Opened 50x 7.5k packs...

TheQuest
254 posts Sunday League Hero
and got no boards

absolutely made me want to vomit and never want to use points again.

Clearly intentional to not release special packs by EA with a TOTW like this.

Comments

• HektorOvTroy
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    Those pack are for getting as a reward or if you want to pay over the odds for some consumables.

After week 2 or so anyway....
  • ha032742
    35284 posts Moderator
    ?

They never usually release promo packs the same day TOTW is released and why couldn’t you wait till Friday for better packs? :|
  • TheQuest
    Yeh I know they're ****, but they didn't use to be this ****... unless it's the illusion of the boards.

Anyways don't waste money on anything like that, keep it for special packs.
  • Away Casual
    384 posts Sunday League Hero
    That is a very dumb thing to do. The odds getting even a rare player is crazy low. Why on earth would you waste coins or points on these packs given that big packs are just around the corner.
  • TheQuest
    ha032742 wrote: »
    ?

They never usually release promo packs the same day TOTW is released and why couldn’t you wait till Friday for better packs? :|

You're asking a FUT player to be patient? :dizzy:
    I did keep some points for tomorrow/friday... but still, what's the point of these 7.5k packs with ridiculously low pack weight
  • TheQuest
    You're missing the point..

50 packs and not a single player above 82... that's what you should be focusing on
  • HektorOvTroy
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    TheQuest wrote: »
    You're missing the point..

Correction....

He's missing his points....
  • kukuchev711
    989 posts Professional
    You should never open these 7.5k.. I once rage opened some packs and luckily got Reus who I sold for 120k and stopped. So I made around a 60-70k profit. That was a lesson never to open these stupid packs tho.
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    I had 325k burning a hole and no real investments available this week

No ifs but mbappe and a few others of reasonable value should see me break even and a nice restock if club.
  • I guarantee you will get something good after opening 1 ultimate pack on Friday. If u opened 50 packs, odds are you recieved at least 42 rare players. Lets say u opened 1 ultimate pack and a 50k pack and got trash. The next ultimate pack "should" yield a much better return.
    It sucks u got nothing, but i bet 100k that u will get a cpl nice pulls after opening a 125k pk.
  • TheQuest
    That is a very dumb thing to do. The odds getting even a rare player is crazy low. Why on earth would you waste coins or points on these packs given that big packs are just around the corner.

You're missing the point...

i didn't say I didn't get a TOTW , I said I didn't get a board.

a **** kagawa or some ****... that's my **** point. Yes I shouldn't have been tempted to open now but that doesn't change the fact that getting an 83 rated player shouldn't be so difficult
  • TheQuest
    I wasn't expecting to pack naingollan, just a **** board in 50 packs... that's the point I'm making but nevermind guys, of course it's my fault... definitely not EAs
  • Nervous_Nick
    5504 posts Big Money Move
    OP is right...50 packs and not a single board is a shame....that's 7500 FP ffs!!!
  • Springveldt
    4680 posts National Call-Up
    £40 of packs and not even an 83.

I guess that’s the gamble you take.
  • TheQuest
    £40 of packs and not even an 83.

I guess that’s the gamble you take.

Yeh I now know this, just making sure others aren't as stupid as me.
  • ml1dch
    1422 posts Professional
    ha032742 wrote: »
    ?

You're asking a FUT player to be patient? :dizzy:
    I did keep some points for tomorrow/friday... but still, what's the point of these 7.5k packs with ridiculously low pack weight

So that impatient people have something to spend money on if they don't know any better.
  • ProHulst0s
    7131 posts Big Money Move
    Why even open those?
  • TheQuest
    ProHulst0s wrote: »
    Why even open those?

Well why not?

Millions do... millions would like to pack a special card and be able to sell them on quickly at a good price.

I personally feel like you're more likely to pack these informs early on after the release, and least likely on a tuesday .... but that's superstition as there's no way to prove it.

Are you all telling me that non of you open 7.5k packs anymore?
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2017
    That’s pretty poor so I agree with the OP, but whilst people like the OP do it, EA will keep the cycle going.

Look how few Hazards and Pogbas appear to be getting packed based on the handful listed. Hardly any. Weight must be atrocious. I doubt you would get one in 25 ultimate packs.

Eventually this will all come out in the wash but for now you are best steering well clear of basic packs as a minimum.
  • TheQuest
    richo27 wrote: »
    That’s pretty poor so I agree with the OP, but whilst people like the OP do it, EA will keep the cycle going.

Look how few Hazards and Pogbas appear to be getting packed based on the handful listed. Hardly any. Weight must be atrocious. I doubt you would get one in 25 ultimate packs.

Eventually this will all come out in the wash but for now you are best steering well clear of basic packs as a minimum.

Yeh please don't do what I've done kids :D

To be honest this is only the second time I've uploaded points on the game this year, so I generally am not part of the problem.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13086 posts Has That Special Something
    boards?

buying packs is a gamble, haven't you been paying attention?
  • Eyeball
    234 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ProHulst0s wrote: »
    Why even open those?

Well why not?

Millions do... millions would like to pack a special card and be able to sell them on quickly at a good price.

I personally feel like you're more likely to pack these informs early on after the release, and least likely on a tuesday .... but that's superstition as there's no way to prove it.

Are you all telling me that non of you open 7.5k packs anymore?
    Opened a few recently but didn't pack anything worth talking about. I sometimes open 100FP packs instead. Can get some high value desirable players from those even though it's only 1 rare.
  • TheQuest
    edited November 2017
    boards?

buying packs is a gamble, haven't you been paying attention?

Omg please shush if you have nothing insightful to say.

this isn't about gambling or not gambling... this is about player 'weight'

Packing 83 rated players in past Fifa was so common compared to this year, that is the point.
  • GrinWithoutaKat
    1147 posts Professional
    I'm pretty down on pack luck right now myself, as I had 13 packs saved from Squad Battles, Marque Match Ups, the Porto SBC and two drafts, and got one board in all of them. Ironically, the board was in the first pack I opened... containing just one rare gold, which turned out to be an in form... but it was the guy from Luton. It was probably around 200k's worth of packs in terms of coins, although admittedly nothing really worth more than 45k individually.

I do question why you'd blow all that on 7.5k packs when we're so close to black friday...
  • MrStealyogirl
    42 posts Last Pick at the Park
    From what i've won from drafts recently i've had decent packs than usual, recently had kross and rodriguez hero twice, not great but profit is profit. Before hand though i had been getting nothing for a while and refuse to spend money on packs as i think its just not worth it, would rather earn my packs so i don't care who i get and won't be disappointed
  • BiigDee
    4416 posts National Call-Up
    So we all know the 7.5K packs are rubbish and you hardly ever get a good card from them, if it's only them on sale then where are all the new TOTW cards on the market coming from?
  • kukuchev711
    989 posts Professional
    EA sets them up on the market.
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    Ridiculous. The problem I have is simecwill get 3 great cards in one pack.
  • tzinc
    1594 posts Play-Off Hero
    if you spend x amount of real money or fifa coins you should be guaranteed boards, informs and even icons
  • BioNicoM2
    63 posts Park Captain
    I had some good luck with 7.5k. 2 x Litmanen, Hagi, Laudrup. KDB, Lewandowaki and I opened a lot of them. But usualy every 25 was a boards worse case. And pack weight of them changed drasticly. From 12k fp on the begining of fifa i had at least 2 informs and some good boards. Last time I opened 100 packs got out around 150k back but i used all the non expensive players for 81+ upgrade and got OTW Jesus and IF Son l, Eriksen and Buffon. But cant trade them :dizzy: