Gym & Fitness Discussion

Comments

• Whitebeard
    3444 posts National Call-Up
    MiIan wrote: »
    Whitebeard wrote: »
    Whitebeard wrote: »
    What kind of music do you guys listen when u train?

I need some new stuff.

The Spotify playlist 'Beast Mode' is a basic one that is pretty solid. I like some rock music or future house as well if you want more specific suggestions.

Spotify is not available in our country :(

I love rock when I train, so recommendations are welcome. Name of artists is fine, don't have do go into too much detail.

Don't listen much, if any, future house, but wouldn't mind giving it a go if you have recommendations.

Ah man, that's a shame!

I like the band Breaking Benjamin for rock during a workout, and check out this playlist on Youtube for LYD Future House music. You have to like Future House, but I'm curious what you think.

Thanks for the Breaking Benjamin! It's exactly the kind of thing I like.

Future house is good, I like it as a music, tho it's not something I would listen for working out haha. It's more for riding a bike or similar activities. Nevertheless, thanks, I added a few songs to my youtube playlist.
  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    Can anyone recommend some good wireless headphones ?

Thinking of going power beats pro at this stage.
  • MiIan
    12636 posts Has That Special Something
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend some good wireless headphones ?

Thinking of going power beats pro at this stage.

The Jabra Elite Sport are great.
  • Choepiechakie
    33891 posts National Team Captain
    Girls are just as creepy as some guys in the gym.
  • Choepiechakie
    So lads, I fixed this girl who goes to the same gym as me in the club. But mental theo was at the end, and the dutch lads in here know, its time for the lads then, so I ditched her.

But
    A. Do I switch gyms?
    B. Act like nothing happened.
    C. Just advance with her
  • CeeQue
    13367 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2019
    Any pros can give me Pros/Con with Cretine & Whey combined or 1 vs the other? Need to lose this dad bod for a wedding in the summer.
  • Choepiechakie
    edited December 2019
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Any pros can give me Pros/Con with Cretine & Whey combined or 1 vs the other? Need to lose this dad bod for a wedding in the summer.

You dont need it at all. Its just a marketing scheme. But if you really incist on using so. Your body already makes creatin naturally and ur body can oly absorb like 5mg or something, the rest you just ❤️❤️❤️❤️ out. Same for the protein anything too much just turns into fat.

U can take one scoop in the morning add the creatine with it and fill it with water. Then shake it.

But if u start going gym for the first time. Dont buy it at all. Its a supplement. So it means its only "extra" If you have a proper diet u are big chilling. If u show us ur diet, im sure we will take a look at it.

Its smart to calculate ur daily need of calories a day. And then look how much calorie intake u have in a day. U just have to do it once, there are plenty of apps for it. Then we can also give u a proper advise
  • Choepiechakie
  • CeeQue
    Thing is I have a high metabolism. So unless I eat heavy, a few hours later im begging for something to eat.

I've been to the gym off an on over the years. But family commitments have pushed me back. Used to do Muay Thai but those schools were mad expensive.
  • Choepiechakie
    edited December 2019
    Thing is I have a high metabolism. So unless I eat heavy, a few hours later im begging for something to eat.

I've been to the gym off an on over the years. But family commitments have pushed me back. Used to do Muay Thai but those schools were mad expensive.

A high metabolism is ideal for losing fat. But realise its healthy to have 6 meals a day. They dont have to be big. But say you sleep like 8 hours, which leaves open 16h. Say u eat before bed and after. Which leaves open 4 meals, diner, lunch, and two inbetweens.
    But if u wana lose weight. Intermittent fasting is a big hype now

You can still those cravings with, an apple, water, coffee.
  • CeeQue

A high metabolism is ideal for losing fat.

Those make me jittery 😄. I chug down a good litter of water but it sorta calms me down. Just need to change my diet and be disciplined.
  • Choepiechakie
    edited December 2019

Those make me jittery 😄. I chug down a good litter of water but it sorta calms me down. Just need to change my diet and be disciplined.

Look at my edit. But damn, coffee is actually meta. Shame
  • CeeQue

Yeah so my routine is something like this

4:30 am - 1 egg white, 2slices of chicken/turkey, 1 slice of white or fat free cheese

5:30 am - Gym and a protein shack immediate after. Been using Wheybolic Alpha from GNC

7:30 am - work

9:00 am - 2 packets of instant oatmeal and a fruit preferably a banana

12:00 pm - Lunch mainly salad (Kale, 2/3 chicken tenders, peeled carrots, chopped mushrooms, blueberries, grape tomatoes, flax seeds & balsamic vinegar

4:00 pm - work ends but pick kids up at day care

5:00 pm dinner varies of what the nuggets can eat😒. This is what kills it for me since I don't have time to cook 2 separate meals.

9:00 pm - Bedtime another shake if i did any weight training. If only cardio then I skip.
  • Choepiechakie
    edited December 2019
    Thats a solid diet.

