state of the game is terrible.

• bgp1845
    1820 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2017
    yeah i've played three games in the past two weeks and am just not feeling it anymore. there is so much AI assistance/interference and auto animations that it's just not fun. i can position my defender perfectly to make a play and they game will automatically do some random animation were my player gets nutmegged or i can get beaten and some AI player will make a dive from nowhere to save it. happens for me and my opponent.

worst part is there is no way to predict when the games gonna do any of that so you can't play around it.

i'm just waiting on the next scream boost to get rui costa and a few other icons to try out then i'll be over this game i think.
  • mjustic
    1318 posts Professional
    Anyone noticed when doing a back pass to the keeper, if opponents strikers are near, he automatically kicks it in the air and it's impossible to select another player until the ball hits the ground again?
  • crankbait
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park
    EA should have enough money from FIFA points to buyout Konami and use the PES gameplay with FIFA bells and whistles
  • aberry1000
    2377 posts Fans' Favourite
    Same problems as last fifa and FIFA before