Better match-ups = Less complaints and more enjoyment for all players at every level

Mdionne415
1146 posts Professional
Better match-ups = Less complaints and more enjoyment for all players at every level

Comments

• DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Everyone wants to play someone worse so they always win. Sadly that isn’t possible.
  • Rulistening
    1953 posts Play-Off Hero
    Are you trying to tell me that Better match-ups = Less complaints and more enjoyment for all players at every level?
  • Mc_chigby
    1060 posts Professional
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Everyone wants to play someone worse so they always win. Sadly that isn’t possible.

Little untrue as playing people better than you can help you to:

a) raise your game as if you win everything then no sense of achievement
    b) spot weakness within your team/style of play to change

Granted not everyone thinks this way but unfair to make general sweeping generalization.

What I do think is worrying is the patented matching system EA have put together (not in this game yet) that puts you against players who are dramatically higher in skill/teams with higher rated players than you to try and persuade the player to spend more money on the game.

Like a say no issue playing someone better than me as all for improving but I do worry they will start placing players with low skill constantly against people who are far better or spent far more in attempts at pushing more money through their door. (Yes they are a company so making money is their target but believe this kind of matching only results in pay to win kind of attitude)
  • Mdionne415
    1146 posts Professional

Nobody is making that point. Win or lose I would prefer the majority of games to be competitive. I completely realize that's not possible over a season. What I don't understand is that I'll burn through 3-4 opponents because of bad match-ups and than go 8-12 matches getting crushed because of bad macth-ups before it resets- and the pattern stays about the same.I'd say out of 15 matches 1-3 games are evenly matched. The other thing I don't understand is how a win has more negative weight than a loss has positive. Plus, you have players with win percentages of 75% and higher, they are clearly playing the majority of their matches against players under their skill level. So, the majority of us are just fodder for them, but that really can't be fun for them. It's not like mid-level players get to play noobs all the time.