If u still find urself gaining weight. U might wanna lower/skip on the oatmeal. That food is very consuming

Bit overkill on the shakes tho. Haha. 3 a day is anwful lot. Maybe find a replacement for that. Like a glass of milk + some crackers with a slice of chicken(filet?)
  • Choepiechakie
    Also a banana is very sugary.
  • CeeQue
    edited December 2019
    Thats a solid diet.

If u still find urself gaining weight. U might wanna lower/skip on the oatmeal. That food is very consuming

Bit overkill on the shakes tho. Haha. 3 a day is anwful lot. Maybe find a replacement for that. Like a glass of milk + some crackers with a slice of chicken(filet?)

Nah just 2 shakes 1 after my workout. The other before bedtime if I lifted weights.
  • MiIan
    edited December 2019
    So lads, I fixed this girl who goes to the same gym as me in the club. But mental theo was at the end, and the dutch lads in here know, its time for the lads then, so I ditched her.

But
    A. Do I switch gyms?
    B. Act like nothing happened.
    C. Just advance with her

Hahahaha what a guy.

Absolutely not A.

If she's a good catch, maybe try to contact her in there. If not, just get your headset on and pump the iron without noticing her.
  • MiIan

It's not essential at all to lose a dad bod. Essential is that you get to know how many calories you need to maintain weight, and eat 250/500 less so you are in a caloric deficit and can lose weight.

I would definitely use creatine though, since it can help your strength while cutting, help with your testosterone and overall performance. Most tested supplement on the market and is good for every man.
  • MiIan
    edited December 2019
    Thats a solid diet.

This, looks very solid to me man.

Maybe try to like Choepie said have at least a 13h interval between your last meal in the evening and your breakfast for a fasting effect. And again, count the calories and try to consistently be in a deficit.

And try to not cut out any kind of fat. Not eating fat is a myth to make you lose fat. Try to still eat healthy fats like coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, avocado, etc , which makes you satiated for a longer time too. But avoid the sunflower, canola, vegetable oils that are highly inflammatory.
  • MiIan
    Finally hit the 100kg bench press 1RM 2 weeks ago after 3 years of training, which consists of 6 months of travelling where my strength declined heavily. Since september the Jim Wendler 5/3/1 programm had my strength and asthaetic come back in no time and even got me stronger than before.

Currently 87 kg as well, with still being around 12/14% body fat.
  • Choepiechakie
    Goat
  • MiIan
    Goat

How are your stats rn man? Combining well with football?
  • Choepiechakie
    Goat

Nah already quit footy 3 yeara ago.

My main flaw is my diet man. I just cba making myself proper meals. Keep fluctating around 72 kgs. Just came back from injury where I couldnt train for 6 weeks. But frankly barely lost any strength. Which surprised me. But been stagnating too much. Need to work on my diet.
  • MiIan
    edited December 2019
    Goat

My main flaw is my diet man. I just cba making myself proper meals. Keep fluctating around 72 kgs. Just came back from injury where I couldnt train for 6 weeks. But frankly barely lost any strength. Which surprised me. But been stagnating too much. Need to work on my diet.

Wait you did? I remember you posting a workout plan with footy specific exercices in it.

Hmm, yeah diet is so key. You just have to find some convenient one pan meals who are easy to make and stick to it. Consistency is everything.

How tall are you as well?
  • Choepiechakie
    Goat

Wait you did? I remember you posting a workout plan with footy specific exercices in it.

Hmm, yeah diet is so key. You just have to find some convenient one pan meals who are easy to make and stick to it. Consistency is everything.

Yh was for me and I friend who still plays. Hha i just fitted in day.

Good memory u have
  • Choepiechakie
    If u dont train in a sweater if its less than 10 degrees, ur a beta.

Change my mind
  • BO0OM
    3740 posts National Call-Up

4:30 am - 1 egg white, 2slices of chicken/turkey, 1 slice of white or fat free cheese

5:30 am - Gym and a protein shack immediate after. Been using Wheybolic Alpha from GNC

12:00 pm - Lunch mainly salad (Kale, 2/3 chicken tenders, peeled carrots, chopped mushrooms, blueberries, grape tomatoes, flax seeds & balsamic vinegar

5:00 pm dinner varies of what the nuggets can eat😒. This is what kills it for me since I don't have time to cook 2 separate meals.

9:00 pm - Bedtime another shake if i did any weight training. If only cardio then I skip.

how much Kg do you need 2 drop?
  • CeeQue
    BO0OM wrote: »

how much Kg do you need 2 drop?

I don't really need to lose any just my belly.
  • MiIan
    If u dont train in a sweater if its less than 10 degrees, ur a beta.

Change my mind

A gym is warmed up right? :D

Got to see them veins
  • MiIan
    Goat

Yh was for me and I friend who still plays. Hha i just fitted in day.

Good memory u have

Aaah okay, that's why haha