The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Is the Bayern trio really that much better?

Gigaa_Byte
2094 posts Fans' Favourite
I compared the prices of them compared to the likes of Nainggolan, Sandro and Chiellini and noticed they're around 50k+ more. I've never used the Bayern trio (Vidal, Alaba + Boateng) but I have used Nainggolan + Chiellini and loved them, is the Bayern trio better?

Comments

• Maverick
    5987 posts Big Money Move
    I'd also like to know. I currently have Naing, Sandro, and Desailly there. Desailly isn't getting replaced, but curious if it's worth swapping Naing and Sandro for Vidal and Alaba.
  • Ily
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    I used Chiellini, Sandro and boateng/Alaba, Sandro better than Alaba, but boateng is much better than chiellini. Had Vidal also but can't compare him with Naingolan as I didnt use him. For the defense side, I would go with Alaba and boateng
  • FrankFrank
    2689 posts Fans' Favourite
    Alaba ≥ Sandro
    Vidal > Naingo
    Boateng > Chiellini

Thats my personal opinion. Think you need to try them both and see who fits your playstyle the most tbh. Not much difference.
  • Gigaa_Byte
    2094 posts Fans' Favourite
    FrankFrank wrote: »
    Alaba ≥ Sandro
    Vidal > Naingo
    Boateng > Chiellini

Thats my personal opinion. Think you need to try them both and see who fits your playstyle the most tbh. Not much difference.

Yeah I'm getting the feeling that's what it is coming down to, the 3 players in each position look very similar.
  • FrankTheTank1989
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    Try the CSKA Moscow trio
  • Retro_G
    32015 posts National Team Captain
    edited November 2017
    The Bayern triangle is good, although it's not worth that much imo. I prefer Sokratis to Boateng.
  • Zolifc
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    They all are very similar, i eould take manolas instead of chiellini
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26486 posts Player of the Year
    Bayern trio is the best left side on the game.
  • WFCBagnall
    75671 posts Moderator
    Vidal>
    Sandro>
    Boateng>
  • Snadeau
    1249 posts Professional
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Vidal>
    Sandro>
    Boateng>

Boateng is much better than both chiellini or manolas. Vidal and 9g are pretty even.
  • MeanOnSunday
    1534 posts Play-Off Hero
    Vidal and Nain are pretty much the same; Vidal has a slight advantage of the 4* weak foot if you tend not to pay attention to setting up your long shots on their right foot.

Sandro is slightly better than Alaba defensively with strength and stamina, but if you like to shoot with your full backs I can see why you would prefer Alaba (long shots, weak foot).

Boateng is quite a bit better than Chiellini especially if you pass it out with your CBs rather than full backs. Overall though there are better CBs than both in Serie A so Chielini doesnt have to be your only choice unless you are trying to fit with a hybrid. If you are using something like De Gea and Bailly then sure go with Boateng.