Maybe someone can explain this to me

dopetothemax
2015 posts Fans' Favourite
Why did EA design a game where the best defensive strategy is to not do the defending yourself? Everyone (myself included) just runs around with their midfielders. So many people I come up against love to hold RB to let the CPU do all the defending for them and then switch and spam the tackle button when they get close.

I don’t blame these people for doing it. It’s effective and they wanna win. I just wonder why EA thought this was the best approach to a “competitive” game. If they ever want it to be taken seriously, why allow the bad players to have a crutch defensively? I’m about an average player, so maybe I would be worse too without the defensive help but at least I wouldn’t feel robbed by the RNG when I lost rather just losing to someone who outplayed me

Comments

• Diggy
    13614 posts Has That Special Something
    It’s becaus the game isn’t about football or skill it’s about the bottom line

If all the bad manual defenders keep getting destroyed & quit who will spend money on FIFA points?
  • dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    Diggy wrote: »
    It’s becaus the game isn’t about football or skill it’s about the bottom line

If all the bad manual defenders keep getting destroyed & quit who will spend money on FIFA points?

That’s actually a very fair point. Putting so much RNG and AI assistance in the game is purely a business decision. Makes sense. Well if micro transactions are ever somehow gone from games, then maybe we’ll get a decent game. Oh well I guess.