EA sort the transfer market ban out !

Bowden92
6072 posts Big Money Move
edited November 2017
Woke up today to a transfer market ban "because of a complication when presented with captcha recently"

So Ye, because there was an issue with captcha and I couldn't verify my account, now I've been banned, anybody else got this

@EA_Andy First time I've ever tagged you in anything or needed your help, I'm guessing I won't get any help, but why am I getting this ? There was an issue with alot of people due to the captcha error and now I'm being punished for it with a ban ?
Post edited by Bowden92 on

Comments

• EddieFicio
    21453 posts Club Captain
    RIP @Blarix
  • Bowden92
    EddieFicio wrote: »

?
  • Futfanatic
    12568 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2017
    Bowden92 wrote: »
    Woke up today to a transfer market ban "because of a complication when presented with captcha recently"

So Ye, because there was an issue with captcha and I couldn't verify my account, now I've been banned, anybody else got this

@EA_Andy First time I've ever tagged you in anything or needed your help, I'm guessing I won't get any help, but why am I getting this ? There was an issue with alot of people due to the captcha error and now I'm being punished for it with a ban ?
    Dude... I’ve been talking about this captcha is going to cause problems sooner or later for the last days and its already happening. This is just ridiculous. I did not get a ban but I also tried to log in like 10 times before I thought it was better to stop. Have you tried to login on console yesterday, and what did you get when you tried?

@Pieman25 look whats happening now...
  • Bowden92
    edited November 2017
    It says I can log in on console, but I've been banned from using third party, so basically the web app and the companion app, which is where I do 95% of my trading

Absolute joke that something on their end is getting me banned
  • Bowden92
    How do I get live chat for EA, whenever I go on their website and try reporting the problem it just gives the option to email them, it says they'll get back to emails within 72 hours :joy: Ye I'm going to wait that long for their **** up
  • EddieFicio
    21453 posts Club Captain

?

He had it too
  • scodax
    10 posts Ball Boy
    same for me. i've got locked transfer market in web and companion app. i coudn't verify that i am not a robot because the verification service didn't work. Great joke, EA!
    @EA_Andy Do something.
  • Bowden92

?

He had it too

Ah sorry didn't know what you meant, anyway the error messages has literally just changed now To "continue playing UT 18 on XB to unlock transfer market" so hopefully that works, not really ideal when you work and rely on the app for trading, but I guess I'll have to log in when I can
  • Futfanatic
    Look at this thread: https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/306987/fut-transfer-market-access-on-web-and-companion-app#latest

Happened at the start as well, don’t think anybody will be helping.
  • scodax
    10 posts Ball Boy

?

He had it too

Ah sorry didn't know what you meant, anyway the error messages has literally just changed now To "continue playing UT 18 on XB to unlock transfer market" so hopefully that works, not really ideal when you work and rely on the app for trading, but I guess I'll have to log in when I can

• Dan2501
    1250 posts Professional
    Same error for me. Logged in on Console this morning and still locked out. Hopefully be sorted soon. #FIXFifa
  • Pieman25
    15987 posts World Class
    Futfanatic wrote: »

Dude... I’ve been talking about this captcha is going to cause problems sooner or later for the last days and its already happening. This is just ridiculous. I did not get a ban but I also tried to log in like 10 times before I thought it was better to stop. Have you tried to login on console yesterday, and what did you get when you tried?

Yep completely agree it’s a serious issue but I haven’t had a response back yet. I did get back in but that doesn’t mean I’ve left it there, just haven’t anything to feed back to you guys at the mo so apologies.
  • pudgyfudgy
    5372 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2017
    Haven't been banned yet but got the Captcha a lot of times.

Find the whole process rather unfair... firstly you can get the Captcha for no apparent reason at all. Sometimes I get the message when I'm mass bidding, which I suppose is fine. But other times I get it when applying consumables and doing stuff with the squad. Totally random.

And then after you get the Captcha, it's kinda ridiculous how a ban or no ban hinges on flipping a bloody animal. One mis-click or mis-tap and you're banned. Take too long and you're banned.

