The 3421 formation

Danic123
2263 posts Fans' Favourite
Anybody using it? In the past it's been the go to formation of many when one or two goals down late in a game. It's obviously very attacking in nature.

So start of game I was the 41212(2) & then moved on to the 4321 as patches came in. I then recently switched back to the 41212(2) & in fairness my form had improved due to deploying some new instructions / tactics.

That said, I became bored of the same formations etc & missed playing with the wife forwards, so I've given it a roll of the dice & given the 3421 a bash. I have to say, it's been incredible so far. Bizarrely, I'm even conceding fewer goals.... Whilst still retaining a high attacking output. The only downside so far is that the CM's and wingers get tired a lot quicker than normal & clever subbing is required with how I play.

Anybody else regularly using this formation?

Comments

• Joestoe
    4264 posts National Call-Up
    Do you mind if I ask what team you are using? I was doubting to maybe use it as well, but I have been poor at defending this year, so I was worried it would destroy me.
  • Owls4everr
    243 posts Sunday League Hero
    I was looking for a formation with 2 midfielders that can sit.

I’m thinking of going 5212 which is similar to yours but with wing backs instead of wide midfielders.

I’m conceding so many cheap goals I need to be more defensive.
  • Danic123
    2 X Standard prem team

Gkp: Courtois
    RCB: Azpi / Aurier
    CB: VVD / Rudiger
    LCB: Bailey / Kosc
    RCM: Alli / Herrera
    LCM: Dembele / Wijnaldum
    RM: Mkhi / Walcott
    LM: Mane / Izziquerro
    RF: Salah / Willian
    LF: SBC Sane / Coutinho
    ST: SBC Kane / IF Wilson

Still few upgrades to make, Alexis Sanchez would be ideal, Dembele has low stamina so thinking of IF Mooy or longer term, maybe Kante.
  • Danic123
    One tip I suggest, if using high aggression instruction then switching your wide forwards with your wingers can keep them more fresh.
  • Danic123
    To defend with this formation I use slightly edited CT's of what the youtuber Krasi has & follow his suggestion of dragging midfielders back to defend.
  • FifaProDK
    568 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yeah, the beast formation!

gk: viviano ( they all suck)
    Cb's: Benatia Kolibaly Manolas
    Cm's: Hamsik Allan
    LM/RM: Costa / peres
    LF/RF: Insigne / Anderson
    Striker: Scream Perisic
  • Danic123
    Owls4everr wrote: »

I’m thinking of going 5212 which is similar to yours but with wing backs instead of wide midfielders.

I've gone with the 3421 because I find that the 21 up top works better for me than the 12. The 5 atb variation has the RF/LF as RW/LW which arent as effective for me.
  • Maghau
    80 posts Park Captain
    Owls4everr wrote: »

5212 can actually be a pretty attacking formation, the wb works pretty much as wingers, especially if you're using always overlap on them. You better have substitutes for them though as they get really tired really fast, or play with wing backs with very high stamina.
  • Keepthechange
    1651 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm currently testing the 352 formation, I won division1 3 times with it without losing a single game, The formation is really strong against 4312 and 4321, especially against people who just try to play ping pong passes, the 3CBs and the CDMs do a great job in stopping counter attacks.

I'm pretty sure 3412 and 3421 play completely different, I personally would avoid them because they don't have CDMs
  • Danic123
    I'm currently testing the 352 formation, I won division1 3 times with it without losing a single game, The formation is really strong against 4312 and 4321, especially against people who just try to play ping pong passes, the 3CBs and the CDMs do a great job in stopping counter attacks.

I'm pretty sure 3412 and 3421 play completely different, I personally would avoid them because they don't have CDMs

I'd rather have cdms, but I create more with an attacking 21 than a 12. If there was a 3421 with 2 CDM's I'd be all over it.