We are aware of an issue with FUT Crashing for Virgin media users & we are working on this. Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing. We have a thread discussing it here.

Why doesn't this team play well

Luke I 1311
33 posts Last Pick at the Park
6y378n.jpg

Is it work rates? Is it Custom tactics? Normally set player instructions as bottom 5 all stay back wingers stay forward, cm get forward.

Comments

• Bob1432
    1313 posts Professional
    Maybe your a bad player.
    Swap alves for casillas he's much better
  • Luke I 1311
    Ah the inevitable funny man appears.
  • Campino
    28059 posts Player of the Year
    6y378n.jpg

Is it work rates? Is it Custom tactics? Normally set player instructions as bottom 5 all stay back wingers stay forward, cm get forward.

Have you used F9 before and not had any troubles?
  • Luke I 1311
    Campino wrote: »
    6y378n.jpg

Been using it for a few weeks since got messi, been up and down in consistency
  • Napsamdo
    418 posts Sunday League Hero
    Keep practicing with it and get better
  • Campino
    6y378n.jpg

Been using it for a few weeks since got messi, been up and down in consistency

exactly how I found it

Won some games like 5/6-0 then got a pasting next game

I have left it alone since
  • Luke I 1311
    I'm happy to change formation. Obv want to keep messi as far up the pitch as possible. Always struggled with 41212 and not a fan of 4231 with either of the two variants. 433(4) is too open at the back 433(2) seem to lack much going forward.
  • lf2009
    2295 posts Fans' Favourite
    Go back to 433-4 and set full backs an both cms to stay back, they dont always stay back but helps a lot and i find it great defensively. I used 433-5 for ages and it was good but you have to try and always control the build up play
  • VICTAAAA
    11128 posts Has That Special Something
    what's wrong with it? why does it not play well? passing? runs? poor defensive positioning?
  • Campino
    You tried 4-3-2-1?
  • Napsamdo
    418 posts Sunday League Hero
    You tried 4-3-2-1?

Ew

One of the worst formations in the game IMO
  • Luke I 1311
    VICTAAAA wrote: »
    what's wrong with it? why does it not play well? passing? runs? poor defensive positioning?

Went from div 1 to 4 in a day. Get high through balled a lot. Team don't seem to make runs or pass well either
  • Luke I 1311
    You tried 4-3-2-1?

Not much tbh always seemed to be in the low defensive cover area. Have you had much success with it? I want to win div 1 which I have never achieved although have come close a few times.
  • Boabdust
    4865 posts National Call-Up
    Remove all your custom tactics and play for a few games see if it is any better
  • Luke I 1311
    Boabdust wrote: »
    Remove all your custom tactics and play for a few games see if it is any better

Yeah tried that. Seems to be the same. Is the default custom tactic the same for everyone? Or is it based on your favourite club you select at start of game?
  • BrentfordFC
    13053 posts Has That Special Something
    find a different formation seems like the answer tbf. try 433 ( 4 ) and see if its any better
  • Luke I 1311
    Thanks for ideas guys

Still wanna know if that custom default tactic is based on team you select at beginning of fame tho
  • Austintatious
    2289 posts Fans' Favourite
    Set modric and busquets to stay back.

You're probably just going through a bad patch though.
  • Yung
    11628 posts Has That Special Something
    You need Suarez over messi
  • Luke I 1311
    So I switched my fave team to Man United in start menus. All of a sudden my team plays well. Being a liverpool supporter this is a harsh move but my players seem to pass a Make make runs. Don't know whether selecting a team makes a difference to tactics in game or not. Prob just coincidence.
  • David Moyes
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    Because you are not a tactical genius
  • RobS
    345 posts Sunday League Hero
    try 433-2, swap pepe with varane and iniesta with sif isco and see if that helps.

i had toty iniesta and he was pretty poor for me, i find sif isco FAR better. his dribbling is almost as good as messi's for me.

• DefyTheOdds001
    233 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don't have any evidence or anything but I have been thinking about the games where I just don't get anywhere and need to keep an eye on the formation im facing it could be certain ones just cancel out your f9 instead of a problem with players / playstyle
  • AngryEnglishDan
    1098 posts Professional
    I play a very similar team to you and found the regular 433 to be the best fit
  • Benjog88
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'd change your back line to IF Maxwell, Silva, Ramos, Cavajal and Sirigu
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    I had this team before TOTY and seriously I never got more frustration from a team than this. Messi disappeared completely. Neymar felt like he was running in quicksand, Bale was turning like a bus.

• Jonny
    6331 posts Big Money Move
    Blarix wrote: »
    I had this team before TOTY and seriously I never got more frustration from a team than this. Messi disappeared completely. Neymar felt like he was running in quicksand, Bale was turning like a bus.

Was that in division 1? ;)