Take a leaf from Google's way of spotting bots, for goodness sake. All they ask is for you to click a button. Their algorithms will analyse how your cursor moves towards the button to determine if you're a bot or not. That's all. So simple, yet so clever. And so accurate.
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    Yet so useless on a mobile phone...
  • Bowden92
    So , I logged in on console, even re listed my players and moved a few things round, so it wasn't just a quick log in log out, then backed out properly of UT, gave it 5 mins and tried app again, surprise surprise I'm still locked out

WTF is happening we need it sorting
  • Bowden92
  • Futfanatic
    Pieman25 wrote: »

Yep completely agree it’s a serious issue but I haven’t had a response back yet. I did get back in but that doesn’t mean I’ve left it there, just haven’t anything to feed back to you guys at the mo so apologies.

It was so predictable that the result of this would be a mysterious transfermarket ban for some people.

Conspiracy theory:
    EA: “how can we thin out the herd of traders and investers?”

Evil consultant: “first you’re going to disable the captcha challenge. That way people that bid a lot will be kicked out of companion/webapp and furiously try to log back in. The first ones you can ban for this, because of ‘suspicious login attempts’. Next up we’ll have a different kind of captcha on console and flag the people that continue on companion/webapp without passing this challenge on console in a set time. This way you could get rid of a lot of traders/investers that don’t spend money on your game because they don’t need to.

EA: “great, can we pay you in fifa points?”

Evil consultant: “lol you crazy m8?”
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional

It was so predictable that the result of this would be a mysterious transfermarket ban for some people.

Conspiracy theory:

Evil consultant: “first you’re going to disable the captcha challenge. That way people that bid a lot will be kicked out of companion/webapp and furiously try to log back in. The first ones you can ban for this, because of ‘suspicious login attempts’. Next up we’ll have a different kind of captcha on console and flag the people that continue on companion/webapp without passing this challenge on console in a set time. This way you could get rid of a lot of traders/investers that don’t spend money on your game because they don’t need to.

:D :D :D
    Lol. I had the 'movie' going off in my head, I was right there...
  • Bowden92
    This is so annoying, continue playing UT on console to unlock transfer market, did It, still locked, makes sense man
  • Futfanatic

Conspiracy theory:

:D :D :D
    Lol. I had the 'movie' going off in my head, I was right there...

The sequal features a mysterious death at EA HQ. Apparantly this junior strategist, fresh out of college, made this proposal for cheaper fifa points and higher pack weights. Next thing you know he tripped and fell through a window on the 15th floor.
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    edited November 2017
    This is so annoying, continue playing UT on console to unlock transfer market, did It, still locked, makes sense man

Yep I had this at the start of the game for absolutely ages. I swear I had played 250 games before I could use the web app transfer market. I went on live chat and they told me to post here lol.
  • DUserUP
    553 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2017
    had same banned for capcha attempts, well how the hell can i complete a capcha that dont show up on the page, ea logic i think compairing this to the early unable to trade to play more games is incorrect this is a market ban for apparenly doing activity on the webapp thats against the TOS
  • Choepiechakie
    31444 posts National Team Captain
    #FixFifa
  • DUserUP
    #FixFifa

this realy is starting to make sence, i seen it here and there on the forums. makes sence the shambles that this game is. however in the eyes of ea the game is fine. couple issues here and there that they will patch as they go along
  • Bowden92
    DUserUP wrote: »
    had same banned for capcha attempts, well how the hell can i complete a capcha that dont show up on the page, ea logic i think compairing this to the early unable to trade to play more games is incorrect this is a market ban for apparenly doing activity on the webapp thats against the TOS

Are you banned now from market on app
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    It's just a bug.
    Let the EA people have their thanksgiving day. It will get fixed sooner or later. Much sooner than fixing real issues with the game anyway.
  • DUserUP
    DUserUP wrote: »

Are you banned now from market on app

yes since lastnight, went as follows. spamming market to buy cheap hunter cards. booted couple times refreshing app no capcha shows. go on console to complete captcha. then played a couple of SB lastnight after im informed that activitry with capcha breaks TOS so no longer able to trade on webapp or companion app
  • OZero
    4983 posts Big Money Move
    I don't understand why getting banned for something not players fault = no compensation needed from EA side.
  • DUserUP
    OZero wrote: »
    I don't understand why getting banned for something not players fault = no compensation needed from EA side.

well they do say somone place ive read buy low sell high, umm thats what i was doing like i have always done before. fair enough i had spent over 600k on hunters but then its up to me ive done nothing wrong. ea wont give compensation i got a feeling they will imply i still broken the rules
  • EA_Andy
    3148 posts EA Community Manager
    Thanks for the heads up, Pieman and ha032742 were on to me last night about this issue and I'll follow up this morning to send over the further reports we've had.