The Nacon controller

bjornheisenberg
3714 posts National Call-Up
Any users who can comment on the responsiveness compared to the stock controllers on ps4?

Comments

• Messi181
    479 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have used the razor pro controller, I would recommend that if your looking for responsiveness as the buttons are amazing. All you need to do is light tap and it's in motion. Unfortunately I couldn't get use to the triggers and the size as it's designed like the Xbox controller.
  • Retro_G
    25871 posts Player of the Year
    Terribly uncomfortable, xbox elite is vastly superior with a brooks convertor.
  • bjornheisenberg
    that would be a potential problem if the triggers were awkward...thanks though
  • bjornheisenberg
    Retro_G wrote: »

thats a worry but i have big hands....thanks

does the dead zone adjustments and the other adjustments make a difference?

• Retro_G
    25871 posts Player of the Year

I've shovel hands too, it's real uncomfortable. Two unnatural groves behind the triggers, that will dig into your fingers. I don't enjoy the raised analog sticks either, use the small sticks on my elite even though I've the option to use raised.

The sticks are good, if you can get used to the raised sticks. The trigger adjustments aren't as good as trigger stops. 3rd party controller will never be as good as this....

• JorisDB
    1358 posts Professional

I've tried the Nacon and sent it back after trying for about a week, it was a good controller but IMPOSSIBLE to fit in my hands.
    There's a weird ridge on the back which forces you to put your fingers on the underside, instead of the backside (by backside I mean where the R1/R2/L1/L2 buttons are), meaning you only have your index fingers available for the R/L buttons, instead of your index finger and your middle finger, which makes you simply less effective and responsive, as you need to click both R1 and R2 with the same finger.

Furthermore the main reason why I wanted to try the Nacon was because of the input lag I thought I had with the normal controller (I bought the Nacon with cable) and because of the stick sensitivity and not being able to aim well with a normal controller (passes going astray).
    I found that buying the Nacon did not solve any of those problems, and it was a relieve for me to switch back to my good old PS4 controller, which resulted in me playing a LOT better than I did with the Nacon..

All in all: if you have mini hands and a lot of money to spare, sure give it a try, if you don't: Just spend (waste) your 80 bucks on packs during Black Friday and not on a Nacon.
  • bjornheisenberg
    what about the macro buttons?
    this would be handy for things like "team pressing"...offside although not always wise.

thinkt he raised sticks would be just a case of getting used to.

im more interested in the responsiveness and the adjustment side of the responsiveness.

i guess there is the case of getting used to a controller......but take for instance i changed from alternte to classic and a week later im still pressing the cross button sometimes with an open goal lol.....
  • bjornheisenberg
    JorisDB wrote: »

I've tried the Nacon and sent it back after trying for about a week, it was a good controller but IMPOSSIBLE to fit in my hands.
    There's a weird ridge on the back which forces you to put your fingers on the underside, instead of the backside (by backside I mean where the R1/R2/L1/L2 buttons are), meaning you only have your index fingers available for the R/L buttons, instead of your index finger and your middle finger, which makes you simply less effective and responsive, as you need to click both R1 and R2 with the same finger.

Furthermore the main reason why I wanted to try the Nacon was because of the input lag I thought I had with the normal controller (I bought the Nacon with cable) and because of the stick sensitivity and not being able to aim well with a normal controller (passes going astray).
    I found that buying the Nacon did not solve any of those problems, and it was a relieve for me to switch back to my good old PS4 controller, which resulted in me playing a LOT better than I did with the Nacon..

All in all: if you have mini hands and a lot of money to spare, sure give it a try, if you don't: Just spend (waste) your 80 bucks on packs during Black Friday and not on a Nacon.

did you try to change the responsiveness curves?

one issue i have with the ds4 is players dont seem to accelerate which i can only put down to the response curve on the controller...the agile players turn properly.

its like its set wrong.
  • romanoww
    52 posts Park Captain
    I have big hands as well and even find playing for too long on my Xbox 1 controller leaving me cramped. I play on my PC so I'm looking for a controller that's compatible with Windows as well. I prefer the thumbstick placement of the Xbox controllers. Someone has experience with the Razer Wolverine controller?