The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

6ms HDTV vs a 1ms Gaming Monitor

Fuego
484 posts An Exciting Prospect
I currently play FIFA via my Sharp HDTV and I searched the make of my TV and found a site which listed all of the specs, apparently my TV has a 6ms response time which is actually very good for a HDTV, will this mean if I were to purchase a 1ms gaming monitor I wouldn't see much of a difference in terms of input lag? I did some research and some people have suggested that the ms response time doesn't take into account input lag - how true is that?

Comments

• CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    I have played on a 50" and 42“ TV and a 23" and 27" gaming monitor. There is basically no difference, at least not as much a casual gamer would ever recognize.
  • Fuego
    I have played on a 50" and 42“ TV and a 23" and 27" gaming monitor. There is basically no difference, at least not as much a casual gamer would ever recognize.

Hmm.. What gaming monitor's did you play on? were they 1ms?
  • hayhor1
    14997 posts World Class
    Fuego wrote: »
    I currently play FIFA via my Sharp HDTV and I searched the make of my TV and found a site which listed all of the specs, apparently my TV has a 6ms response time which is actually very good for a HDTV, will this mean if I were to purchase a 1ms gaming monitor I wouldn't see much of a difference in terms of input lag? I did some research and some people have suggested that the ms response time doesn't take into account input lag - how true is that?

No you will not notice a difference. If it was 30ms you wouldn't notice.
  • Estaban
    1025 posts Professional
    Errrrr. I just bought a 1ms coming from 8ms tv and I don’t know what I’m looking for here. Feels the same.
  • ZLFC
    369 posts Sunday League Hero
    You need to look for the input lag, its more important than response time for gaming.
  • Fuego
    ZLFC wrote: »
    You need to look for the input lag, its more important than response time for gaming.

Can't seem to find out any details about the input lag sadly, my TV is quite old so isn't a lot of information available.
  • Xaini29
    1994 posts Fans' Favourite
    the best i have found to play fifa is plasma tv--mainly because of 600 MHZ of plasma-- i have tried 4k --1ms gaming monitor etc
  • iWilshere_19
    2018 posts Fans' Favourite
    Monitor is better
  • Estaban
    1025 posts Professional
    Just won my first DKT Ever (maybe tried 5 times in the last two years) on the 1ms on first go. I imagine it’s luck more than screen but I’m intrigued coming off a 8ms screen.
  • M@nt!c
    3262 posts National Call-Up
    Monitor. Screen can be put much closer and camera angle coöp is really good on a monitor
  • OverLord
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    I switched from a 46 inch OLED to a 21 inch monitor a month ago. I feel playing on a monitor is better
  • miri
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not even a competition, if you play on a TV you're just gimping yourself (unless it's a completely garbage monitor of course).
  • Estaban
    1025 posts Professional
    Bought an Asus 24.5 and I think the thing is giving me motion sickness throughout the week. Might go back to a TV. Really don’t know if it has actually helped out all that much. Though I am interested in a tv if you guys have any recommendations.
  • InfernaL
    1451 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have a monitor too. I just think it's easier to concentrate staring at a 24" compared to my 40" TV (Not that I really play this game as much now, with all the BS going on). I really can't wait for the next gen consoles and hope they are able to produce 144hz. The difference between 60hz vs 144hz is night and day.
  • Retro_G
    31124 posts National Team Captain
    No you won't notice the difference, every 16ms of input lag equals one frame with a 60fps game.
  • Estaban
    1025 posts Professional
    So I guess my Bravia 46 inch is 8ms, so then technically I wouldn’t even miss a frame right? So it was a pointless upgrade?
  • OpFifa
    64 posts Park Captain
    There's a huge difference.

Anyone telling you otherwise either hasn't used a decent monitor, or doesn't have the ability for it to make much of a difference.
  • OpFifa
    64 posts Park Captain
    Estaban wrote: »
    So I guess my Bravia 46 inch is 8ms, so then technically I wouldn’t even miss a frame right? So it was a pointless upgrade?

Well firstly, it has a quicker refresh rate....

Secondly, what is the input lag of the Bravia 46 inch?

Thats the important part here.