Prime Rui SBC

jacko1759
359 posts Sunday League Hero
Alright lads,

Is it worth getting the Prime Rui Costa? How does he play? FUT Champs worthy?

I know I could just do the loan version but seems a waste of coins (although it would be a bigger waste if I did the actual SBC and didn’t like!)

Thoughts much appreciated!

Comments

• Henstock
    2670 posts Fans' Favourite
    I wouldn’t, traded him for prime Petit today
  • jacko1759
    Henstock wrote: »

Oh, what didn’t you like about him mate?
  • WFCBagnall
    67016 posts Moderator
    He's only good to put into ADP
  • Baker
    1452 posts Professional
    He was amazing for me for the first 50 games, then he felt sluggish and went missing (could just be me). Every now and then he will pop up and do something magical but he is now average for me. Will trade him in for ADP when I get the cash.
  • ez1907
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2017
    He is a machine @ rcm .Apply Hawk on him and stay forward,get into the box instructions.

He has 48 goals and 16 assists in 67 games for me,all online.

Also he helps to defend with his phys.abilities and its very hard to get the ball from him with those phys./dribbling stats combo.
  • Henstock
    2670 posts Fans' Favourite
    jacko1759 wrote: »
    Henstock wrote: »

Oh, what didn’t you like about him mate?

Very inconsistent at shooting, didn’t seem to live to his pace or passing stats either tbh
  • He's really good for me, cost me 250K in total (decent return from packs). Well worth it.
  • Zhyquron
    2040 posts Fans' Favourite
    I am wondering this as well. Want some icons in my team, because they have got something normal players from the same rating don't have.
  • jdros
    2536 posts Fans' Favourite
    Did his loan and used him in the WL over a couple weeks. I thought he was a good CM. Finishing I found quite poor. I will likely do his card, but just because it will be cheaper to do his SBC than buying a legend for someone else.
  • Rb10119
    1730 posts Play-Off Hero
    did like him but used him for Henry
  • Hibee
    10924 posts Has That Special Something
    Gets a lot of criticism but I have found him excellent. I also play him RCM as he creates so much from that position. Have also scored a good few long rangers from him.
  • TwoZebras
    5320 posts Big Money Move
    90 rated CAM with 75 finishing is of no use to me
  • jacko1759
    Might have to pass on this SBC then!! Thanks for the feedback everyone
  • TalentFG
    1420 posts Professional
    He's not an in the box kind of player but he can hit bangers for days. I did him to get ADP. I ended up keeping him he was so good. Plays RCM for me
  • marcus2596
    271 posts Sunday League Hero
    Rb10119 wrote: »
    did like him but used him for Henry

• Salty P3anut
    8201 posts League Winner
    hes alright but will end up using him for ADP Icon
  • cunni100
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    His record for me is 93 games, 66 goals and 27 assists. Nearly all of that in weekend league. Sniper on him boosts him where he needs it, I've loved him.
  • Helloitsme2
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Baker wrote: »
    He was amazing for me for the first 50 games, then he felt sluggish and went missing (could just be me). Every now and then he will pop up and do something magical but he is now average for me. Will trade him in for ADP when I get the cash.

• Pauldejong6
    5891 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2017
    Rui Costa is amazing for me. I use him as CAM or RCM in 4-3-3. I don't get why people dislike him. He's strong, good runs, passing and he's almost at 200 goals and 200 assists for me, in not even 250 games. And yes I do play WL with him everytime.
  • pittphan
    3017 posts National Call-Up
    love him. As a RCM he seems to get better with time. As much as I love my 87 Del P, I just cant put Rui in the Del P SBC
  • Cadey 5
    9966 posts Has That Special Something
    I like him he's sort of between the elites and good players not quite top level but better then most no regrets and I don't plan on putting him in a SBC unless I fancy a change.
  • He’s solid. Good CM to link play and for long shots. He’s physical and has good stamina too. Only knock is his finishing is way worse than I expected
  • C0YBIG67
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    i need my cam to be able to score bangers and be strong. and he does that better than most.

Also 4* is a bonus.

So cheap to do makes sense
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Undecided whether to do him with the intention of using him for the Petit sbc.

On one hand - he would save me around 100k and packs along the way. On the other - I wouldn't mind actually using him.
  • Scutch
    9290 posts League Winner
    Getting him later. Will be RCM in a 41212(2). Maestro chem.
  • JBC03FC
    3335 posts National Call-Up
    I will eventually trade him in but only for Gullit, Vieira or Mathaus.
    Great card, now playing him rcm, with get forward and free roam in 4-3-2-1. Hagi plays lcm and I have either IF Talisca or IF Fernades in the middle, although Fernandes is probably gonna be who I settle with.
    Rui is superb :)
  • A Crafty Gamer
    724 posts An Exciting Prospect
    He is very solid, but man am I bored to death of using him.

Thinking about trading him in soon, but gonna hang tight until the next round of primes.
  • He's great for me while I wait for prices to come down or to eventually go in an SBC. Only cost me 300k cos of untradrables..
  • Stonebridge
    1122 posts Professional
    I love him, decided against ADP Prime since i couldnt face trading him in :). Tried him with alot of different chemstyles and positions, not in CDM tho ;). Can say that the best i have had on him are Hunter and Shadow. With Shadow on the CM position he is really good
  • Stonebridge
    1122 posts Professional
    oh and he is cheap too ;)