The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

Is pace still everything in this Fifa ?

Owls4everr
243 posts Sunday League Hero
I use to be a pace abuser but it doesn’t seem as effective now. I can only see the effect of pace from a substitute.

I’m asking as I’m considering swopping Sane for IF Arnautovic.

Just wondered if everyone still went for pace or not?

Comments

• pekkaa88
    6383 posts Big Money Move
    Its important, especially for wingers imo
  • jhonps3
    1712 posts Fans' Favourite

Yeah is the only thing that matter imo too , most of the 80% of my opponent used sweaty player to win.
  • Whitebeard
    3434 posts National Call-Up
    Since 16, it hasn't been as effective as before, still important tho.
  • Danic123
    3114 posts National Call-Up
    It's essential. You don't need every player to be rapid, but you need to base your game around exploiting it.
  • Kingkay
    1777 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes
  • BestFutPlayaEver
    1856 posts Fans' Favourite
    No. For people who play at the heard ie cdm, cm or cam no. For non hear people, yes.
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    No. For people who play at the heard ie cdm, cm or cam no. For non hear people, yes.
    what

• L4MP5
    162 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Lol what bollocks
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah that's why everyone uses a pacey PL squad.
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    They use pace because it's hard to defend if you have lag.
  • Owls4everr
    What’s the minimum pace you would have?

I’m thinking IF Arnautovic Who with hunter card is 91 that’s surly enough? I’m just changing from Sane 96 pace.
  • Whitebeard
    3434 posts National Call-Up
    Owls4everr wrote: »

I’m thinking IF Arnautovic Who with hunter card is 91 that’s surly enough? I’m just changing from Sane 96 pace.

I'd be fine with that. I have issues with his agility and balance. Might work for you, defo not for me.
  • Dzeko86BIH
    198 posts Sunday League Hero
    For me pace is only important for wingers because everyone uses walkers,bellerin etc so if u use a 75 pace winger their walker will catch up too easily after a nice build up play /pass
    but shooting is 2nd most important stat for winger. Ive used Dzeko,Zaza,Ibrahimovic at ST with no problems though.
  • Owls4everr
    Whitebeard wrote: »

I'd be fine with that. I have issues with his agility and balance. Might work for you, defo not for me.

I’ve never really noticed agility and balance.... is this something I’m missing?
  • ICUP
    4229 posts National Call-Up
    Whitebeard wrote: »

I’ve never really noticed agility and balance.... is this something I’m missing?

Not sure about balance but agility hell yeah. I literally pick by strikers based on finishing, shot power, agility and compsure
  • paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move

The fasted player I have is dybala at 86 (most of which is acceleration - sprint is 84) - and hes got deadeye on him. Second is Scream Perisic at 85 (though he has 88 sprint) - again though he has deadeye on him.

Nobody else in my team is above 80 (higuain is 79 - hes next fastest).

• Metalfly
    991 posts Professional
    Both agility and balance are really important for wingers if you want them to dribble, it affects how quickly you turn and how easily you're pushed off balance by the defender. Arnautovic certainly wouldn't be my preference for a winger.
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    IF Yarmolenko is a great winger, not crazy pace either.
  • paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move
    Metalfly wrote: »
    Both agility and balance are really important for wingers if you want them to dribble, it affects how quickly you turn and how easily you're pushed off balance by the defender. Arnautovic certainly wouldn't be my preference for a winger.

hes decent at LF - he does have some strength, but not really as a winger - hes mobility isnt good enough.
  • Owls4everr
    I understand everyone’s points.

I packed Alaba so need edit my hybrid team accordingly and Arna is the only one who fits the bill perfectly.
  • poiuz88i
    88 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yes,look at the price of slow players
    Heguian, Kroos,Ibra
    Although they are high rated
    they are so cheap!
    And look at pacy and agile players like jesus,martial,dembelee
    They are relatively expensive given that they are low rated players

The only chunky striker (gold cards) that is still valuable is Lukaku which is around 130k
  • Maro6590
    894 posts Professional
    In my opinion pace is not everything. It depends on the positions (especially in some formations). With 4 at the back I think pace is really necessary for fullbacks. Your CB has to be strong at good at defending, if you have 3 at the back pace is more important

As the others say pace is also necessary for your wingers

What I noticed is that pace is useless if you have low agility and ball control. You can put a hunter or catalyst on higuain for example and he still feels slow in acceleration. If you give him an engine he feels a little bit faster, but still slow.

• CURCC-FTW
    764 posts An Exciting Prospect
    yes pace , height and strength will always be king
  • Bluemoon2393
    148 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I believe the skills off the players are more important than pace. Why because a pass can travel faster than a run. You will still need quick players to be able to go on the counter attack. For example Pjanic may not be the fastest footballer but is one off the best passers off the ball also has excellent ball control and if you play a perfect ball you will create chances to score goals.

The best way to put off players using pacey players is too have centre backs with 70+ pace and also use 5-3-2 as having 3 centre backs is very effective to stop gaps being exploited.

Totti last year had fantastic pass, ball control and also shooting skills but he lacked pace which didn't matter much as one good pass can allow someone with good speed to be able to get run ins to set up goals.

If you defend all the time but play the counter attacking game you will need pacey player's. If you play a passing game then pace isn't too important as long as you still have quick players around 77+ mark to be able to move the ball quickly enough.
  • fluffymnuffy
    12768 posts Has That Special Something
    Kind of, 55+ on defenders is fine, 65+ on midfielders, 80+ on strikers and 85+ is wingers is usually my baseline
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Look at chemistry style prices. Hunter and Shadow are the most expensive.
  • gxcpl
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It's back in Fifa 18. I feel like I'm playing the old PES2007 and I feel I can dribble anyone from box to box... Not a improvement, in my opinion. Fast players are again way better to play with...
  • Razovar
    1745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Only thing that matters
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    I believe the skills off the players are more important than pace. Why because a pass can travel faster than a run. You will still need quick players to be able to go on the counter attack. For example Pjanic may not be the fastest footballer but is one off the best passers off the ball also has excellent ball control and if you play a perfect ball you will create chances to score goals.

The best way to put off players using pacey players is too have centre backs with 70+ pace and also use 5-3-2 as having 3 centre backs is very effective to stop gaps being exploited.

Totti last year had fantastic pass, ball control and also shooting skills but he lacked pace which didn't matter much as one good pass can allow someone with good speed to be able to get run ins to set up goals.

If you defend all the time but play the counter attacking game you will need pacey player's. If you play a passing game then pace isn't too important as long as you still have quick players around 77+ mark to be able to move the ball quickly enough.

your lucky then

some games i play a driven pass will be slower than the oposition closing the ball down.
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2017
    pace is the first stat I look at when choosing a player and you guys do as well. technical ability is irrelevant on this game so the physical stats are the way to go