So do most agree that this was a great promotion?

GrinWithoutaKat
1147 posts Professional
There's been a lot of negativity around FIFA lately, and I'm not suggesting the Black Friday promotion fixed any of it. In fairness, the people putting together the promotions probably have very little to do with all the other stuff that people are unhappy about. Try to put pack weight complaints aside too. I doubt many people had worse pack luck than I did friday, but I'm going to ignore that.

They made a ton of highly desirable packs available for those that want it. They weren't discounted, but packs like that are very rarely available to buy. For people who buy packs, surely it was better to be able to spend your FIFA point and know you're getting rare gold players instead of fitness cards, staff cards and club badges? So that's one group that should be happy.

They nailed the SBCs. Again, please ignore the pack weight, but they were giving out some very good packs for SBCs that were SO cheap and easy to do. Not only this, but because of those SBCs, it pushed the prices up of so many worthless cards we might have had sitting in our club. I had bronze cards from Premier League and Championship clubs that would never ever get used, but I could get 2-3k for them yesterday. It meant even when your pack luck sucked as mine did, you could get a lot more selling those on than you could have any time before. We got the TOTW SBC we all wanted. After Halloween and it's 1 untradeable Scream card SBCs, part of me worried they'd do the same again, but nope, tradeable and repeatable. Great for people that wanted to try their luck, but again great for people who'd had poor pack luck but could now make decent money from the 82-84 cards that nobody would use in a team.

Well done EA. For this promotion at least, you did a great job. There's still a lot of changes we need made, but there's so many other places to discuss that!

Comments

• Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    I enjoyed it all in all, still would have rather something geared towards Silvers aswell though, whether it be big packs, flash SBC requiring Silvers only etc
  • dieiscast
    399 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes great. I'm really facinated that EA can drain peoples money without giving them anything of value back! Well done EA, agreed!
  • Choepiechakie
    33891 posts National Team Captain
    Bowden92 wrote: »
    I enjoyed it all in all, still would have rather something geared towards Silvers aswell though, whether it be big packs, flash SBC requiring Silvers only etc

• Bowden92
    dieiscast wrote: »
    Yes great. I'm really facinated that EA can drain peoples money without giving them anything of value back! Well done EA, agreed!

Didn't drain any of my money mate and I made over 500k I reckon over the last 2 - 3 days, so I got something back
  • Thamightyboro
    8100 posts League Winner

Yeah we totally lacked anything for silvers would be my only complaint some silver players paks wouldnt go amiss.

Hopefully they use some of the.money made to fix the broken cam,st,st
  • EmeraldArchon
    147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2017
    Yeah bought 12k coins and received a couple 83 rated players awesome get EA's ❤️❤️❤️❤️ out of your mouth
  • Bowden92
    edited November 2017
    They did show new silver packs though ? But we haven't seen any yet, they were on that promotion list at the beginning of BF, hopefully we get some and a few nice SBC requiring them
  • Bowden92
    edited November 2017
    Yeah bought 12k coins and received a couple 83 rated players awesome get EA's **** out of your mouth

Boo hoo :'(

Learn to trade
  • Ludinator
    45 posts Park Captain
    I enjoyee it. Bagged myself Messi, Ozil, Martial and Sane.
  • dieiscast
    399 posts Sunday League Hero
    dieiscast wrote: »

Didn't drain any of my money mate and I made over 500k I reckon over the last 2 - 3 days, so I got something back

Sure i did not as well. I do never spend money. But selling the chance of getting something out of value with this low probability is just not right...
  • Mr_Matchup1
    6646 posts Big Money Move
    Mixed week for me I stupidly decided to load fifa points for a 100k and 125k pack the 100k pack didn't have a player above 82 :D 82 absolutely criminal and the 125k pack had 1 84 rest 82 and below . Massive waste of 30 quid . Every squad builder was cheap but I got nothing but I'd bought quite a few 83s so managed to make a bit of profit there. Definitely the last time I buy fifa points and yes it is gambling as you pay money for the possibility (% we dont know)of packing good players . Overall a pretty boring one for me
  • Bowden92
    I will never open another pack apart from my weekly 2 I get from Ronaldo edition, did a few and like MM etc early on and the packs were THAT bad, they weren't even close to being decent, it was an absolute joke, so now I'm not even slightly tempted by a pack ever again, Never mind spending money on them
  • Ducduc
    65 posts Park Captain
    V solid promotion. Decent little SBCs every couple of hours, packs for those who want them, the expected TOTW SBCs at the end.

No complaints here, especially as I had stocked up on 83s and IFs prior. Made close to 500k all told.

Firm handshakes all round.
  • MPL4
    1806 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think bronze and sliver cards are utterly pointless. Never seen anyone use them. Managers, players, contracts, fitness, staff.... All pointless. If they don't make something available for us to use these cards then there is no need for them. Until then, I won't be patting EA on the back. Just more money making scams from them. Black Friday wasn't for us....
  • Bowden92
    MPL4 wrote: »
    I think bronze and sliver cards are utterly pointless. Never seen anyone use them. Managers, players, contracts, fitness, staff.... All pointless. If they don't make something available for us to use these cards then there is no need for them. Until then, I won't be patting EA on the back. Just more money making scams from them. Black Friday wasn't for us....

