Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

How to make CR7 work?

JuliantbX
2778 posts Fans' Favourite
Hey guys.

So after reading weeks or months about people praising CR7 and saying he's the best and most unique player in fifa 18, I now finally got the funds to buy CR7. He's striker together with IF Jesus, but he's just absolutely not performing. Making mistake after mistake, miss after miss. I use Hawk on him.

Do u guys play him solo striker? Or maybe better as LF?

He got 34 goals and 13 assists in 31 games. Which, of course, isn't bad but if you consider I've won 18 and lost 3 in WL, it's just weird that Jesus is outperforming Ronaldo.

Maybe don't use Hawk on him? He's already extremely fast (on paper that is..) and his shooting is close to maxed out.

Would love any feedback/tips!

Comments

• BLqzTT
    638 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I play him RF in 41212 change in game from 4321 and he's got 270 in 168 in weekend and like 15 div 1 games, I think what sometimes do is expect him to do stuff for you I think just play normally and he just gets the goals don't force it, I've played 2-3 games without him scoring then he will get 3-4 hatricks on the spin, just give him time and this weekend league servers have been awful lots of players underperforming
  • BestFutPlayaEver
    1856 posts Fans' Favourite
    I play him 4231-1 as lone St in FIFA 16. He beast
  • Metalfly
    991 posts Professional
    I am the same as you, he's been underwhelming, IF Son outscores him from the bench. However one thing he is great at though is facing people who PTB, he has one of the best long shot in the game as well as one of the best at winning headers, when I face people who sit back then I just get him to take shots from outside the box, if it gets blocked and goes to a corner then aim for him with your corner taker.

It's not a guarantee to success of course and he isn't going to bag loads of goals but he's been the most effective player I've used to break down people who put 11 players behind the balls.
  • JuliantbX
    hmm alright. Maybe I should just stick to it then. Will try one more WL, must be some truth in people's opinions.

thanks guys!
  • 3NG
    945 posts Semi-Pro
    3rd best player in the game and he plays like it. Not sure why he isn't working for you but he's everything you need in a player to succeed in this game. Keep using him and he will click eventually.

Not sure what team you have around him but having another star player next/near him to give him more room and to stop the opponent focusing solely on him helps a lot.
  • Boysie91
    10360 posts Has That Special Something
    I used him a few time today in drafts online. Set LB/RB to overlap and cross in early balls to him and he will sprint in that box and score easily
  • JuliantbX
    3NG wrote: »
    3rd best player in the game and he plays like it. Not sure why he isn't working for you but he's everything you need in a player to succeed in this game. Keep using him and he will click eventually.

Not sure what team you have around him but having another star player next/near him to give him more room and to stop the opponent focusing solely on him helps a lot.

Pretty stacked team with KDB, prime costa, Red IF jesus, naing etc. I'm also absolutely not focussing on him purely, he just f*cks things up so often. I'll just stick to him for a while, let's see what happens.
  • Metalfly
    991 posts Professional
    Also one more thing, don't try to dribble too much with him, he is best as a finisher for me, get your midfielders to build up the and make the final pass, take two touches max with CR7 then shoot, he tend to score some screamers but whenever I try to dribbling with him and force a shot beyond the defender he would miss, Jesus is much better at those.
  • DicaniosGod
    5514 posts Big Money Move
    Is this a wind up??
  • What's his chemistry? Looks like you have a hybrid team. If his chemistry is lower than 4, that's the problem. Ensure his chemistry is at least 8.
  • fluffymnuffy
    12771 posts Has That Special Something
    He's not great for me either, use Neymar up top, he links with Jesus and is much better and much cheaper
  • Metalfly
    991 posts Professional
    emylonas wrote: »
    What's his chemistry? Looks like you have a hybrid team. If his chemistry is lower than 4, that's the problem. Ensure his chemistry is at least 8.

Can't get his chemistry above 7 in ST, unless you do formation change in game.
  • Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    I play him 4231-1 as lone St in FIFA 16. He beast

Thats two Fifas ago theres no relevance to now smh
  • Heel to toe skill move and he leaves any defender.
  • JuliantbX
    emylonas wrote: »
    What's his chemistry? Looks like you have a hybrid team. If his chemistry is lower than 4, that's the problem. Ensure his chemistry is at least 8.

I got him at 10, swapping ingame. Will play him on 7 now as I made Some changes
  • nicitel32
    2039 posts Fans' Favourite
    is it posible to turn down that stupid celebration when he scores? thats why i am not using him..its annoying as hell
  • JuliantbX
    nicitel32 wrote: »
    is it posible to turn down that stupid celebration when he scores? thats why i am not using him..its annoying as hell

Just do your own instead of A or X
  • Mmandras
    2974 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2017
    He got 34 goals and 13 assists in 31 games. Which, of course, isn't bad but if you consider I've won 18 and lost 3 in WL, it's just weird that Jesus is outperforming Ronaldo.

It's ok performance. Just look at performance stats for best players. Opponents will pay more attention to Ron and force you to miss by pressuring him. Be prepared for lot of sliding tackles. But you will score wonder goals from time to time, so beside his price that I consider inflated this year, I would say he is a tramendous force in any team. You make it work by not force, getting used to his movement, workrates and shooting style. Not going to win you games all by himself but he's a killer striker. I thing I have made a mistake playing him as lone striker... And selling for Messi and Neymar, whose dribbling you have to know how to use, and are not good for direct style of gameplay, with lot of lag.