How FUT can/should change.

bjornheisenberg
3714 posts National Call-Up
Its very stale after many years of the same system.
So i think a thread on what direction to head in taking into account that the pay for pack system could soon be changed due to countries investigating.
Now leaving that argument for other threads...how can fut change.
What would be good to change without really upsetting the market system too much?

I will start the ball rolling with 1 idea.

A contract system based on the card rating.
I find it odd that every gold player is on the same contract.
SO scale it from 76 to 99.
76 gets the 28 games for instance.
99 gets one.

Or change the contract system completely and have a contract points system.
Say a 76 will cost 1 point.
a 99 will cost 1000 points.

Contract points can be pulled in packs ...say 50...100....250....500...1000.

You have a total in your club.
The squad you pick will have a total.
You cant play over that total.

What effect ont he market?
well contracts will be tradeable.

players?
wont affect the lower players too much if at all.
People who pack a messi early will ahve to think about using him every game if they arent at a level where they can pack enough or earn enough coins to buy contract points.

it wont solve op lower players...thats another argument.

any other ideas?

Comments

• pekkaa88
    5898 posts Big Money Move
    What a **** idea
  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    Imo, one of the biggest issues is playing/being forced to use certain players because of how the games made, only a tiny % of the player database is actually useable online, Silvers should be useable, so should bronzes, so should players like Kroos and Pirlo
  • Fletch
    3358 posts National Call-Up
    Changing gameplay so it plays like H2H
  • Sporter
    635 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Bowden92 wrote: »
    Imo, one of the biggest issues is playing/being forced to use certain players because of how the games made, only a tiny % of the player database is actually useable online, Silvers should be useable, so should bronzes, so should players like Kroos and Pirlo

• Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    Sporter wrote: »

Very annoying isn't it, bring me back those Silvers from the early days :'(
  • richisdisturbed
    387 posts Sunday League Hero
    - A market place where every single card can be bought direct from EA using tokens you accumalate by opening packs.
    - Loyalty schemes, daily login rewards, a pack currency, special players for concurrent logins (Could've used Lampard years back as he never missed a match!)
    - More card rewards for tournaments.
    - Better pack weights.
    - No scripting
    - Packs that guarantee an IF/ Icon
    - Nationality/ Nation packs
    - A single player career mode for FUT where you build your club from scratch, build your stadium over time, create your own crest/ kit, etc.
    - Normal FIFA gameplay

I preferred FUT years ago, or even when it was a completely different game with that CL game.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    You really are a ****! LOL
  • Alex_cr
    3688 posts National Call-Up
    Last year WL was added. This year SB was added. Far from stale.

The basic principle is this is a football game. So standard of game play is all that matters. You can't do much with the concept.

The contracts idea is plain ridiculous in my opinion. So you get lucky and pack Messi. Good on you - use him and enjoy him. Maybe I'll never have him but that's cool, I enjoy playing with something a little different.
  • Jaydiz89
    464 posts Sunday League Hero
    DaveSaves and Co here again bless these kids brown nosing lmao
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    Imo, one of the biggest issues is playing/being forced to use certain players because of how the games made, only a tiny % of the player database is actually useable online, Silvers should be useable, so should bronzes

What is the solution for making bad cards usable?
  • Alex_cr
    Imo, one of the biggest issues is playing/being forced to use certain players because of how the games made, only a tiny % of the player database is actually useable online, Silvers should be useable, so should bronzes

Bring back bronze and silver tourneys. I've not heard one person not want this
  • OttPa
    249 posts Sunday League Hero

Have WL’s with restrictions, like silver or bronze only. Not every week, but shared out. Also have cups online and offline with chem restrictions, like max chem 65 or something. Drive people into using the massive database of players that are quite frankly wasted.
  • Alex_cr
    OttPa wrote: »

Have WL’s with restrictions, like silver or bronze only. Not every week, but shared out. Also have cups online and offline with chem restrictions, like max chem 65 or something. Drive people into using the massive database of players that are quite frankly wasted.

How would people feel about a full silver/bronze WL?

I think it would be fun but imagine a lot of people want to use there main team having invested so much time/money into it.
  • maksi
    6391 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2017
    that is a bad idea, there are much less silver cards than gold cards on the market

it's similar with bronze only, it would make it all about pace

any limitation means means you have to buy really expensive squad just to play and be competitive in WL
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    @Alex_cr
    In the past, @Rob had explained that the player base for bronze/silver tourneys was astronomically low. It's not a viable game mode if 1% of the userbase is participating it. My question was more on how they can make these cards practical.