I do fully agree about the Silvers, they are unusable (To actually compete online, anyway) There is no point having Silvers and bronzes, especially since the tourneys were stupidly removed, don't get why they can't just make a few tiny adjustments and make UT much more fun, having a huge pool of players opened up to use
  • Ducduc
    65 posts Park Captain
    I use a couple of Saudi silvers atm in my fitness team. They're pretty good tbh.

Agree there should be some Bronze/Silver love though. Think a Bronze cup would be great fun.
  • xFATAL
    5485 posts Big Money Move
    One of the best they've done.

-Flash SBCs were cheap to do and rewarding
    -All packs were available and because of the TOTW SBCs you got good return even if you didn't pack anything(If you didn't sell before they released)
    -And lastly, I made about 400k on 82s, 83s and 84s
  • Flamstead
    3617 posts National Call-Up
    Some Silvers are good enough to play in gold teams (Cristiano, Dabo, Jensen) but they come at a premium.

The promotion was good for EA and I would say for the majority of traders such as myself but despite making a lot of coins from it, I still have no intention of playing online or even playing SB atm so yeah, the game itself needs addressing.
  • Bowden92
    Ducduc wrote: »
    I use a couple of Saudi silvers atm in my fitness team. They're pretty good tbh.

Agree there should be some Bronze/Silver love though. Think a Bronze cup would be great fun.

I dont even think its unreasonable or much effort to just add tournaments again, why on earth do they only cater for a small amount of a huge database, I haven't seen a silver used online in Fifa 18, I think it's ridiculous that they're only good for league SBC and the occasional MM
  • Bowden92
    Flamstead wrote: »
    Some Silvers are good enough to play in gold teams (Cristiano, Dabo, Jensen) but they come at a premium.

The promotion was good for EA and I would say for the majority of traders such as myself but despite making a lot of coins from it, I still have no intention of playing online or even playing SB atm so yeah, the game itself needs addressing.

You don't even have to pay those prices for stats like that TBH, there are alternatives to them with nearly the same stats for under 2 - 3k, I'd pay those high prices anyway IF they were really good, back in the day Marlos/Jobson/Geovanni etc all cost 100k +
  • paul24878306
    5549 posts Big Money Move
    there was a promotion??

honestly I didnt notice...
  • Ducduc
    65 posts Park Captain

I dont even think its unreasonable or much effort to just add tournaments again, why on earth do they only cater for a small amount of a huge database, I haven't seen a silver used online in Fifa 18, I think it's ridiculous that they're only good for league SBC and the occasional MM

It's all bout the WL I'm afraid.
  • xFATAL
    5485 posts Big Money Move

Because silvers don't sell gold packs. It started to happen in FUT 15 with all the Silvers being so good and popular, Especially the TOTS silvers which played better than alot of golds, People were just using them instead. I just wish they would add tourny's that required a rating and they got rid of Bench players being part of a teams rating which is ridiculous it's still in the game.
  • Bowden92

It's all bout the WL I'm afraid.

Ye it really is, which is **** because that's only targeting certain types of Fifa players, where is the catering for the casual guy any more who wants to use a few Silvers/5* skillers etc and have casual easy going matches
  • Futfanatic
    15984 posts World Class
    edited November 2017
    I agree, and let’s hope cyber monday is more of the same. Haven’t seen some of the leaked packs yet, expect them to be in flash sbc’s!

Great promotion, Ultimate Scream was great too in terms of making profits but it was such a drag. 24 hours packs sbc’s every hour is awesome!
  • Ducduc
    65 posts Park Captain
    I also think the 10/20/30 game weekly rewards is great.

EA - Keep this in every week.
  • mindm4ster
    5250 posts Big Money Move
    boring SBC's with ❤️❤️❤️❤️ rewards
    they just copy - paste
    no fresh ideas
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    Yes. EA did a good job of propping up 83/84 values. Give them credit when appropriate.
  • Zhyquron
    2100 posts Fans' Favourite
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    I agree, and let’s hope cyber monday is more of the same. Haven’t seen some of the leaked packs yet, expect them to be in flash sbc’s!

Great promotion, Ultimate Scream was great too in terms of making profits but it was such a drag. 24 hours packs sbc’s every hour is awesome!

Last year, the SBCs were the same on Cyber Monday as on Black Friday (correct me if I'm wrong)
  • Macca77
    1787 posts Fans' Favourite
    It amazes me how Black Friday everywhere else is about getting bargains. People selling things at discount bargain prices, but Ea, no to Ea it’s an excuse for them to sell ridiculously expensive packs haha and funny part is, they’re laughing all the way to the bank as they’re not the stupid ones.