Why is EA banning/warning traders?

TheQuest
254 posts Sunday League Hero
edited November 2017
A friend of mine has just had all his coins taken, as a warning, under the pretext he was buying coins...

Yet he 100% hasn't. He never has. I don't know exactly how long he spends trading but he makes a good profit and keeps a steady flow of coins... but he never makes much on each player, maybe 2k at a time? He just repeats the process many times... so clearly he's not buying coins... you don't purchase coins and list up 100 players to get them, surely? You list up someone like Scream Sturridge or whatever someone said on here.

So why the warning? (not banned but will if "he carries on") They don't want serious traders to spend their time trading? I guess they would rather they open packs but my point is their reasoning makes no sense and they clearly have no evidence, it's like getting arrested on false pretences.

I think quite a few people have had similar things happen to them and will get their honesty doubted on here by some users but I know categorically for a fact that he doesn't and has never bought coins. He has no purpose as he easily gets the coins he wants from trading.

His case is being looked at, he should get a reply today from EA. Somehow in the mean time he bought points and packed Suarez and 85 Okocha... **** lucky ****... but that doesn't change the fact that he's been punished for nothing.

Comments

• VagisilFC
    1422 posts Play-Off Hero
    If you want to trade then go play the stock market, if you want to play football then play Fi...... yeah I didn't really think that through.

PES. if you want to play football then play PES
  • VagisilFC wrote: »
    If you want to trade then go play the stock market, if you want to play football then play Fi...... yeah I didn't really think that through.

:D :D :D :D :D
  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    :joy:
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    VagisilFC wrote: »

Winner
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    options.

solicitor...gonna cost you though
    police...lol...but there could be online fraud police...never know thye might be interested.
    MP...might sound stupid but ea are already under the microscope and this may add fuel to the fire.
    sony or microsoft...obviously.
  • TheQuest
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    thanks for the help guys ! :D :D
  • john_d_efc
    427 posts Sunday League Hero

Best comment I've read in a long time that.
  • tzinc
    1594 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2017
    they are going after traders now because traders don't spend real money typical EA bs move
    if you want to play football play PES if you want to spend real money to be competitive play FIFA
  • bjornheisenberg
    tzinc wrote: »
    they are going after traders now because traders don't spend real money typical EA bs move

or he has been flagged correctly or incorrectly....which is something ea have done a lot.
  • JIGSAW_10
    540 posts An Exciting Prospect

• Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2017
    tzinc wrote: »

or he has been flagged correctly or incorrectly....which is something ea have done a lot.

More like it, as if they'd ban traders or trading, much to the disappointment of lazy people who cba to trade yet expect icons
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    Huge amount of people do second account trading. He transfered coins from his second account. Which is bannable offense.
  • JIGSAW_10
    540 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Blarix wrote: »
    Huge amount of people do second account trading. He transfered coins from his second account. Which is bannable offense.

That’s a fair point bro. But what i would say to them if he did do that of course to deserve the ban would be;

Where is the evidence that they have of this?
  • chevano
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    john_d_efc wrote: »

Best comment I've read in a long time that.

ofcourse not, ive used like trading much more then playing the game , and it was nice to get in top 100 of trading or on top 100 biggest clubs.
    Why you think they make those top 100?

And for ea it should be good that people like to trade ,because then they get the tax and that is on every trade.
    And getting tax on every trade means the prices stay a bit higher and coins are leaving market so people have to buy points or play more.

But the problem started when the autobuyers came and the answer of EA was instead of simple things like for example not to buy more then 3 same players in your club, they punished people without any proof of wrong doing.
  • tzinc
    1594 posts Play-Off Hero
    there is a proven track record of EA banning people who did nothing wrong other then make a lot of money on trades silvers etc
  • marker08
    78 posts Park Captain
    I don't know why someone hasn't written the BBB yet. I feel like this is a huge red flag. FIFA says you don't need to buy coins, you can trade and make coins that way. Although, if you are doing heavy trading, you eventually get restricted from listing on the transfer market by having too many actions or whatever it says. The icing on the cake is during that restriction you can still buy fifa points and spend that way. They are just pushing people towards those points at every opportunity.

On black Friday I was put on a several hour restriction that wouldn't resolve. This didn't include sniping either. Was making coins like crazy that day too. Contacted support and all they said was I didn't have any flags/ban on my account. I would just have to wait.
  • bjornheisenberg
    ea dont need evidence.

in fact evidence is a dirty word to them.

take the bf1 graphs
    the zero packet loss lie...udp cant have zero loss...yet according to ea mine and probably 99% of everyones udp is zero percent lol