@OttPa
    Most forumers complain about WL/qualifying restrictions. I think more people prefer an open system over a very strict system.
  • maksi
    6391 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2017
    In fut 17 WL restrictions made you have to invest into expensive squad if you didn't already have such team, i don't know why would anyone want that, just less coins to upgrade your team.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain

Why should I be forced to use silvers instead of the team I like?
  • Retro_G
    25971 posts Player of the Year
    DaveSaves wrote: »

Because you would get a more accurate assessment of your skill level, by playing similar teams. The silver requirements for weekend league in Fifa 17 were brilliant. It was easier to get more wins, without facing the super meta teams.
  • pekkaa88
    5898 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2017
    Retro_G wrote: »

Because you would get a more accurate assessment of your skill level, by playing similar teams. The silver requirements for weekend league in Fifa 17 were brilliant. It was easier to get more wins, without facing the super meta teams.

What silver requirements? You mean the max 8 gold? People had silver fullback and maybe 1 silver mid.. Made hardly any difference.. But was annoying for 2 team users..
  • OttPa
    Wouldn’t putting silver & bronze restrictions or requirements on WL entry entice more people into opening more silver and bronze packs, therefore increasing the player pool?

You are “forced” into using teams via chemistry restrictions anyway. This and, are you just not plain bored of playing against the same players game after game.

EA produce 1000’s of players at our disposal. Why not make use of them?

I bet most people could create a silver and bronze team with players they already have at their club.

What about a qualifying system. Divs 10 - 7 bronze players only, 7 - 4 silver, 4 - 1 gold?
  • OttPa
    There are loads of options to utilise all the different variations of cards in the game.

For those who would cry if they couldn’t use their golden prem team and switch their wingers upfront at kickoff. You could have a Wan£ers Cup ;)
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    If you were forced to use silvers, then there would just be the “meta” silvers like last year.

Jordan Lukaku and Fosu-Mensa who are basically golds with their stats were in most teams.

Basically you want FUT minus PL, but that isn’t going to happen.

If one of the YT guys made a Russian team and went 40/40, a few others did it too, one of the pros tried it and agreed, you’d all be moaning that the league was OP and you’re sick of Bakayokov and Martialov every game.
  • OttPa
    Not at all, I’d like some variety in the game. I don’t watch YT vids and couldn’t name any of them or the “pros”.

There are so many options what you could do creating tournaments within UT. Some tournaments would not be to everyone’s liking. But if you wanted the prizes, people would play them.

Additionally if you changed things up and had variety, then there wouldn’t be so many “how to win” tutorials etc.

• DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Why does the variety have to come from everyone else though? Why not make a silver team that you like and play with that?
  • bjornheisenberg
    Fletch wrote: »
    Changing gameplay so it plays like H2H

yeah im all for that.
  • Retro_G
    25971 posts Player of the Year
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »

What silver requirements? You mean the max 8 gold? People had silver fullback and maybe 1 silver mid.. Made hardly any difference.. But was annoying for 2 team users..

They had plenty of silver requirements in Fifa 17, even full silver teams were needed in DKO. The 8 gold restriction would also stop you using OP bench players. It made weekend league more balanced, plenty of the community liked the requirements. The only people complaining, was those who couldn't play without their OP crutch players.
  • Robmu22
    1292 posts Professional
    Sporter wrote: »

• OttPa
    I have a silver team, it’s used for the offline league atm.

This is not about what teams I have or haven’t got though.

This is thread is about how FUT could change. I am giving my suggestions.

The suggestions I have put forward utilise more of the content in the game, player wise.

• bjornheisenberg
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    Last year WL was added. This year SB was added. Far from stale.

The basic principle is this is a football game. So standard of game play is all that matters. You can't do much with the concept.

The contracts idea is plain ridiculous in my opinion. So you get lucky and pack Messi. Good on you - use him and enjoy him. Maybe I'll never have him but that's cool, I enjoy playing with something a little different.

well youll have options.
    use him when you can.....keep him tucked away for when your good enough to accumulate enough coins to use him....or sell him.

the current state of the game is stale.
    ive only played properly for two years and its boring as ****....ok gameplay has something to do with it as well.
    but the way it is right now id actually prefer the my club system even without the transfer market...

if pes got a transfer market they would grab more players .

look at what goes on in that.

managers....you use ones which have systems which players have to be used to or take time to get used to.....thats way way better than the current one which is like a kids system lol

players improve through good performances and playing games...plus they get used to managers

obviously the big flaw with pes is the lack of transfer market.

dont particularly like the scout system although on their system you can accumulate to gurantee a messi or dramaticaly reduce the odds of getting him.

the contract system is not far off what ive proposed....i think thats a great system.....

so as you git gud enough to be able to earn points you can afford contracts to be able to use these players.

thats not unlike rl...if a team isnt performing good players tend to want to leave.

maybe they could introduce this.

if you get bad results the better players arent available for you and you have to sell...i know it might **** of pekka head but who cares lol
  • bjornheisenberg
    also id like to see a rise in coins for match wins the higher up you go and scrap the dnf penalty.

ea's latency measuring system is highly flawed.
    as ive proven on bf1 and through testing myself.